Will Canelo go down as the greatest fighter of all time?

^^^And mayweather

1 Like

Canelo won the second fight. I had money on GGG in that fight and Canelo clearly won.

1 Like

Bivol schooled him

1 Like

Isn’t he fighting way out of his weight class because he schools everyone his size?

Bivol dwarfed Canelo. In MMA terms, it looked like a MW vs a WW/LW

2 Likes

I take into account everything not just mass

Yeah I would imagine the height was a big problem.

It looked like Canelo was much smaller, and boxing styles, Canelo had nothing for him, Bivol could win 10 out of 10

2 Likes

Something isn’t 100% something else if you include a subtractive statement such as “without”. That’s proof they’re not the same, which negates 100% the same being possible.

2 Likes

2 losses now

Nick Diaz reigns supreme as GOAT Mexican fighter

6FDaeGp

Followed by Gilbert Melendez

I think you are onto something here. I also think it played a big part in David Haye’s disastrous comeback after he turned Vegan.

1 Like

I believe it’s fighting, and that these guys are fighters. They sacrifice everything and dedicate themselves to the art of boxing for a lot of their lives, just like any other fighter. They may not be using literally every human limb but that doesn’t mean they aren’t fighting. MMA and Boxing can coexist and both be “fighting” sports.

If you saw two random dudes going at it on the street but they only threw punches, you would go home and tell your wife “these two dudes were fighting outside the store”. You wouldn’t say they were “boxing” or “competing in a match”. Many people have died from the damage they took in boxing, and many others still living as complete zombies. It’s hard for me to say getting punched in the face for a living and possibly dying from it isn’t fighting.

[quote=“MasterofMartialArts, post:421, topic:3696990, full:true”]

I didn’t say it’s not fighting.

It’s just not 100% fighting, as even The_Lion_King admitted in his contradictory post. Even MMA isn’t 100% fighting, as there are rules. MMA is certainly far closer to a real fight than boxing is, though.

For something to be 100% fighting, at the very least there mustn’t be limits to allowed techniques. It’s easy to prove by contradiction, since there are forms of fighting outside of boxing where techniques that are considered fighting are allowed.

[quote=“Ministry_of_Truth, post:422, topic:3696990, full:true”]

I misunderstood your post. Yeah by those rules there is no sanctioned “fighting”. Agreed on all counts.

[quote=“MasterofMartialArts, post:423, topic:3696990”]

Fair. I realized it could be misunderstood. I’ve edited my response to make it even more clear.

High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

1 Like

No way in hell can he be even mentioned with the greatest of all time. I’d be hard pressed to call him the greatest Mexican fighter. He was the benefit of A LOT of generous judges. Didnt one judge have the fight with Floyd as a draw? Trout, Lara, GGG fights, Canelo always gets the benefit. He is too slow on his feet and can be and has been outboxed on many occasions. He is very good and a dedicated champion. But all time ? No way

2 Likes

Canelo isn’t going to cruiser or heavyweight now, lol. There’s not enough horse meat in Mexico to transform that short little guy into a viable boxer at those weight classes.

He chose Bivol because he’s pillow-fisted and not a huge risk. The judges were also paid to gift him 5 rounds. He chose Kovalev because he was old and washed.

You won’t see him facing any real threats. His last real threat was an aging GGG, which he clearly lost to the first time and arguably lost to the second time.

1 Like

Synthetic protein and plant protein don’t absorb well and are trash for building muscle.

Meat provides the best protein to repair muscles and tissues. EVERY bodybuilding pro and strongman competitor eats real food (meat) to get their protein.

Here is a list of vegan athletes that got crushed when they went vegan.

This shows that Canelo is surrounded by YES men and if he continues this vegan nonsense he will get crushed by GGG/Bivol in a rematch. He also got tired in the Bivol match that no one seems to mention. I suspect he got injured in training (vegan diet + muscle recovery) and couldn’t get his cardio up to level but thats just a conspiracy theory on my end.

2 Likes

Agreed (also thanks for the link), I also feel the animal fats from meat continue to be underestimated as well for the benefits they bring.

So basically meat,

-Is absorbed better
-Is a complete protein
-Contains Vitamin b12

It was shocking how David Haye kept getting injured all the time during training and in the fights themselves after he turned Vegan.

I think you could be right about your ‘‘conspiracy theory’’ regarding Canelo.

I agree and first learnt about all this from Dr Paul Saladino. It was quite eye opening.

Though I have heard that some anti-nutrients ( in low doses) are actually good for the gut in some way.

Can’t remember how or why, but definitely remember it being said somewhere.

Definitely true which is why I only eat organic vegetables to reduce pesticides exposure.

Trouble with non-organic meat is that they are fed all these GMO grains which are covered in Glyphosate. That’s why I try to get most of my organic meat from a local farm who only feed their Cows on grass.

3 Likes

I actually think this loss to Bivol further adds to his legacy if he avenges it.

Canelo has won 20 world title fights across 4 weight classes and beaten 16 world champions

He’s on trajectory to having more wins over world champs than anyone in history and if he fights until he’s 40 he’ll have more world title wins than anyone in history.

With the addition of the bridgerweight division he could also be a 7 division champ

GOAT status isn’t guaranteed but it’s definitely a possibility

We will see

1 Like