Will Aldo show up in December? Yes or no?

What would happen if he showed up but missed weight by a few pounds.

stonepony -
Hate420 - He's gonna show up and whoop some ass like he has every other time he's stepped in the octagon. Phone Post 3.0

Last time I saw him fight, Chad Mendez took him the distance in a very close fight. Their striking was comparable.

Chad was having no luck striking with Conor.

Conor will win the real title when Jose shows up to fight.
I agree with you about the striking but Aldo's a bigger threat on the ground than Mendes, if he can get the fight to the ground Conor could be in trouble. Phone Post 3.0

WATHUNT - 
stonepony -
Hate420 - He's gonna show up and whoop some ass like he has every other time he's stepped in the octagon. Phone Post 3.0

Last time I saw him fight, Chad Mendez took him the distance in a very close fight. Their striking was comparable.

I agree with you about the striking but Aldo's a bigger threat on the ground than Mendes, if he can get the fight to the ground Conor could be in trouble. Phone Post 3.0

I think you've got that backwards actually. Conor has the JJ to defend himself against Aldo's grappling.

Conor is weak against wrestling. Chad/Frankie/Faber, beast wrestlers, are all tougher fights for Conor.

IMO.

thaVANILLA Gorilla -
HandyDarsh -
ShoreBreaker420 - I think he'll show up missing Phone Post 3.0
Might even wake up dead IMO Phone Post 3.0
You can't just wake up dead. Phone Post 3.0
Not even after you show up missing? Phone Post 3.0

stonepony -
WATHUNT - 
stonepony -

I think you've got that backwards actually. Conor has the JJ to defend himself against Aldo's grappling.

Conor is weak against wrestling. Chad/Frankie/Faber, beast wrestlers, are all tougher fights for Conor.

IMO.
I think Aldo's wrestling is underated and i think to beat Conor on the ground you need to sub him quick i dont think you can give Conor to much of chance to stand up in a fight, i think if you do he would knock out anyboby in the division 90 % of the time. Phone Post 3.0

easedel - What would happen if he showed up but missed weight by a few pounds.

Aldo would be stripped of the title. If he won, the title would be vacated and he'd have to fight again to regain it. Conor wins then he gets the title. Pretty sure that's how it would work.

stonepony - 
WATHUNT - 
stonepony -

IMO.

I dunno about that, Chad, who's shown little ground grappling skills in the past, passed Connor's guard pretty easily and got the mounted crucifix within a quick moment of a td down into full guard iirc. He also got those 2 guillotine attempts from the top pretty easily. This was a beaten up and gassed Mendes who is not known for his ground game.

Aldo while normally being quite conservative in committing to his ground game, obviously has a BJJ game on another level to Chad's as evidenced by how easily he mounted someone like Florian. I would expect Aldo to do better on the ground with Connor than Mendes.

Mendes is of course the better wrestler but Aldo is no slouch in the td dept himself (ask Lamas). Will depend of course on the other factors like how much damage Aldo may take before getting Connor down. Mendes was taking damage out the gate - obviously credit to Connor there.

As far as Chad having no luck striking with Conor, he hit Conor plenty of times. COnor was just having "luck" with his chin. I would have to take away that Connor does have quite the chin as I would say Chad has the most raw punching power at FW (more than Aldo, more than Connor). However, what im not sure about is how flush or how much Chad was able to connect thru with those punches due to his trouble breaking range (which could also be a problem for Aldo). We'd still have to say that Connor's chin is pretty good though.

And while Connor will still have a significant height and reach advantage over Aldo, it will be significantly less than it was over Mendes. Aldo also will not have to worry about Connor's tds (not saying Connor cant take him down but Aldo wont be worried about it like Chad's) and thus he will be able to strike away with less concern there. He will obviously have more to worry with Connor's striking arsenal. The Connor crowd also seem to strike out any factor that Aldo's leg kicks will be a factor simply from the orthodox/south paw stance matchup but Aldo throws leg kicks normally in combination. I would still expect it to be a factor.

yep, count on it.

WATHUNT - Injuries happen in this sport it suck's but what can you do. Aldo's not the type to duck anyone. Phone Post 3.0
But he's pulled out of 6 fights due to "injury" and with all the shady dealings back in July, I don't know what his deal is. Phone Post 3.0

Here's hoping. This is a fight that needs to happen regardless of the outcome.

No chance.

Wasa-B -
stonepony - 
WATHUNT - 
stonepony -

IMO.

I dunno about that, Chad, who's shown little ground grappling skills in the past, passed Connor's guard pretty easily and got the mounted crucifix within a quick moment of a td down into full guard iirc. He also got those 2 guillotine attempts from the top pretty easily. This was a beaten up and gassed Mendes who is not known for his ground game.

Aldo while normally being quite conservative in committing to his ground game, obviously has a BJJ game on another level to Chad's as evidenced by how easily he mounted someone like Florian. I would expect Aldo to do better on the ground with Connor than Mendes.

Mendes is of course the better wrestler but Aldo is no slouch in the td dept himself (ask Lamas). Will depend of course on the other factors like how much damage Aldo may take before getting Connor down. Mendes was taking damage out the gate - obviously credit to Connor there.

As far as Chad having no luck striking with Conor, he hit Conor plenty of times. COnor was just having "luck" with his chin. I would have to take away that Connor does have quite the chin as I would say Chad has the most raw punching power at FW (more than Aldo, more than Connor). However, what im not sure about is how flush or how much Chad was able to connect thru with those punches due to his trouble breaking range (which could also be a problem for Aldo). We'd still have to say that Connor's chin is pretty good though.

And while Connor will still have a significant height and reach advantage over Aldo, it will be significantly less than it was over Mendes. Aldo also will not have to worry about Connor's tds (not saying Connor cant take him down but Aldo wont be worried about it like Chad's) and thus he will be able to strike away with less concern there. He will obviously have more to worry with Connor's striking arsenal. The Connor crowd also seem to strike out any factor that Aldo's leg kicks will be a factor simply from the orthodox/south paw stance matchup but Aldo throws leg kicks normally in combination. I would still expect it to be a factor.

Great post. I agree with all. Phone Post 3.0

Wasa-B - 
stonepony - 
WATHUNT - 
stonepony -

IMO.

I agree with most of that.

"I would expect Aldo to do better on the ground with Connor than Mendes."

My point was, Chad/Frankie/Uriah are all far more likely and more able to take Conor to the ground. Whereas Aldo will stand with him.

And, Conor weaseling out of that Alpha-Male guillotine choke wasn't nothing. It was a statement.

stonepony -
Wasa-B - 
stonepony - 
WATHUNT - 
stonepony -

IMO.

I agree with most of that.

"I would expect Aldo to do better on the ground with Connor than Mendes."

My point was, Chad/Frankie/Uriah are all far more likely and more able to take Conor to the ground. Whereas Aldo will stand with him.

And, Conor weaseling out of that Alpha-Male guillotine choke wasn't nothing. It was a statement.
When Aldo wants to take someone down he's been quite successful, i think his takedown % is right up there with gsp.

He's made a career of beating good wrestlers with his great tdd making them stand with him where he's had a big advantage.

I think this fight its the opposite and he will have the advantage on the ground and where he'll try and take this fight. Phone Post 3.0

So Jose Aldo..the great striker everyone claims him to be won't stand with someone he thinks is a joke? Phone Post 3.0

"My point was, Chad/Frankie/Uriah are all far more likely and more able to take Conor to the ground. Whereas Aldo will stand with him."

More likely, yes. More able, I don't know -- I don't think Aldo would have any real difficulty taking Conor down if/when he tries to do so.

If Aldo is smart, he'll take Conor down and submit him immediately and make him look like a chump. I think Conor is at least equal to Aldo standing if not better; that would be a dangerous fight and certainly not an easy one. It would be hilarious and humiliating to simply submit Conor in the first round, not give him a chance to show anything at all, make him look like a rookie.

Yes and he'll leave with his Title not the toy belt Conor is carrying around and Conor's soul

He will show up. The question is whether he will fight emotional or technical. That for me will be the difference-maker.

I fear that he will be there, unloading leg kick after leg kick on Connors legs. Phone Post 3.0

easedel - What would happen if he showed up but missed weight by a few pounds.
He loses title.

Conor agrees to fight anyway.

Connor hurts him.

Happy ending. Phone Post 3.0