WMMA Discussion Thread

Only 14 more days until InvictaFC 13 and Cris Cyborg's Birthday :)

Here is a reminder of the fight card

Featherweight Title: Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino (13-1, 1 NC) vs. Faith Van Duin (5-1)
Bantamweight Title: Tonya Evinger (15-5) vs. Irene Aldana (5-1)
Atomweight Title: Herica Tiburcio (9-2) vs. Ayaka Hamasaki (11-1)
Bantamweight: Pannie Kianzad (7-0) vs. Jessica-Rose Clark (5-1)
Atomweight: Amber Brown (4-1) vs. Catherine Costigan (5-0)
Strawweight: Amy Montenegro (6-1) vs. Jamie Moyle (2-0)
Featherweight: Marina Shafir (1-1) vs. Amber Leibrock (0-0)

Predictions?

Please see page 11 of this thread to familiarize yourself with the fighters

Excellent thread Sunkist, have a VU Phone Post 3.0

Meet Amanda "The Lady Killer" Bell a 3-3 FW currently signed to Invicta. Amanda made headlines when she became the first fighter to hand Marina Shafir her first loss in MMA

Quick fact- Bethe is not the only fighter to be 2-0 against the 4horsewomen, Amanda TKO'd Jessamyn Duke in her last amateur fight before turning pro. Jessamyn was fighting at 145lbs

Riddlius - Excellent thread Sunkist, have a VU Phone Post 3.0

Hey Riddlius, 

Thank you for the Vote Up and please accept one in return for being so kind :)

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Featherweight Title: Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino (13-1, 1 NC) vs. Faith Van Duin (5-1)

Predictions?

i'd like to see an external link to a google drive sheet which allows us to place our predictions on upcoming fights.  is that something you want to collaborate on?  (note: i always have tons of ideas but am notorious for not following through )

Hey DaleyDentedDecimated'sDome, 

I would love to collaborate with you but updating this thread is keeping me preoccupied at the moment. However, if that is something you will do in the future, I would definately contribute in tems of  adding my  predictions when I can :)

Irelands very own Catherine Costigan getting ready for her Invicta debut on the 9th July

https://instagram.com/p/4OtUIgjMgl

Charmaine Tweet posted this on her FB account

2 hrs · 

Who's going to be joining me in Saskatoon Aug 23rd for the UFC? I'll be sitting front row with my friends from Stellar Gear and The Clarke Family . I'm looking forward to hanging out with some of my UFC Family to...watch for us around the city all week 
smile emoticon

"UFC Family"? Is Charmaine letting a cat out of the bag? Has Charmaine a signed a UFC contract?If you recall, Charmaine let slip that Cris Cyborg signed to the UFC before the news was made public. Charmaine recently announced her drop from 155 to 135 and also targeted Dec as the month for her debut..what say you?

She can't make 135 lbs. Phone Post 3.0

Sunkist1207 - 

2 hrs · 

Who's going to be joining me in Saskatoon Aug 23rd for the UFC? I'll be sitting front row with my friends from Stellar Gear and The Clarke Family . I'm looking forward to hanging out with some of my UFC Family to...watch for us around the city all week 

smile emoticon

"UFC Family"? Is Charmaine letting a cat out of the bag? Has Charmaine a signed a UFC contract?If you recall, Charmaine let slip that Cris Cyborg signed to the UFC before the news was made public. Charmaine recently announced her drop from 155 to 135 and also targeted Dec as the month for her debut..what say you?

I would assume her 'UFC family' is in reference to that handsome fella on the left side of the picture (TUF: Nations MW champion Elias Theodorou).

JustAnotherMMAFan - She can't make 135 lbs. Phone Post 3.0

Hey JustAnotherMMAFan,

I totally agree with with you. Just before her fight with Cris, Charmaine mentioned on Twitter that she wanted to fight Duke again and Dukes sister responded by saying she would need to go down to 135. Charmaine responded by saying something along the lines of she would need to cut off a limb to do that. I assume her goal is to get into the UFC and make more money but in my opinion, not at the risk of health. I am not a medical professional and Charmaine did say she has hired a nutritionist so let's wait and see. In my opinion, Charmaine should think about Bellator as an alternative to 135

Steve4192 - 
Sunkist1207 - 

2 hrs · 

smile emoticon

I would assume her 'UFC family' is in reference to that handsome fella on the left side of the picture (TUF: Nations MW champion Elias Theodorou).

Steve4192,

Thank you for the information. Please excuse me while I put myself in the time out corner for not knowing the dashing gentleman on the left :( 

Sunkist1207 - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Predictions?

i'd like to see an external link to a google drive sheet which allows us to place our predictions on upcoming fights.  is that something you want to collaborate on?  (note: i always have tons of ideas but am notorious for not following through )

I would love to collaborate with you but updating this thread is keeping me preoccupied at the moment. However, if that is something you will do in the future, I would definately contribute in tems of  adding my  predictions when I can :)

google does have a feature to make your own survey, very easy for any user to click and choose.

I'd have to set it up...i'll look into it this sunday.  Def possible.  example: Enter your prediction for the following fights at Invicta 13, and reason..."

or do a box click thing...very easy to customize.

Sounds good. In the meantime...your predictions? 

Bryanna Fissori 1-0 FW will be making her Bellator debut tomorrow against Cheick Kongo managed Iony Razafiarison 2-0 who will also be making her Bellator debut

Bryanna

Iony 

#Repost @functionalcoach with @repostapp. ??? 3 weeks out. @marinashafir. ALL DAY. | @deuce_gym #Venice Beyond grateful for having @functionalcoach and @deuce_gym in my corner.

Sunkist1207 - 

I still have not figured out how to post video clips from Instagram or recieved any advice on how to go about it. 

In the meantime, here are clips of Marina Shafir getting ready for her Invicta debut on the 9th July

https://instagram.com/p/4AgAJNu1ku

https://instagram.com/p/39wwr3u1mQ

First one.....btw HOT

And the second one from Sunkist

commonsense517 - 

And the second one from Sunkist

Hey Commonsense517, 

Please accept a vote up for posting the clips. Can you please explain to me how you did that? I am not sure if its just me but they are not showing up

Clip of Irene getting a massage..slightly bizarre that Invicta would post this on the Instagram account. I think this was part of the takeover so I assume getting massages are part of her fight camp which makes sense now

https://instagram.com/p/4XWp5HESSN/

Clip of the Champ sparring with no headgear

https://instagram.com/p/4YOf_MkSQY/

Sunkist1207 -

Clip of Irene getting a massage..slightly bizarre that Invicta would post this on the Instagram account. I think this was part of the takeover so I assume getting massages are part of her fight camp which makes sense now

https://instagram.com/p/4XWp5HESSN/

Clip of the Champ sparring with no headgear

https://instagram.com/p/4YOf_MkSQY/

Alexa is so dreamy. Phone Post 3.0

The offical trailer for Invicta FC 13

Not sure if this is true but I read a tweet that Bethe will be finishing up her training camp at KingsMMA with Coach Cordeiro. Has anyone else heard this?

Maybe I am seeing things but is this picture photoshopped?