Will Rickson ever release the Yoji Anjo video

Why is it still such a secret?

I have spoke with one person who saw the video (Gordon Hester) so it does exist per what he saw.

Would it hold up to today’s entertainment standards?

Do people still care to see it?

No. The mystery of the fight is what added to Rickson’s invincible aura.

As many fights as we have all seen by now it could only appear underwhelming.

Better to keep the mystery.

Not a knock probably just a fact of life.

Look at the beach fight with Hugo Duarte did anything seem magical ?

Remember when getting to see the In Action tapes was like opening s. Can of secret sauce ?

Those days have passed we have all seen too many NHB fights.

3 Likes

rickson was on rogan 2 years ago saying its time to release the tape...

ranier wolfcastle -

Wasn’t there some BS fundraising or money making catch to it ?

ranier wolfcastle -

He also admitted he’d lost a match then tried to talk his way out of it. His legend is 10X bigger than the man could ever be at this point.

williepep - As many fights as we have all seen by now it could only appear underwhelming.

Better to keep the mystery.

Not a knock probably just a fact of life.

Look at the beach fight with Hugo Duarte did anything seem magical ?

Remember when getting to see the In Action tapes was like opening s. Can of secret sauce ?

Those days have passed we have all seen too many NHB fights.

1. Thank you for using NHB. It brings back memories

2. The In Actions even today cause some to say “It was like a sleeping bomb went off”

3. The add/cover of I think In Action 2 was a bit odd when looking back

BJTT-BigDaddy -
ranier wolfcastle -

He also admitted he’d lost a match then tried to talk his way out of it. His legend is 10X bigger than the man could ever be at this point.

399- 1

Not impressed 

1 Like

no

Someone here said they watched the fight and rickson didn't beat the guy, he taught him a lesson. If the video shows rickson beating a beat man, the video would not represent him well. True hardcore mma fans won't care, but others will lose respect for him. Just a theory

1 Like

Nope.

But I don't think it's really all that interesting to watch. Rickson took him down beat him up and subbed him. Rickson wasn't damaged at all. 

Gordon Hester can elaborate if he sees this post. 

I'd watch

Kron and others have been on him to release it, but lets be honest.  Just like his federation held promise, his promise on releasing it is something I wouldn't give credence to.

kungfugrip -

Someone here said they watched the fight and rickson didn't beat the guy, he taught him a lesson. If the video shows rickson beating a beat man, the video would not represent him well. True hardcore mma fans won't care, but others will lose respect for him. Just a theory

Yeah it sounds like it was pretty brutal, something like Rickson taped his hands up with with duct tape to beat the shit outta him more

The general public would fucking crucify him over it 

I bet Rickson could make a lot of money off of this video. Every MMA fan in the world would want to watch it. He could give some of the proceeds to Yoji Anjoh, since Anjoh is the one that got beat up, and since Anjoh had the guts to show up and make the challenge.

Guys he doesn't have time to release the tape and surf all day. Sheesh.

shaqitup - 
ranier wolfcastle -

Wasn’t there some BS fundraising or money making catch to it ?

Yeah I remember he was trying to get people to sign up for something and if it passed X amount of registrations, he would release the tape.

(that’s what my hazy memory tells me, anyway)

Don't think it will be released. Not sure the legalities but it's got to be border line releasing a video of you torturing somebody :-D

Anjo was a pro wrestler, Rickson decided to intentionally take it too far. Shit happens, but probobly best to keep the tape to yourself 

moogin83 - 

Don't think it will be released. Not sure the legalities but it's got to be border line releasing a video of you torturing somebody :-D

Anjo was a pro wrestler, Rickson decided to intentionally take it too far. Shit happens, but probobly best to keep the tape to yourself 

Nah. He didn't take it too far. Anjo walked out. Rickson could've snapped his arms in half. 

Anjo came to RIckson's gym with a film crew to challenge him. He even signed a waiver.

It can be released. 

1 Like

I believe it was never released, as others have mentioned, because it was brutal and not a good look PR-wise. It’s possible that Rickson could have gotten in legal trouble for beating Anjo after he had already given up. And to this day I think that’s why he doesn’t release it, because it’s savage and possibly criminal and not a good look. After all these years I’d pay $100 to watch it and $100 to watch Tito vs Lee on TFSoL.

1 Like