WMMA Discussion Thread

Friend,

Don't forget the premier of TUF 23 tonight 

Please find  below a link to a thread with information about the Straw weights

http://forum.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2528786/The-Ultimate-Fighter-23-Cast-Not-Official/?&page=1

Ashley Yoder 4-1 (With Hendo) , one of the contestants on the upcoming season of TUF

In in my opinion and with respect, Ashley resembles Miesha

Sunkist1207 - 

Interesting fight

valerietroubleletourneau With all Respect to Rose, I've never called anyone out, but there is always an exception. After watching the fight between Rose and Tecia, I want to say congrats to Rose. That was a great fight between you two. But, if you want a good test prior to having a potential fight with Joana or Claudia, let me offer my services. I'm sure our fans would be excited for this fight. I don't mind waiting... At this moment, there is no oth

I love Rose but Valerie may be too much for her. Experience, size advantage, toughness and Valerie has no real weaknesses.

nowaydo - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Interesting fight

valerietroubleletourneau With all Respect to Rose, I've never called anyone out, but there is always an exception. After watching the fight between Rose and Tecia, I want to say congrats to Rose. That was a great fight between you two. But, if you want a good test prior to having a potential fight with Joana or Claudia, let me offer my services. I'm sure our fans would be excited for this fight. I don't mind waiting... At this moment, there is no oth

I love Rose but Valerie may be too much for her. Experience, size advantage, toughness and Valerie has no real weaknesses.

Nowaydo 

I agree. In my opinion Tecia won their last fight or at the very least the fight was a draw. With respect, I don't think Rose is ready yet for Claudia or Joanna and I agree with Dana that she needs a fight or two before a title shot. 

Juliana Lima in Vegas ahead of her fight this weekend against Carla Esparza

Irene Cabello a contestant on the upcoming season of TUF but it appears as though she doesnt make it through because she is booked to fight next month

ashleemma 5 years ago in NorCal,I was 23years old,I had JUST started training #MMA & drove past a huge billboard of @criscyborg vs. Gina Carano. At that moment I added "be on a billboard for fighting" to my "bucket list." Haha Maybe that puts tonights training into perspective for u. SO honored & happy to train & be pushed by a woman who pushed me to be better b4 she even knew me. #Respect ????

After Holly Holm shocked the previously undefeated Ronda Rousey with a second round knockout at UFC 193 in November, the former bantamweight champion retreated from the public eye in order to heal. Now, the 2016 TIME 100 honoree is back in the gym and training for a chance to regain her title.

In a video interview, Rousey tells TIME about what drives her. “I was at the open workouts for the Holm fight,” she says. “And I tried to go and see every single person because I really want to be the People’s Champion.”

The 29-year-old fighter says one fan in particular stood out. “This lady—she was dying of cancer—and she came to that open workout and stood out in the sun and all this stuff, so she could have a chance to meet me,” she says. “I could tell from seeing her hands she was real sick. And I promised her…I promised I would win, and I didn’t. I promised her, and I broke my promise to her. And it was so important to her, I could tell. And I really want to make it up to her. I really want to make it up to her before it’s too late.”

Holm has since been beaten by Miesha Tate, which means Rousey won’t get the rematch she was expecting. Even though her hopes of taking back the belt now lie with a different opponent, her outlook hasn’t changed. “There are good people out there and I have to live up to their expectations because it really is that important,” she says.

Please click the link below for the video

http://time.com/4300091/ronda-rousey-time-100-video/

BREAKING: vs. added to !

Unfortunately Ashley Cummins didnt make it into the TUF, she was defeated by Lanchana Green but good news

We are excited to announce Ashley Cummins signs with #ShamrockFC. We are starting to build our women divisions and Ashley was the first person we looked to sign. Look for her to be back in the cage very soon!

In case you missed the debut of the new season of TUF, Please find below a recap of the fighters who made it into the house and the team they are on

Women's Strawweight - Amanda Cooper defeated Mellony Geugjes via submission (armbar) in the first round.
Women's Strawweight - Lanchana Green defeated Ashley Cummins via TKO (knees) in the second round.
Women's Strawweight - Jamie Moyle defeated Alyssa Krahn via submission (rear-naked choke) in the first round.
Women's Strawweight- Ashley Yoder defeated Jodie Esquibel via decision (split) after two rounds.
Women's Strawweight - J.J. Aldrich defeated Kristi Lopez via decision (unanimous) after two rounds.
Women's Strawweight - Tatiana Suarez defeated Chelsea Bailey via decision (unanimous) after two rounds.
Women's Strawweight - Kate Jackson defeated Irene Rivera via TKO (punches) in the second round.
Women's Strawweight - Helen Harper defeated Amy Montenegro via submission (armbar) in the first round.

·         Team Joanna
·         Women's Strawweights: JJ AldrichJamie Moyle, Ashley Yoder and Helen Harper
·         Team Cláudia
·         Women's Strawweights: Tatiana Suarez, Kate Jackson, Amanda Cooper and Lanchana Green

Please click the link below to familiarize yourself with the fighters 

http://forum.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2528786/The-Ultimate-Fighter-23-Cast-Not-Official/?&page=1

Carla looks great!

ufc Just added to #UFCChicago @feliceherrig vs @kailincurran July 23rd at @unitedcenter
3 min ago (Apr 21 2016 15:00:33) | Photo Filter: Normal

Awesome Champ

Please continue to use your platform to promote WMMA

THE NEWS IS OUT! 

JULY 2nd I will be working with Get Down Fights to CO-Promote the FIRST EVER FEMALE Amateur MMA California State Championships!!!

All fights will be broadcasted on TV in the Orange County California Area, and it is my hope that with my name attached to the event I will be able to bring more attention, sponsors, and opportunities to female MMA fighters looking for a chance to make a career in this Male dominated sport!

To find out how you can get an amateur female fighter on this event please email matchmaker Juliano Prado directly jiuliano2004@hotmail.com, space is limited and all fighters must be CAMO licensed for 2016.

A notícia é OUT!

02 de julho eu vou estar trabalhando com Get Down Fights para co-promover o primeiro Campeonato Feminino Estado Amateur MMA Califórnia !!!

Todas as lutas serão transmitidas na TV na Califórnia área de Orange County, e é minha esperança de que com o meu nome anexado ao evento que será capaz de trazer mais atenção, patrocinadores e oportunidades para lutadoras de MMA que procuram uma oportunidade de fazer uma carreira nesta masculino dominado esporte!

Para descobrir como você pode obter uma lutadora amador sobre este evento, por favor enviar e-mail matchmaker Juliano Prado diretamente jiuliano2004@hotmail.com, o espaço é limitado e todos os combatentes devem ser CAMO licenciada para 2016.

City, Mo. — Invicta Fighting Championships today officially announced the addition of Kaitlin Young to its staff as matchmaker, sharing duties with current matchmaker Julie Kedzie.

Young, a veteran of the sport who began her career in 2007 and last fought at Invicta FC 9 in November of 2014, brings both fight and matchmaking experience to the table, having previously filled the role for local promotions in her home state of Minnesota.

“Kaitlin has always been a part of the Invicta family,” said Invicta FC President Shannon Knapp. “She fought for us five times and I’m certain that she’ll bring the same drive and passion that turned her into a fan favorite into this new opportunity.”

Young’s appointment is effective immediately and she will be on-site at Invicta’s next event on May 7 in Costa Mesa, Calif.

“I’ve been on the other side of the table from Invicta as a fighter and I could not be more excited to join this organization,” said Young. “I have so much respect for Shannon and the goals she has for the company, each event, and every single athlete.

“I’m extremely anxious to dive right in and interact with some of these special athletes. If I can help guide them, help them achieve their dreams with Invicta, I’ll consider that a success. Plus, who doesn’t want to be responsible for making great fights? It’s truly a dream job.”

http://www.invictafc.com/2016/04/22/mma-veteran-kaitlin-young-joins-invicta-fc-as-matchmaker/