WMMA Discussion Thread

Hello :)

I would like to start a thread where those of us interested can discuss Women's Mixed Martial Arts as well as show appreciation. I know the Underground Forum is very very influential when it comes to Martial Arts so I am hoping this thread will show the UFC, Invicta and other promotions  who have representatives  here that we have an interest in WMMA and would love to see more WMMA on fight cards. Pardon me if this thread has been done before and Mods,  please feel free to delete or move the thread if that is the case. I hope this will also encourage the female fighters who have accounts and lurk here to join in, say hello and be part of the UG.  I would also like to  encourage discussion on female fighters who are not mentioned here often :)

I will try and update daily but please feel free to join in :)

Please find below links to other recent WMMA specific threads

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2445753/Rousey-Cris-Cyborg-has-two-years-to-make-weight/?pc=189

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2446888/Miesha-Tate-not-scared-to-fight-Cyborg-at-140/?&page=1

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2445325/WMMA-RumorsJAG-done-with-WSOFToughill-2-Invicta/?&page=1

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2445638/When-is-Rose-Namajunas-fighting-again/?&page=1

Miriam Nakamato noted on her Instagram that she is back to cutting for 135 again. Miriam mentioned  that she was gifted tickets to UFC 184 by Sean Shelby so no idea yet if she is still with Invicta or if she signed with the UFC. For those who do not know Miriam or remember, this is her below- she is also a MT champion. Defending her MT belts is one of the reasons Miriam gave for not signing with the UFC when they initially approached her.  In my opinon she puts the 135 UFC division on notice if she is indeed signed

J

Jessamyn Duke recently mentioned on her Twitter that she might be interested in a fight with Elizabeth Phillips. Elizabeth lost to Jessamyn as an amatuer and is currently on a loss like Jessamyn, Not sure about this fight. I would have preferred to see Jessamyn fight someone with a similar style but this is all speculation, nothing has been signed yet

Jessica Aguilar confirmed yesterday that she has been granted a release by WSOF- JAG also mentioned that although she wants to fight in the UFC, she has not had any communication with them yet. What say you?

UFC 187 this weekend, Rose Namajunas faces Nina Ansaroff

Rose

Nina

Miesha Tate and Holly Holm  will be starring in a movie scheduled for release in October with rumored cameo's by Lennex Lewis and Cris Cyborg- Good stuff!

24 yr old female Windsor Coro, attends a funeral of her dead sister TORY CORO, who was killed in a underground fight club match. Feeling responsible for her sisters death, by denying her a loan to better her life, she moves back home to her father to investigate and live in her sisters footsteps. She soon finds out her sister got involved in the underground world of fighting and b-sexuality.Rumor has it she died at Fight Valley. A club no one speaks about. The only way to get in is to get an invite. The only way to get an invite is to make a name for yourself on the streets and create problems. Problems big enough that people will pay to see your fight. She has one mission. Earn the invite to the secret fight club and find the girl that killed her sister. Only problem is, she doesn't know how to fight. Until street fighter "JABS", (Miesha Tate) who lives in a small room above her rustic starving boxing gym takes her under her wing and trains her. What Windsor doesn't know is....Jabs has a secret herself.

Hello..

Great start to thread

RickStorm - 

Hello..

Great start to thread

Thanks Rick :)

I want to see more female bantamweight fights booked Phone Post 3.0

pegson123 - I want to see more female bantamweight fights booked Phone Post 3.0

Pegson123, 

I 100% agree with you. In my opinion, there was no reason for Kaufmann vs Davis 3. I have mentioned that I appreciate that both fighters need to "eat" but there are 25+(I think) female BW's on the UFC roster,  enough for a WMMA fight on every UFC card and for them to not fight each other again

Hello Sunkist!

Carry on.

Carson's Corner radio show - 

For historical reasons we need Rin Nakai vs. Jessamyn as a fight. Why wouldn't they make that? It's like Semmy Schilt vs. Akira Shoji, if Shoji was in the same weight division.

Carson's Corner radio show, 

As the saying goes "Styles makes fights" and in my opinon, that wouldnt be a good match up

StrikingMMA - Hello Sunkist!

Carry on.

Haha! Hello StrikingMMA!

Hope all is well with you :)

Sunkist1207 -

Pegson123, 

I 100% agree with you. In my opinion, there was no reason for Kaufmann vs Davis 3. I have mentioned that I appreciate that both fighters need to "eat" but there are 25+(I think) female BW's on the UFC roster,  enough for a WMMA fight on every UFC card and for them to not fight each other again

I won't complain about a fight booked.

You would think ufc would be booking more female bantamweight fights to create my names for Rousey to cash in on while she is still fighting b Phone Post 3.0

pegson123 - 
Sunkist1207 -

Pegson123, 

I won't complain about a fight booked.

You would think ufc would be booking more female bantamweight fights to create my names for Rousey to cash in on while she is still fighting b Phone Post 3.0

Pegson123, 

I say this with respect, I don't think the UFC know what to do with the womens divisions. I think they need to hire a matchmaker, probably a female fighter who has been around, knows the fighters and will be dedicated to developing the divisions. I personally think either Miesha or Shayna would be good for that role. 

Carson's Corner radio show - 

I like Miesha a lot, so I have mixed feelings on the fact that we all have to call her "JABS" from now on. JABS TATE sounds a bit like something you get at the doctor over the age of 40.

Haha Carson's!

Tara Larosa fought Katie Howard on May 15th for FFL-Epic Evolution and won via decision. Great to see one of the pioneers of WMMA still in the game

Upcoming Seminars

Recent Invicat signings

Claudia Rey - 6-0 125lbs

Hannah Rogers 0-0 pro 3-0 Amateur 145lbs

Marina Shafir 1-1 145lbs

Laura Howarth 2-1 135lbs

Janaisa Morandin 7-0 105lbs

Catherine Costigan 5-0 105lbs

Pannie “Banzai” Kianzad 7-0 135lbs

A thread where the fighters value isn't determined by her looks?! What an absurd notion, count me in!

Huge fan of the straw weights. There is so many uber talented girls that scrap hard. And it makes me happy. I would pay good money to watch Rose fight grasso, or a rose PVZ fight. So many savage strikers in the top of that division. Phone Post 3.0

Thank you BJTT_Rinickulous

I didnt know Cheick Kongo was managing fighters. One of his fighters recently signed to Bellator- Good stuff

2-0 145lbs

It's official, I just signed my contract for , June 26th. Many thanks to my manager

Excited to hear about Miriam Nakamato.  I love the way she fights.  I'd have her do one more fight in Invicta before calling her up.  She's been out a long time and her first fight back shouldn't be in the octagon.

Thank you DalyDDentedDecimated"sDome

Hello @Commonsense517, 

I agree with you about Miriam. 

More fighters signed up to be in the Fight Valley Movie. Also details on current fighter roles

Boxer Heather "The Heat" Hardy

Character name: Sammy
SAMMY only fights from time to time in FIGHT VALLEY, usually when she has a few bills to pay. She's undefeated, but she has yet to face Church. Some say she is scared, but Sammy says she has no interest in being the champion. She doesnt want the continuous responsibility of defending the tilte. She clearly is noit afraid of Church. SAMMY used to train with JABS and spends her days with a few girlfriends just hanging around the local diner at night.  Windsor Coro quickly learns the meaning of a street fight  when she comes face to face with SAMMY.

Boxers amanda and Cindy Serrano

Character name: Vivian and Sidney

Vivian and Sidney are called the "Seagulls" of Fight Valley.  They are two tough sisters who perch themselves on the street corner waiting for the "fresh meat" to walk by. They prey on tourists and newcomers. They make their living by fighting as a duo and taking whatever money they can from the victim. When Stakes and Gamble are slow on booking them fights, they have to do what they can to make ends meet.   Windsor quickly learns that you can't walk around FIGHT VALLEY alone with the Seagull Sisters are on the prowl. Real Name: The Serrano Sisters - Amanda & Cindy

Character name: Mia (Meeya) 

Mia is a long time FIGHT VALLEY resident and another friend of Church & Gracey's.  She isn't so active in the FIGHT VALLEY circuit anymore but she still grabs a fight once a month or so for extra cash on the side. Mia hangs out with Gracey for the most part and can also be found with the younger girls around the neighborhood. They look up to Mia with respect as one of the veteran fighters from FIGHT VALLEY.  If your'e new in town, Gracey and Mia will surely be the first to make sure you are uncomfortable, and put you to the test. 

Character name: Kelly "Bricks" Picken 
Kelly was ranked one of the top 5 contenders in FIGHT VALLEY years ago until JABS stepped into the scene.  Kelly was responsible for the death of JABS cousin.  Her cousin suffered from seizures from a fight with Kelly "Bricks" and eventually ended up dying. When JABS went to Stakes and Gamble to book the fight, Kelly finds herself clinging to life when JABS (Miesha Tate) faces her in FIGHT VALLEY.

Character name: Payton Walsh

Payton Walsh is the current mainstream champion in FIGHT VALLEY . When JABS (Miesha Tate) decides she is done with fighting on the street, she opens a gym and tries to fight in the main stream circuit. She comes up against the champion Payton Walsh (HOLLY HOLM) and lets just say, the fight doesn't go the way JABS had predicted. Things get a little out of control when JABS is forced to try and fight by the rules. Payton Walsh is the first one ever to show JABS a REAL fight. 

IN NEGOTIATION
 Character name: Church
Everything about her spells danger. Church is the champion of FIGHT VALLEY after JABS retired from street fighting.  Noone dares to speak her name in vein. It will get back to her, and they will pay...dearly. FIGHT VALLEY bookees Stakes and Gamble make a fortune off of her fights. When CHURCH is in the room, people adjust their attitudes really fast. They don't want to be her next opponent. If your going to fight in FIGHT VALLEY, you can only go so far up the rank until its time to go to CHURCH, and they better get on their hands and kneeds and PRAY they leave the ring alive. 

For anyone interested in being in the movie
When does production begin? End?
We plan to begin principal photography on or about July 1st 2015. Our last scheduled day of filming should be approx September 10th 2015.
Can I attend filming?
We have alot of scenes that involve crowds. If you are interested in attending as a background actor, you need to submit a request to cinemaddictfilms@gmail.com. You must be over the age of 18 and sign a release form.  For insurance purposes we do not entertain individuals to be on set without being involved with the production.