Will Canelo go down as the greatest fighter of all time?

He is compiling quite a resume so far and has so many legacy boosting fights coming up.

If he gets through Charlo, Benavidez, Beterbiev, GGG/Murata winner, etc. and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him winning belts at cruiserweight and heavyweight by the time he retires.

Do you think Canelo could be considered the GOAT when he retires?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

He lost to Floyd

13 Likes

This, you can’t be greater than the guy who beat you.

6 Likes

Judges fucked GGG over twice against Canelo. He’ll never be the greatest unless you can include his judges with him.

23 Likes

He’s a good boxer. He’s not a fighter.

7 Likes

Personally, I don’t like “the greatest of all time” talk. It can never be proven, yet people will argue about it. He can never fight the great fighters of the past. It’s apples and oranges to me.

He will go down as a great and one of, if not the best of his generation. Guy is a stud.

4 Likes

Ayeee me and RVD finally agree on something. Boxers aren’t fighters. Boxing is not fighting. Don’t ever let fool you on that

GGG won the first fight. Canelo won the 2nd.

11 Likes

Best Mexican fighter of all time sure.

2 Likes

Nope, he’s 0-1-1 against GGG.

Canelo is controlling the judging like Floyd did. A Canelo fight is a WWE style boxing event with a fixed outcome, unless his opponent were to beat the dogshit out of him Canelo will automatically get the decision.

Maidana beat Floyd, GGG beat Canelo. Canelo never avenged his losses.

Now his camp has been ducking GGG for years and is waiting for GGG to age. These tactics are despicable.

4 Likes

Of this era, probably. Maybe its nostalgia but I dont think he will ever be the very best over so many other greats.

1 Like

Boxer maybe. But fighter no

5 Likes

Did this fight look legit or did it look like another business arrangement?

1 Like

jajaja no, not even close. menso thread is menso jaja…

This. Judges fucked GGG on the first fight, but Canelo clearly improved/learned and beat GGG in the 2nd.

2 Likes

Floyd is one of the best ever and needed to force baby Canelo to cut weight multiple times and malnourish himself and cut to a lower weight than he fought as a 16 year old to beat him.

I don’t see how that stops him from reaching GOAT status unless everyone who isn’t undefeated is disqualified

5 Likes

Lmao first fight was close but in what universe did GGG win the rematch?

3 Likes

Your GOAT has double digit losses but Canelo can’t be GOAT bc 1 loss to Floyd? Lmao

7 Likes

Well you said overall GOAT for Canelo. I just said Diaz is goat Mexican fighter. I don’t consider boxers true fighters. They’re separate categories imo

Boxing is 100% fighting it’s just fighting without kicks, wrestling, knees, etc.

Just like MMA doesn’t allow biting, nut shots, eye gouging, knees or kicks to opponents on the ground, etc.

9 Likes