Will Costa’s massive size and strength advantage be too much for Whittaker?

They actually look closer in size than I thought. A lot of people predicting a Costa by ko. Rob should win by decision

4 Likes

DraftKings has Whitaker as the favorite. Not sure Costa will have enough secret juice for this fight.

1 Like

I would pick Whittaker all day but he looked like shit and aged out against DDP. If he got old overnight Costa may lay him out.

It all depends on why Whittaker looked so shit against DDP… Rob declining or just an off night.

8 Likes

Sounds like the kangaroo should be the favorite verse the whole card. Maybe get a kangaroo to fight in the main event for UFC 300…

Agree’d. Is DDP THAT good, did Whittaker have ring rust? Or is he old? Im trying to remember the Whittaker/Vettori fight?

3 Likes

This fight is meaningless in 2024

The ufc is great at keeping guys significant who have aged out of being the actual top guys.

If Costa beats the shit out of Whittaker id watch Costa vs Strickland, DDP or Chimaev

6 Likes

Don’t worry homey, he run through Bobby.

Bobby has lost to 4 ppl in the UFC

A junkie - Court McGhee
A karate kid - Wonderboy
Grace Jones - Adesanya
A real African -DDP

But I see bobby losing to Borrachina

Costa will win if he can catch him before fatigue sets in. Robert’s path to victory is to tire Costa out and try to get a late stoppage or UD. I think coming off the KO to DDP, Robert gets on his bike and stays out of range for the majority of this fight

2 Likes
2 Likes

Whittaker isn’t even close to what he was. If Costa loses this, it shows he’s never going to the top.

Take away the previous success and the name, and Whittaker isn’t even close to a top fighter anymore.

3 Likes

Nobody is 100% after they fight Yoel, look at the list…(example Rockhold)

3 Likes

Last time Paolo looked like a future Champ was in Anaheim against Romero…

Where’s the fight at Saturday?

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

That combined with a lot of long drawn out fights because he doesn’t have a ton of power or submission game. He hasn’t finished anybody in 7 years. The issue with that is, he has to put on a perfect fight to not get clipped, and these days he is starting to get clipped more and more.

They both went through the Romero blender, Whittaker twice, this fight will say a lot more about where Costa is at than it will about Whittaker.

I actually think both are on the slide, but Whittaker is more noticeable

4 Likes

It’s funny, he’s bjj BB , but hasn’t even gone for 1 submission in ANY of his UFC fights

3 Likes

IMO Yoel won most of those fights, folks refuse to engage and point fight him

They can be draws as well…but they really aren’t losses

Nobody has really beaten Yoel since Calvacante

6 Likes

I totally agree with that.
He definitely deserved the majority of those decisions he “lost”

3 Likes