Will Rizin 40 FITE broadcast feature the Bellator fights?

Rizin 40 is listed as a 7 fight card at tapology and the Bellator vs Rizin Showtime card being broadcast the next day via tape delay is listed as a different event. A Fite.tv the RIZIN English Language PPV is listed as the same 7 fights as the RIZIN card at tapology. I don’t think that is accurate.

However Rizin 40 is being promoted by Rizin as containing the Bellator vs Rizin fights of course.

The Rizin PPV starts at midnight so I assume first fight will be at 1 am like normal. I’m gonna assume the PPV will feature the Bellator fights as well. Its just weird FITE has the card up as a seven fight event while RIZIN is promoting the Bellator vs RIZIN fights as you would expect.

I think its just an oversight by FITE listing the event with the 7 fights like tapology and excluding the Bellator fights.

ONE was supposed to do a NYE show last year but it was canceled for some reason. I don’t believe they have ever done one and don’t have one booked for this year.

Even as recently as a few years ago UFC would do a big PPV on Dec 28th or 29th and then of course was the RIZIN NYE show is available in the US on the 30th.

UFC got away from doing that for whatever reason. Personally because of the history with Inoki, PRIDE, K1, DREAM etc… I love big MMA shows between Christmas and New Years as a tradition.

2 Likes

nothing like the old k1 / pride nye shows

i did not properly appreciate those. thought they would go on forever

2 Likes

Pride NYE was the shit.

4 Likes

Even UFC used to do big NYE cards, I think Jon Jones ruined it

I’ve been trying to figure this out today honestly

I watch normal Bellator cards on the paramount plus app. I have Showtime through it

I’ve never watched a Rizin before. But I went to watch this Event. I have no clue how

I knew shit was changing back then, but I didn’t realize just how much it would change for the worse.

Wish we still had Pride/K1/Inoki in the market. RIZIN just isn’t the same. It’s not bad. Don’t get me wrong. Just not the same.

2 Likes

All you have to do is sign up at www.fite.tv and buy the event for $14.99. The event starts at 12 am (pre-show) and fights start at 1 am ET. If you can’t stay up and watch it all night the nice thing about fite is that instant replays of events are available right away so if you buy the event and want to watch it the next day or whenever its easy to do. You also have lifetime access to any RIZIN event you buy through fite.

Of course there are other ways to watch these things but buying NYE shows for $15 at fite is easy and the stream quality is great and guaranteed to work unlike other ways people watch things.

3 Likes

For sure it is not the same at all. I watch the NYE shows mainly out of tradition. Even with that, I didn’t watch the past couple besides some replay clips the next day because I was not happy with the cards and didn’t feel like doing it.

I think a few years ago when Horiguchi won the BW GP was really the last time I was really happy about what the NYE card was and that by RIZIN standards, its not like I was comparing it to PRIDE/DREAM etc…

That being said I am looking forward to watching this card and the McKee, Pitbull and Horiguchi fights especially.

Nice. Yeah there’s no way I can stay up that late to watch but that’s cool you can watch it the next morning

That’s probably what I’ll end up doing. Thanks

MMA Junkie had AJ McKee on their last podcast episode and he was talking about it. Seems like a cool crossover promotion

1 Like

Relative to this statement, what’s your take on ONE? I think they’re promising with respect to filling the hole that PRIDE left. I was super disappointed they replaced crazy screaming lady Lenne Hardt though. She’s a “one and only”.

1 Like

Here is the bout order from RIZIN’s site.

RIZIN.40 - Saitama Super Arena, December 31st

Roberto Satoshi Souza vs AJ McKee [71kg - RIZIN MMA rules]
Kleber Koike vs Patricio Pitbull [66kg - RIZIN MMA rules]
Soo Chul Kim vs Juan Archuleta [61kg - RIZIN MMA rules]
Hiromasa Ougikubo vs Kyoji Horiguchi [57kg - RIZIN MMA rules]
Koji Takeda vs Gadzi Rabadanov [71kg - RIZIN MMA rules]
Seika Izawa vs Si Woo Park [49kg - RIZIN MMA rules]
Tsuyoshi Sudario vs Junior Tafa [120kg - RIZIN MMA rules]
Johnny Case vs Luiz Gustavo [71kg - RIZIN MMA rules]
Beynoah vs Patrick Usami [66kg - RIZIN MMA rules]
Naoki Inoue vs Kenta Takizawa [61kg - RIZIN MMA rules]
Yuki Motoya vs Rogerio Bontorin [61kg - RIZIN MMA rules]
Hideo Tokoro vs John Dodson [61kg - RIZIN MMA rules]

1 Like

Now here is the bout order from the fite.tv site. Only showing the 7 fights excluding the Bellator fights and they say Izawa vs Si Woo Park is the main event. They do this and at the same time use the RIZIN 40 poster that featured the Bellator fighters and also in the event description say “the fight card has well over 7 matches”.

In the past like when Patricky and Horiguchi fought in RIZIN the English fite.tv PPV featured the Bellator fighters fight even though it was also tape delay broadcast on Spike the next day. The way fite.tv is saying Izawa vs Park is the main event makes me concerned this broadcast will geoblock the Bellator vs RIZIN fights if you purchase the event in the US. Like I said, they didn’t do that in the past when Bellator tape delayed portions of the show but its possible this could happen. Why else would they not feature the actual card with Bellator fighters and show it as a 7 fight card?

Don’t want to buy and then get blocked from watching the full card.

Curious the UG’s thoughts on if this PPV will or will not feature the Bellator fights if buying in the US as it don’t look like it but they have never not aired the full RIZIN events in the past.

Fight Card

Seika Izawa 7 Si Woo Park

Tsuyoshi Sudario 6 Junior Tafa
“Sudario Takanofuji”

Naoki Inoue 5 Kenta Takizawa

Yuki Motoya 4 Rogério Bontorin

Luiz Gustavo 3 Johnny Case
“KILLER”

Hideo Tokoro 2 John Dodson
“The Magician”

Beynoah 1 Sho Patrick Usami
“Blackpanther”
1 Like

Ok, I can’t edit the OP but I would if I could. Per the thread link posted above, people are saying Showtime has exclusive rights to broadcast the Bellator fights outside of Japan so the fite.tv PPV is just for the 7 RIZIN fights. There will be no legal way to watch the full card live from the US. There is no way I’m buying the 7 fight card. Not happening.

#1 bullshit.

Leave it to Showtime to fuck up the JMMA NYE tradition.

Lick my nuts Showtime, nobody is gonna watch your broadcast, you are dying.

1 Like

That sucks that you can’t just buy the event and Watch the entire card. I have showtime though so I’ll be able to watch the next morning

1 Like