WMMA Discussion Thread

Congrats to Poliana Botelho, Team Nova Uniao member and XFC FLW champion on signing with the UFC. I have mentioned Poliana a few times in this lucky thread :)

Poliana is currently 5-1 with her only loss to Vivian Perreira who in my opnion should already be signed to Invicta or UFC. I am going to assume that Poliana will sign to the BW division then move down to 125

claudiagadelhaufc Boas vindas para a mais nova lutadora do UFC. Parabéns Poli, você merece cada conquista. Que este dia fique marcado na história como a entrada de mais um talento brasileiro na história do MMA mundial. || Welcome to the newest UFC fighter. Congratulations Poli, you deserve every achievement. Let this day be marked in history as the input of another Brazilian talent in the MMA history. @polianabotelho #UFC #grinder #hardworklady

Dear Sean Shelby Julie Kedzie and Kaitin Young

I hope you are well. With respect, if you don't mind me asking, what is the hold up in the UFC signing 6-1 Alejandra Lara or her debuting in Invicta?  I am excited at the thought of Alexandra facing Jessamyn Duke or Aspen Ladd.  Like the recently signed Poliana Botelho, Alejandra is a FLW and could probably fight at BW until the UFC FLW is officially announced. I do not anticipate a response but I am hoping the good karma fairies somehow  sweetly whisper my request  of Alejandra signing to  UFC/making her debut in Invicta into your ears

Respectfully yours

Sunkist1207

criscyborg #areyoudown @Power106LA #teamcyborg takeover this morning #thecruzshow tune in 9am @ufc @InvictaFights and win @rihanna tixs #ufc198LA morning

Please click the link below to listen live
http://player.listenlive.co/44031

Ronda looks happy- In my opinion, Travis makes her happy and that is a beautiful thing

Karolina getting ready to face Heather on Sunday

Heather getting ready to face Karolina

Sunkist1207 -

Ronda looks happy- In my opinion, Travis makes her happy and that is a beautiful thing

For anyone that cares, this is from a Didi Hirsch fundraiser last week where Ronda was presenting an award. They raised over $500,000.

At the awards, her mother gave this introduction:

"Last night, when she was at the Didi Hirsch fundraiser, I was asked to say a few words about her. Here is what I had to say:

Often, in interviews, Ronda has said that she takes inspiration from her mom.

One of the advantages of getting old is that you may have the privilege to live long enough to take inspiration from your children, and today I wanted to talk about how Ronda inspires me.

It has been said that anyone who ever contemplates suicide should remember this

You will one day experience joy that matches this pain

Ronda embodies that statement. I have seen her fail on a world stage at a very young age - the youngest person in the 2004 Olympics, coming home empty-handed - and using that as motivation to win the junior world championships, taking the gold medal in a match that was an amazing 4 seconds.

Failure isn’t permanent.

Some days your dreams are crushed. Other days, your dreams come true.

She struggled with a speech disorder, her father’s death and bulimia. When she started to gain some fame, she used that to draw attention to eating disorders, running a clinic, “Don’t Throw Up, Throw Down” to raise money for Didi Hirsch.

Some people told her that she should have called it something more proper and she refused, saying that is the reason people often don’t seek help, the reaction they get from society, “Ooh, that’s gross”

I run a startup. It’s a long, exhausting road with a lot of rejections and failed first - and second and third - attempts. Whenever I get discouraged and ready to quit, I take inspiration from Ronda.

Call it as you see it, accept that everyone has problems, has issues. Don’t be ashamed of yourself for not being perfect. Never give up - and one day your dreams will come true.
I love you, Ronda and I'm proud of you." Phone Post 3.0

nowaydo - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Olympic  Judo Gold medalist Kayla Harrison talks about a possible transition to MMA

Kayla is one of the finest examples of a good human being possible. thanks

I couldn't agree more.

With Gold at Olympic and world championship level, she must also be USA's most successful Judoka.

Shame- 

Paige VanZant won't be fighting at UFC 200 after all.

The popular strawweight had originally hoped to fight on the July 9 card in Las Vegas, however, according to her manager Mike Roberts that plan is now off. The main reason? VanZant's involvement on the "Dancing with the Stars" show.

"After thinking about it, the show is taking up a lot of her time," Roberts said. "She wants to have time to improve and get better, so we decided to postpone her return to about late-August."

The UFC was originally on board with the idea of having VanZant on the UFC 200 card to build off her involvement on "DWTS," which she is currently thriving on. She is actually one of the favorites to win this season of the show, and in fact, she landed a perfect scoreon Monday's episode.

The 22-year-old VanZant hasn't fought since her submission loss to Rose Namajunas in December. That loss dropped her professional record to 6-2.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/3/11581432/paige-vanzant-no-longer-part-of-ufc-200-plans

megana_mma #thisiswhy you don't pro wrestle the week before your fight. #mightbeinjured #fightinjeopardy #InvictaFC17 @invictafc @sharkbait816

37 min ago (May 03 2016 18:16:21) | Photo Filter: Rise

Any updates on an upcoming fight? 

aisydaly Many moons ago we started this journey as hopeful white belts. Last night we rolled all 3 of us as brown belts. A mark of progress on this beautiful journey. There's a window of opportunity for MMA competition, BJJ is for life. #happy #proud #grateful #SBG #BJJ #MMA #UFC #team #family #brownbelts
14 hours ago (May 04 2016 04:26:13) | Photo Filter: Normal | Straight Blast Gym Ireland

Just announced on UFC tonight, as predicted by mystic Sunkist :)

Holly Holm vs Valentina Shevchnko in the works  for UFC Chicago in July

This in my opinion is going to be a great fight.

nowaydo - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Olympic  Judo Gold medalist Kayla Harrison talks about a possible transition to MMA

Kayla is one of the finest examples of a good human being possible. thanks

She sure seems like it

Her and Marti Malloy.  I wanna marry Marti

Sunkist1207 -

Just announced on UFC tonight, as predicted by mystic Sunkist :)

Holly Holm vs Valentina Shevchnko in the works  for UFC Chicago in July

This in my opinion is going to be a great fight.

Great fight. Valentina has the style of kickboxing to give holly's distance some problems if she stays aggressive Phone Post 3.0

Interesting, the other fight I wanted to see

.@Country_girljj @MMAFighting I was offered that fight with Holly. I said yes. She, obviously, did not.

Sunkist1207 - 

Interesting, the other fight I wanted to see

.@Country_girljj @MMAFighting I was offered that fight with Holly. I said yes. She, obviously, did not.

I actually think Valentina is the tougher fight, but not by much

Congrats to Tatiana Suarez who moves on to Team Claudia who moves on to the next round on TUF 23

It's official.... and make weight for tomorrow's championship bout at

Invicta FC 17 Portraits

invictafc @alexa_conners is first up! She kicks off #InvictaFC17 against Laura Howarth this Saturday!

invictafc @laurahowarthmma will be making her long-awaited Invicta debut May 7th! #InvictaFC17 #VeniVidiVici @VMODA