WMMA Discussion Thread

ufc Go #BTS of #UFC198 as these Brazilian Legends prepare for an epic homecoming! TONIGHT | 11pmET | @FS1

nowaydo - Germaine has been beat by Amanda Nunes and Julia Budd.

This ain't kickboxing.
Holly's ground game is lacking.

She won all her fights standing.

Germaine will destroy her (and I love Holly).

As to Germaine being beat by Nunes, it was a judo throw that sealed the deal. Holly ain't taking Germaine down. Phone Post 3.0

Sunkist1207 -

I wouldnt mind seeing Germiane vs Holm or Shevchenko

Hmmm

8h5 Rounds with Emma‏ @5RoundsWithEmma

@BitaNick @UFC_CA @HollyHolm @BulletValentina should of been @LaurenMurphyMMA against Holly. She was offered it & said yes!

8hLauren Murphy‏ @LaurenMurphyMMA

@5RoundsWithEmma @HollyHolm Holly & her team had a choice of a few ppl, they picked Valentina...Valentina said yes too.?? Still bummed tho

Julia Budd vs Amanda Nunes in SF.

Intersting note, Julia defeated Gina in MT and Germiane in MMA but Amanda Nunes defeated both

Sunkist1207 -

@PaigeVanzantUFC @ufc Obrigada! It's great seeing women fighters support one another! I vote #pvz to be next #dwts champ

Does Paige want to get suckerpunched then soccer kicked by Ronda next time around?

luctaro - 
Sunkist1207 -

@PaigeVanzantUFC @ufc Obrigada! It's great seeing women fighters support one another! I vote #pvz to be next #dwts champ

Does Paige want to get suckerpunched then soccer kicked by Ronda next time around?

Luctaro

It is interesting you mention that because the majority of comments on Twitter in response to Paige's tweet are expressing the same opinion. 

UFC 198 Embedded part 1, Cris starts at 3:38

Kyra and Julianna doing commentary with Ray Flores at last nights CombatesAmericas event

Nice to see another promotion supporting WMMA. Lat nights main event of CombatesAmerica - Invicta SW Champ Angela Hill cornered Paulina and Invicta BW Champ Tonya Evinger cornered Stephanie

criscyborg My Team sat nervously watching me play handball for the first time in almost a decade praying there would be no freak injuries. Sometimes you have to embrace the grind, but other times you have to enjoy the gifts God gives you! I love Curitiba and I have so much history in this city! Thank you Coach Marcao and Coach Eliel for bringing back so many memories tonight! I heard over 3,000 #chuteboxe tixs have been bought! #ufc198 buy this ppv it's the beginning! #CrisCyborgGenesis #PUC #CWB

Paige did well last night, she cored 29/30 and is now in the semi finales

lesliesmithmma Doing the fighter thing in Brazil #Repost @mo.jitsu with @repostapp ??? Second day in brazil, ufc embedded interviewing @lesliesmithmma@mo.jitsu #ufc #bjjlifestyle #rio #mojitsu

lesliesmithmma Wearing my @guardlab #mouthguard because it matches my bikini and it goes well with the extra pounds I packed on for this fight #beeneatingwell #ufc198

Coenen vs Budd postponed due to Julia's injury

marloescoenen OOOOOOHHHH MY! I thought my 1st professional fight was lost. Nope. Today @martijn_dej scooped up this fight, which took place in Tokyo when I was 19 years old. I fought Yuuki Kondo. We later became friends after we fought once more (her retirement MMA-fight) and grappled in 2005 against each other at ADCC. I even visited het in Kyoto and slept at her house where she showed me this beautifull city. Proof that fighters can distinguish the game from emotions.

MMAjunkieVerified account ‏@MMAjunkie  15m15 minutes ago

Marloes Coenen now meets Alexis Dufresne in Bellator 155 non-title fight 

Interesting last  minute fight. Alexis started her MMA career at 145 then dropped to 135 to sign with the UFC Unfortunately things didnt go well as she missed weight for both fights and was defeated. Alexis was released from the UFC and signed to Bellator but shortly after it was announced that she was to debut for the promotions, 

Alexis

2013 – IBJJF World No Gi Championships, Brown Belt Medium-Heavy (Gold)
2013 – IBJJF World Championships, Purple Belt Medium-Heavy (Gold)
2013 – IBJJF Pan Ams, Purple Belt Medium-Heavy (Gold)
2012 – IBJJF Pan Ams, Purple Belt Medium-Heavy (Gold)
2011 – IBJJF World No Gi Championships, Purple Belt Absolute (Silver)
2011 – IBJJF World No Gi Championships, Purple Belt Medium-Heavy (Gold)
2011 – IBJJF American National Championships, Blue Belt Medium-Heavy (Gold)
2011 – IBJJF American National No Gi Championships, Blue Belt Absolute (Gold)
2011 – IBJJF American National No Gi Championships, Blue Belt Medium-Heavy (Gold)
2011 – IBJJF World Championships, Blue Belt Medium-Heavy (Gold)
2011 – IBBJF Pan Ams, Blue Belt Absolute (Gold)
2011 – IBBJF Pan Ams, Blue Belt Medium-Heavy (Silver)
2010 – IBJJF American National Championships, Blue Belt Medium-Heavy (Gold)
2010 – IBJJF World Championships, Blue Belt Heavy (Bronze)
2010 – IBJJF Pan Ams, White Belt Heavy (Gold)

Marloes

Interesting. There are  rumors that all is not well at the Elavation fight team in Colorado. Not that it means anything, TJ Dillashaw was photographed training at TriStar with GSP yesterday and the assumption is that he is "gym shopping"

Cat Zingano will be switching things up prior to UFC 200.

The UFC women's bantamweight contender has decided to train for her July 9 fight against Julianna Peña at the Alliance Training Center in Chula Vista, Calif., MMA Fighting confirmed with her manager Ed Soares.

Soares said Zingano will be "trying it out for this camp" when asked if this was a full-time move for Zingano. She had most recently trained with Elevation Fight Team in Colorado.

"I think that cross-training and getting different looks is a good thing," Leister Bowling, head coach at Elevation, said. "It's always good to evolve and become the best martial artist possible."

The 33-year-old is expected to start her camp at Alliance by the end of the week.

Zingano (9-1) hasn't fought since her 14-second loss to Ronda Rousey at UFC 184 in Feb. 2015. She discussed her time off on a recent episode of "The MMA Hour."

"We're excited to have her," Eric Del Fierro, Alliance's head coach said. "She came out a few times before and just trained during her visit. She is definitely an incredible athlete, and I look forward to working with her."

Alliance, considered to be one of the very best MMA gyms in the world, is currently home to UFC bantamweight champion Dominick CruzPhil DavisJeremy StephensRoss PearsonWilson Reis and many other top fighters.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/10/11652504/cat-zingano-moves-training-to-alliance-mma-prior-to-ufc-200

Cris sparring with a fan at the  UFC 198 open workout

E. Casey Leydon ‏@ekc  4h4 hours ago

Werdum and Cyborg got the biggest pop today from the fans that showed up at the open workouts. #UFC198

Bethe Correia on her way to Curitiba

I hope UFC BW Larissa Pachecho makes it to Curitiba 

lesliesmithmma Tomorrow is media day!! Which dress should I wear?! #ufc198

There's been speculation for months that former women's champion Ronda Rousey would return around November or December for her next fight in the UFC, but now that date doesn't seem as certain as before.

UFC president Dana White spoke about Rousey's return to "The Dan Patrick Show" on Wednesday where he was asked point blank about the possibility that she doesn't return in 2016.

Rousey has made no personal statements saying that she was definitely returning to action this year, but White has speculated that he expected the date to come at the latter part of the year.

Judging by this latest interview, Rousey returning this year doesn't seem quite as certain.

"That's up to Ronda. Ronda's going to come out and let us know when she's ready to fight again," White said. 

Rousey hasn't fought since she suffered a knockout loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193 last November in Australia. 

Rousey has been training again with her teammates on the beach in California while her movie career has been on hold lately.

Rousey was supposed to take off time during the first half of 2016 to film a pair of movies including her starring role in the "Road House" remake, but it appears those projects have been shelved at least for now.

White said that if anybody in the UFC deserves some extra down time it's Rousey, but right now there doesn't appear to be any definitive time line for her return to action.

Please click the link to read more

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-dana-white-ronda-rousey-hopes-she-returns-in-2016-051116