WMMA Discussion Thread

Sunkist1207 -
pegson123 - 
Sunkist1207 -
pegson123 - I want to see more female bantamweight fights booked Phone Post 3.0

Pegson123, 

I 100% agree with you. In my opinion, there was no reason for Kaufmann vs Davis 3. I have mentioned that I appreciate that both fighters need to "eat" but there are 25+(I think) female BW's on the UFC roster,  enough for a WMMA fight on every UFC card and for them to not fight each other again

I won't complain about a fight booked.

You would think ufc would be booking more female bantamweight fights to create my names for Rousey to cash in on while she is still fighting b Phone Post 3.0

Pegson123, 

I say this with respect, I don't think the UFC know what to do with the womens divisions. I think they need to hire a matchmaker, probably a female fighter who has been around, knows the fighters and will be dedicated to developing the divisions. I personally think either Miesha or Shayna would be good for that role. 

Good idea. I think Shayna gets too personally invested to be a match maker though. Julie Kedzie would be my choice Phone Post 3.0

Dreville79 - 
Sunkist1207 -
pegson123 - 
Sunkist1207 -

Pegson123, 

I 100% agree with you. In my opinion, there was no reason for Kaufmann vs Davis 3. I have mentioned that I appreciate that both fighters need to "eat" but there are 25+(I think) female BW's on the UFC roster,  enough for a WMMA fight on every UFC card and for them to not fight each other again

You would think ufc would be booking more female bantamweight fights to create my names for Rousey to cash in on while she is still fighting b Phone Post 3.0

Pegson123, 

I say this with respect, I don't think the UFC know what to do with the womens divisions. I think they need to hire a matchmaker, probably a female fighter who has been around, knows the fighters and will be dedicated to developing the divisions. I personally think either Miesha or Shayna would be good for that role. 

Good idea. I think Shayna gets too personally invested to be a match maker though. Julie Kedzie would be my choice Phone Post 3.0

Dreville79,

Julie Kedzie is currently the matchmaker for Invicta and I agree, if she wasnt, she would be my first choice for UFC WMMA matcmaker. In my opinion, other names if they were at the tail end of their careers,  Roxanne Moderferri and Marloes Coenen.

Sunkist1207 - 
Dreville79 - 
Sunkist1207 -
pegson123 - 
Sunkist1207 -

Pegson123, 

Pegson123, 

Dreville79,

Julie Kedzie is currently the matchmaker for Invicta and I agree, if she wasnt, she would be my first choice for UFC WMMA matcmaker. In my opinion, other names if they were at the tail end of their careers,  Roxanne Moderferri and Marloes Coenen.

What makes any of those you listed good at match making? Please list their qualifications.

The Mortician - 
Sunkist1207 - 
Dreville79 - 
Sunkist1207 -
pegson123 - 
Sunkist1207 -

Pegson123, 

Pegson123, 

Dreville79,

What makes any of those you listed good at match making? Please list their qualifications.

The Mortician, 

Joe Silva may not be a fighter but his training in MMA and knowledge & passion for the sport are more than likely the reasons why he is a matchmaker. If you read my post above I somewhat gave an indicaton as to what some requirements may be be for that role. I think the most important being someone who has actually fought or has a really good knowledge of the sport, whats to help WMMA grow, is respected by their peers and has been around long enough to know everyone while still plugged in to the current affairs of WMMA.

Do you have other suggestions?

OneFC or One Championship is holding an event tomorrow

Angela Lee 115 0-0 1-0 Amateur makes her pro debut vs     Aya Saied Saber   115lb 3-5

Angela

Aya

Other female fighters on the One roster

Ana Julation

WBO World Champion 2-1 125lbs

Irina Mazepa

5x Wushu World Champion 0-0 125lbs

Kirsty Gannaway 2-0 105lbs

Singapores top atomweight pospect

Tharoth Sam- Cambodias first WMMA

2-1 105lbs

Nicole Chua -

1-0 Her weight class is listed as "minimumweight" and she weighs 96lbs

Sooo who wins on Saturday?

TTT for WMMA!

Shogun of Harlem - Sunkist,

Hello, with all due respect, if Cyborg is the best WMMA fighter in the world (according to you) why did she take an anabolic steroid?

Hello,

sunkist will tell you Cyborg only took steroids one time by accident because one of her trainers slipped it in her drink without her knowing. So technically and respectfully, she did not take steroids.

Claire Haigh is another woman mma fighter who deserves a chance at a major promotion, her fights in Martial Combat and her win against Angie Parr were FOTN performances. She essentially stopped mma competing because of lack of opportunity in Luxembourg Phone Post 3.0

I like girls Phone Post 3.0

Sunkist1207 - 

OneFC or One Championship is holding an event tomorrow

Angela Lee 115 0-0 1-0 Amateur makes her pro debut vs     Aya Saied Saber   115lb 3-5

Angela

Aya

Other female fighters on the One roster

Ana Julation

WBO World Champion 2-1 125lbs

Irina Mazepa

5x Wushu World Champion 0-0 125lbs

Kirsty Gannaway 2-0 105lbs

Singapores top atomweight pospect

Tharoth Sam- Cambodias first WMMA

2-1 105lbs

Nicole Chua -

1-0 Her weight class is listed as "minimumweight" and she weighs 96lbs

I was reading the play by play and Angela beat Aya by Armbar submission in the first round- good stuff

Sunkist1207 - 

Sooo who wins on Saturday?

Rosie!

Ray Elbe - Claire Haigh is another woman mma fighter who deserves a chance at a major promotion, her fights in Martial Combat and her win against Angie Parr were FOTN performances. She essentially stopped mma competing because of lack of opportunity in Luxembourg Phone Post 3.0

Ray, 

Have you thought about managing fighters or consulting? Is Invicta an option?  Is Claire on social media?

Claire Haigh 3-0 I assume she is in the 135lb class

Haigh vs Parr with a mini documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFgEN2rAtI

Can someone please explain to me how I add Youtube clips so you all can watch without having to click a link- thanks in advance :)

"Can someone please explain to me how I add Youtube clips so you all can watch without having to click a link- thanks in advance :)"

Hello Sunkist!

First you navigate to the youtube clip that you are interested in.

Here's how to embed a video:

Click the Share link under the video.
Click the Embed link.
Copy the code provided in the expanded box.
Paste the code into your blog or website.

Sunkist1207 -
Ray Elbe - Claire Haigh is another woman mma fighter who deserves a chance at a major promotion, her fights in Martial Combat and her win against Angie Parr were FOTN performances. She essentially stopped mma competing because of lack of opportunity in Luxembourg Phone Post 3.0

Ray, 

Have you thought about managing fighters or consulting? Is Invicta an option?  Is Claire on social media?

Claire Haigh 3-0 I assume she is in the 135lb class

Haigh vs Parr with a mini documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFgEN2rAtI

Can someone please explain to me how I add Youtube clips so you all can watch without having to click a link- thanks in advance :)

Claire is 135, her fight vs Elieen Forrest shows great use of standing elbows in mma, prolly the best example in WMMA.

I've reached out to Invicta about Claire, but not much response.

Managing fighters is more headache than it's worth, lol. Phone Post 3.0

Claire's on FB Phone Post 3.0

^^^was ranked #1 in the world for Muay Thai 2 straight years, went up a weight class to challenge Miriam nakamoto for her wbc belt, prolly around a 30-4 record pro Muay Thai fights and undefeated in mma, it's a tough business to make a living in^^^ Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Shogun of Harlem - Sunkist,

Hello, with all due respect, if Cyborg is the best WMMA fighter in the world (according to you) why did she take an anabolic steroid?
Swap Cyborg with Anderson Silva and ask yourself the same question dummy. Phone Post 3.0

The Mortician -
Sunkist1207 - 
Dreville79 - 
Sunkist1207 -
pegson123 - 
Sunkist1207 -

Pegson123, 

Pegson123, 

Dreville79,

Matchmaking isn't hard, these girls all have intelligence, have all fought, and all know the women fighting. Pretty much all it takes, it ain't rocket science Phone Post 3.0