WMMA Discussion Thread

Character Name: JABS
"Jabs" is the most feared and respected woman around Fight Valley. Facing financial struggles in her past, she had  turned to the illegal fight club scene to earn enough money to survive. She quit fighting illegally 3 years ago and earning an honest living at her fathers old rustic gym. Her father was a great boxer and trained Jabs on their farm.  Jabs began fighting on the street at just the early age of 8 . Now, years later, she finds herself training Windsor Coro and once again, finds herself back to the ol' industrial park known as FIGHT VALLEY, to get revenge on the girl who killed Windsor's sister.
MIESHA TATE

Pannie “Banzai” Kianzad is gonna be a star! I wanna see her and Aldana scrap Phone Post 3.0

Rumored for Invicta13?

I personally think it will  be Tonya but I cant decide on her oppponent because Irena and Raquel both looked really good. 

New Interview by Faith Van Duin...Interesting that she doesnt once refer to Cris Cyborg by name

Following her impressive submission victory over Amanda Bell at Invicta FC 12 on April 24, 2015 there was much speculation as to whether Faith Van Duin would be fighting for the Featherweight title, currently held by the highly regarded Christiane “Cyborg” Justino. Some outlets said that it was a certainty whilst others said it was only a possibility. I decided to go straight to the source herself where we discussed everything from the potential title fight to the pride she has representing her home country of New Zealand.
Ethan Mudford: Hi there Faith, thanks so much for speaking with me today. First things first, Some media outlets are saying that you’re booked to fight for the Invicta Featherweight title and some are saying that it’s just a rumour. Can you let us know whether it’s official or not?
Faith Van Duin: Sure. At the Invicta 12 press conference I mentioned to Shannon Knapp (Invicta FC President) that come July I want to take a title back to New Zealand and she asked “Is that what you really want?” I said “Yes please.” Someone then asked Shannon the question again and she said “If that’s what Faith wants. She seems to be the next in line and not many people are putting their hand up so I don’t see why she cant have the fight.” The fight is not confirmed yet but I’m training like it is and waiting for the call.
E.M: Well it does make sense considering your recent win and especially if Shannon said that.
Will you be doing anything different for this training camp, provided you get the fight you’re after? Training with different people/coaches etc, working on certain aspects of the fight more in depth?
F.V.D: This training camp I’m stepping it up 10 fold as this opportunity doesn’t come around often. I am going to go above and beyond what I have ever done and make sure that I don’t leave any stone unturned so I can be confident in my mind, body and soul that I have done the best I could do come fight night.
E.M: That’s awesome to hear. Will you be doing all your training in New Zealand or will you be traveling elsewhere?
F.V.D: Staying in New Zealand as I need to work and look after my girls. Plus all my support is here.
E.M: Let’s go back in time a little bit. How did you first get into MMA? Was it always your intention to eventually get in the cage?
F.V.D: I always had gym memberships but never used them or committed to it and as my daughter’s got older and I was getting bigger I told myself I had to do something to show my daughters that there’s more to life then sitting around and getting big. I had a friend who talked about MMA and it sounded really interesting as I had never watched it or heard of it. After I looked it up and looked at places to train, I decided that I wanted to give it a go but make goals and stick to them no matter what. From day one before I even had my first training I wanted to be world champion and beat Ronda Rousey. I just wanted to show my daughter’s that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
E.M: I was actually going to bring up Ronda. With no women’s Featherweight division in the UFC, do you know if you’re able to make the 135 pound limit if they ever came calling?
F.V.D: Ronda is one of my goals so yes I will make 135 pounds. I have a feeling after I become Featherweight world champion the UFC will come calling.
E.M: Beating a name like Cyborg would be huge news in women’s MMA so I’m sure you would be on Dana White’s (UFC President) radar. Is there anybody you look up to in the sport? Or other sports?
F.V.D: I look up to other people’s fighting styles Like Trevor Salang my old Muay Thai trainer and Israel Adesanya. I love their skills and composure as well as their speed, power, movements, I just love watching them.
E.M: Yeah Israel seems to be making a name for himself which is great. Do you foresee MMA being more mainstream in New Zealand in the near future with the likes of yourself and others gaining exposure in the sport?
F.V.D: It’s definitely growing since I started 3 years ago and honestly I don’t know how it’s going to be in the future, I just hope we get seen as serious athletes and not looked over.
E.M: Yeah same here, the amount of training and dedication that you guys put in shouldn’t be overlooked. That’s all I’ve got for now Faith, thank you so much for your time, I really appreciate it.
F.V.D: Thank you so much for taking the time to talk with me, every bit helps.

The potential fight between Cyborg and Van Duin will take place at Invicta FC 13 on July 10, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. It will be the first of 3 MMA events over the weekend for International fight week, followed by UFC 189: Aldo vs McGregor and The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale, respectively

http://mmalatestnews.com/exclusive-interview-with-invictas-faith-van-duin/

Thanks for the info and updates, Sunkist.

I would like to see Invicta put together a good PPV. I don't think they are reaching a wide enough audience on Fight Pass.

Maybe they can do a big Invicta card on FS1 or something.

I want Aldana vs. Pannie Phone Post 3.0

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 
StrikingMMA - Thanks for the info and updates, Sunkist.

I would like to see Invicta put together a good PPV. I don't think they are reaching a wide enough audience on Fight Pass.

you're right the leadership of Invicta  is holding back what should be WMMA's premier league by not "getting it out there" enough.  Shannon is always saying that the relationship w UFC is great, that "we're as strong as ever" but when their arenas are sparsely attended, and the fighters are getting paid measyl dollars - it's obviously plain that much more can be done.  Shannon i think is good at making the fighters feel at home and having everything ready  and prepared for them.  So she's a good organizer.  But i do not think for a minute that she has good marketing skills.  There should be strong pushes for ticket sales in each city, but i've heard nothing of the sort.

How much of my $10 of fight pass per month goes to invicta?

And can their girls really bring their careers to the next level if they make a few thousand a year?  Can they get better training and nutrition for what they make there?  Probably not.

Thank you for contributing Gentlemen :)

I recall an interview that Shannon did and she said something along the lines of Invicta have a distribution deal with the UFC and they will help them get on other platforms. It would be intresting to know what kind of marketing model Invicta are following because they should have already announced the fight card for Invicta 13 and started marketing it off the back of the UFC event. In my opinion, that is where some of the problems stem from. 

DalyDentedDecimated'sDom- How much of my $10 of fight pass per month goes to invicta?

UFC fight pass offer a 7 day free trial so I am sure many people new to Invicta will more than likely be using that so that will definately put a dent in the actual fight pass subscriptions. 

With all due respect, if Invicta were a stand alone company, in my opinion, they could probably work out a better deal with Bellator or Spike and be on TV but in my humble opinon, the UFC have a much bigger stake in Invicta  than either party cares to make public knowledge which is fine but I am not sure if that relationship is a gift or a curse at this point. 

Ray Elbe - I want Aldana vs. Pannie Phone Post 3.0

Ray, 

That will be a great fight but for some reason, I think Aldana gets into the UFC before that fight happens. Another member here suggested that Grasso and Aldana sort of come as a package deal and we know that Dana is very interested in Alexa Grasso. I guess we will see how this all plays out

Godmachine - 
StrikingMMA - Thanks for the info and updates, Sunkist.

<br />
    <p>
        <span class="User-353052" id="userPost53506696"><span class="User-345566" id="userPost53505053">you're right the leadership of Invicta &nbsp;is holding back what should be WMMA's premier league by not &quot;getting it out there&quot; enough. &nbsp;Shannon is always saying that the relationship w UFC is great, that &quot;we're as strong as ever&quot; but when their arenas are sparsely attended, and the fighters are getting paid measyl dollars - it's obviously plain that much more can be done. &nbsp;Shannon i think is good at making the fighters feel at home and having everything ready &nbsp;and prepared for them. &nbsp;So she's a good organizer. &nbsp;But i do not think for a minute that she has good marketing skills. &nbsp;There should be strong pushes for ticket sales in each city, but i've heard nothing of the sort.</span></span></p>
    <p>
        <span class="User-353052" id="userPost53506696"><span class="User-345566" id="userPost53505053">How much of my $10 of fight pass per month goes to invicta?</span></span></p>
    <p>
        <span class="User-353052" id="userPost53506696"><span class="User-345566" id="userPost53505053">And can their girls really bring their careers to the next level if they make a few thousand a year? &nbsp;Can they get better training and nutrition for what they make there? &nbsp;Probably not.</span></span></p>
</blockquote>
<br />
<span class="User-353052" id="userPost53506696">This is very true. The low payout for 99.99% of fighters in Invicta is appalling. Here is the payout for Invicta FC11. As you can see, Ms. Cyborg was paid $90,000 of the $134,000 total payroll. Ms. Tweet was paid $6000 to stand in front of Ms. Cyborg and get brutalized. It is no wonder why Ms. Cyborg cannot find quality opponents willing to fight and risk injury for such a meager sum.<br />
<br />
Cristiane Justino: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)<br />
Charmaine Tweet: $6,000<br />
<br />
Alexa Grasso: $5,000 (includes $2,500 win bonus)<br />
Mizuki Inoue: $2,000<br />
<br />
DeAnna Bennett: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus)<br />
Norma Rueda Center: $1,500<br />
<br />
Irene Aldana: $3,400 (includes $1,400 win bonus)<br />
Colleen Schneider: $3,000<br />
<br />
Jamie Moyle: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)<br />
J.J. Aldrich: $1,250<br />
<br />
Amy Cadwell Montenegro: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)<br />
Brianna Van Buren: $1,500<br />
<br />
Christine Stanley: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)<br />
Laura Salazar: $1,500<br />
<br />
Aspen Ladd: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)<br />
Ana Carolina Vidal: $1,500</span></blockquote>

GodMachine, 

Cris Cyborgs fight purse was paid by the UFC so realistically, she shouldnt even be added to your arguement. Not that I am justifying the fight purses but you have to remember that alot of the fighters are pretty new to the fight game (Aspen Ladd made her pro debut at Invicta.)or have yet to create a name for themselves to command a bigger fight purse. Some of the male fighters on Bellator make the same and this is were sponsorship money takes over. Either way, there should be a set standard for new pro fighters and it should be more than $1500

Godmachine - My point is valid. Invicta doesn't pay its fighters enough and thus, doesn't get the top level fighters. I wasn't making a point about Ms. Cyborg other than to add context and a comparison between the UFC and Invicta. My comment about Ms. Cyborg not having quality opponents is a direct reflection of what the top contender gets paid to fight her - $6000.

Godmachine, 

I agree that Invicta doesnt pay enough, whoever they are being finacially supported by must have a valid reason for that. Regarding Cyborgs opponents, some left to go to Bellator and others dropped down and with respect, the drop to 135  isnt working well. How can that be her fault? 

Hopefully good news coming soon from Justine Kish . Ive said several times that in my opinon, Justine is the dark horse in the SW division

Just dusted off my coaching equipment! DM to book a private session with me in NC b4 I depart for training camp!

@MieshaTate Hi Miesha I'm a HUGE fan and love your fights! I would LOVE to know who do you think punches harder, Cyborg or Rousey?

@natelee00 oh I think @criscyborg for sure

Recentish Invicta signing

Mellony Geugjes 115lbs 0-1 MMA 18-5-2 Kickboxing 10-0 Boxing

Ashley Greenway 0-0 SW

Laura Sanko 105lb 1-0  Debuted as a pro for Invicta in 2013, hasnt fought since. Now interviewing

Deanna Barnett 125lb  7-0

Deanna  is someone to keep an eye on. She is slowly building a nice little resume for herself. She beat Julianna Pena in 2013, 

Holly Holm vs. Marion Reneau is a potential bout for UFC Fight Night in San Diego on July 15. I like this fight.

Saddened - Holly Holm vs. Marion Reneau is a potential bout for UFC Fight Night in San Diego on July 15. I like this fight.

Saddened, 

Thank you for the update. Moras vs Andrade will also be in the same card. Good stuff!

Marion

Sarah

Jessica reminds me of a mini Cris Cyborg and a mini Wanderlei Silva in terms of her fighting stance

Saddened - Holly Holm vs. Marion Reneau is a potential bout for UFC Fight Night in San Diego on July 15. I like this fight.

I hope Reneau decimates holm.  Germaine Iron lady vs Holm is something i like too.

Holm and her Fresquez  manager with the strange accent made a little promotion ( "Fresquez promotions") in a windswept sun-blasted corner of Arizona or something, luring cans with crap records like Allana Jones (current record is like 2-7 or something...see picture) below to be brain blasted for a few thousand dollars in show money.  al this was to pad Holms record and make her more valuable for the eventual UFC shot.

Cans are useful for good fighters to pratice on, so i'm not sympathetic, but she seems to have ensured she fought no one with any danger until UFC. And even then her entrance was a pointfighting snoozer, as if it was an attack of Karma - all the souls of the cans coming back to haunt her.

DalyDenteddecimated'sDome

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome-hope Reneau decimates holm

I am inclined to agree that Reneau might win if she can take Holly down. I think she took second at IBFJJ for brown belt. Its interesting that Holly and Jessica Rackozy both came into the UFC with similar boxing records yet were both taken to a decision by Raquel Pennington in fights that should have gone in the favor, in my opinion of Pennington. I not surprised that Holm vs De Randemie is not the next match up because I assume the UFC are trying to build up Holly as a contender for the title.

Some of the ladies fighting in XFC

Polina Berthelo- 4-2 125lb still pretty young in her MMA career but I think she will be a problem when she gets more experience, she trains in Nova Uniao with Aldo and Barao. She is the current XFC flyweight tornoument champ

He last fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=25&v=Ppg9ebexcuI

Viviane Perreira 8-0 115. Alreay beat Polina above and Duda Yankavich who is signed to Invicta. This girl needs to be signed to Invicta ASAP

Pereira vs Yankovich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zfjt4cWdj8

Vanessa Guimeres 115 4-2 

Raquel is ready for both Aldana and Evinger, but it would be smart to see Invicta build her record a bit first. Phone Post 3.0

Ray Elbe - Raquel is ready for both Aldana and Evinger, but it would be smart to see Invicta build her record a bit first. Phone Post 3.0

Ray, 

In my opinion, it's a weird situation for Raquel and Irene. They are both 2-0 in Invicta so they either have to face each other to fight Tonya for the title or one has to sit out and wait. Both have shown they are worthy of a title shot but how that's going to happen, I have no idea

Any NJ/NY UGers going out to support?

Miesha Tate talks about her unhappiness with the Reebok deal

Popular UFC bantamweight Miesha Tate weighed in on the official Reebok numbers, and like Mousasi and other UFC stars, she states that she's about to lose a big chunk of what she made prior to the exclusive uniform deal.

"Honestly, I’m not that excited about the numbers," Tate said. "I’m taking a big loss on my sponsorship dollars, so I’m definitely going to be making nowhere near as much."

Apart from the actual dollar value, she also isn't a fan of the new tiering system based on the number of fights.

"I think it’s a little bit unfair for Women’s Mixed Martial Arts because we’ve barely been in the UFC very long," she states. "We don’t have the same number of fights as the guys do, because they wouldn’t let us in forever, you know?"

"The UFC has been around a long time, but Women’s MMA in the UFC has been there for a little over two years so it’s not fair," Tate continued. "There are guys like Clay Guidaand Cowboy Cerrone, they’ve been fighting for the UFC for a long time so they’re going to have more fights because they’re men and they’re allowed to fight in the UFC for a long time. The women have not had the same opportunity."

Please click to read the rest of the interviewhttp://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/21/8633261/miesha-tate-bryan-caraway-ufc-reebok-deal-mma-sponsorship

I appreciate and agree with what Miesha is saying but with all due respect,  I am somewhat bothered by her wanting to use the "is not fair to WMMA in th UFC" card. Miesha has fought 5 times in the UFC,  coached TUF and has had several opportunities to travel overseas to represent the UFC brand and promote fight cards. There are some female fighters who have fought less than Miesha and had less opportunities than Miesha has. With respect, I don't recall her saying any of that was unfair

Sunkist1207 -
Ray Elbe - Raquel is ready for both Aldana and Evinger, but it would be smart to see Invicta build her record a bit first. Phone Post 3.0

Ray, 

In my opinion, it's a weird situation for Raquel and Irene. They are both 2-0 in Invicta so they either have to face each other to fight Tonya for the title or one has to sit out and wait. Both have shown they are worthy of a title shot but how that's going to happen, I have no idea

What is this some kind of women's fight club? Phone Post 3.0

BRZ - 
Sunkist1207 -

Ray, 

What is this some kind of women's fight club? Phone Post 3.0

BRZ, 

The poster I posted is for a fight scene being filmed for an upcoming movie called Fight Valley. Please see page one of this thread for more infomation and names of other fighters cast to be in the movie