WhyDelaHoya is one of the greatest

Saucy isn't spinning IMO. The fight started out kind of lackluster.

Oscar is on live on ESPN News right now.

VERY classy in losing. No excuses. He seemed really upset though. He has NO reason to be down on himself.

Did it look like Oscar quit? Or was he really finished?

I am certainly eating crow about my prediction but I still think that DLH was and is the man.

But I'm happy, I really, really wanted B-Hop to win. If B-Hop wants to know how difficult it was for DLH to fight him, he should go up and fight Tarver. If B-Hop can beat Tarver, he's the best ever at middleweight.

He didn't quit. He said "I tried to get up but couldn't breathe and could not get up. Hopkins is pretty strong but not what I expected. I gave him too much respect in the beginning of fight."

"Did it look like Oscar quit? Or was he really finished?"

I posted the KO vid that Keegan linked on about 30 threads. Look for it. He had NO CHOICE. He got hit just right.

he didnt quit at all, he struggled to get up, and was extremely frustrated disappointed when he didnt make the count, hiding his head and punching the canvas several times.

Hopkins just landed the perfect punch, thats it

Hard for the rest of us to swallow?

Well congrats to you for swallowing Oscar's load.

ttt

great fight

The fight started out slow because Hopkins and De La Hoya are two of the best boxers on the planet, they both respected the other's skill and wanted to avoid making any early mistakes.

In title fights, Nard usually starts slow and gets stronger as the rounds go on. That's what was happening last night, Oscar would have gotten punished for the last four rounds if not for the beautifully set up liver shot.

If B-Hop wants to know how difficult it was for DLH to fight him, he should go up and fight Tarver. If B-Hop can beat Tarver, he's the best ever at middleweight.

Nard is a great boxer, but nowhere near the best ever at middleweight. He lost to Roy in 93 and although he has dominated the division since, he hasn't faced the competition that the all time MW greats had.

Bernard's pro debut was at light heavyweight. He lost a 4 round decision to Clinton Mitchell (3-1-1) not exactly a world beater. It makes much more "cents" for Nard to rematch Oscar at 158 or Roy Jones at 168 than it does for him to face Tarver at 175.

Tarver just wouldn't be as much of a payday, and would be a much bigger risk.

Pernell Whitaker was the most robbed fighter in the history of boxing.

" just didn't think the fight was that great"

It depends on what you like. If you like tactical boxing, you liked this fight.

"Bernard's pro debut was at light heavyweight. He lost a 4 round decision to Clinton Mitchell (3-1-1) not exactly a world beater."

You can't judge a fighter's career like Bernard Hopkins from his first fight. There's been many great boxers who lost their pro debut.

The guy has not lost in 11 years!

You can't judge a fighter's career like Bernard Hopkins from his first fight. There's been many great boxers who lost their pro debut.

Nard is my favorite boxer for many reasons. One of which is that even though he lost his first fight, he didn't quit. He worked hard and came back stronger.

Hopkins did move down to MW quickly after his loss. He is a great middleweight, but Tarver is a solid LHW. The size difference would make it difficult for Nard to get inside and do his thing.

Most importantly, a Tarver fight wouldn't generate as much revenue as a rematch with Oscar or Trinidad or maybe a superfight with Roy would - especially if Roy had to come down to 168.

Notable fighters who lost pro debut:

Juan Manuel Marquez, Rafael Marquez, Alexis Arguello, Ricardo Mayorga, Robert Allen, Antwun Echols, Freddie Pendleton, Johnny Nelson, and many more.

I would like to see the rematch with Jones.

That's the fight I most want to see as well.

Roy doesn't bring as much money to the table as Oscar, but Nard would be getting revenge for the only blemish on his middleweight record.

If Roy had to make 168, there is the possibility that he would be weak as he was in the first Tarver fight. Combined with Nard's 11 year reign of terror, the fight would be very appealing to boxing fans and probably make a couple million for each fighter.

And we'd be entertained for weeks with the drama surrounding the exact revenue split - 80/20, 60/40 or 50/50? Let the war of words begin!

"He's as close to being a perfect human being and it's hard for the rest of us to swallow. "

Did you marry your partner yet in San Francisco?

ttt