WMMA Discussion Thread

Bellator MMAVerified account ‏@BellatorMMA  3h3 hours agoBoise, ID

Tomorrow night #WMMA trailblazer @MarloesCoenen returns to the cage, live & free on @spike 9/8c! #Bellator155

Invicta FC President Shannon Knapp is targeting a return to California for the all-female MMA promotion’s next event, and if featherweight champ Cristiane Justino is free to fight, there’s a spot for her.

Knapp today told MMAjunkie she’s targeting July 29 for Invicta FC 18 at a city to be determined, and she’s evaluating options for “Cyborg” Justino (16-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) should the champ and her other promoter, UFC, agree a title defense is next.

Justino would headline the event if her next stop is Invicta FC, Knapp added, though she promoter stressed Justino’s first obligation is to the UFC, with whom she’s under contract.

“I’m working on the 29th,” the Invicta FC chief said. “If all parties agree, then certainly she would (headline).”

http://mmajunkie.com/?p=195012

Shannon was initially targeting International fight week for Invicta 18 but I assume that didnt work out. In my opinion that wouldve been a great option and an opportunity to piggy back of Cris UFC exposure with her in Vegas doing promotions for the event. I personally wouldve preferred for Cris to wait and fight at Invicta 19/20 because that will give her more time to promote the AWMMA event she is co-promoting and a true number 1 contender to be announced between Tweet and Anderson

MMAFighting.com‏ @MMAFighting

#Bellator155 weigh-ins: Veta Arteaga (127.1 - 1.1 over) vs. Jackie Vandenburgh (122.7)

#Bellator155 weigh-ins: Marloes Coenen (145.6) vs. Alexis Dufresne (150.7)

Sunkist1207 -

#Bellator155 weigh-ins: Veta Arteaga (127.1 - 1.1 over) vs. Jackie Vandenburgh (122.7)

Jackie Vandenburgh (tright)vs Veta Arteaga

Alexis gave birth five months ago

rocksteadymma Exciting times! Pleased to announce that I will be headlining @bcmmauk next event in Colchester on 23rd July. Very excited to be given such a great opportunity and looking forward to putting on a show for a home crowd for once! If anyone would like to come and support me it would be much appreciated, tickets are only £30 and the card is already looking stacked!

Good for Kerry. She was one of the fighters who traveled from the UK to tryout out for TUF but unfortunately the UFC abandoned the BW TUF

Interesting. 

carlaesparza1 Starting in July, fighters will be encouraged to report to fight week within 8% o their weigh-in weight. (There will be a grace period while athletes adjust to this new policy.) I'm personally super excited about it! I think we will start seeing some people move around in weight classes, which will make for some interesting match ups. But most importantly, it will protect fighters safety in the short and long run. What do you think??? Good or bad?

FLW bout Julie Werner (right) vs Ariane  co-main on the Immortal FC 4 event on Saturday in Brazil

I have mentioned both previously and Hopefully both fighters get on the Invicta/Bellator radar

Ariane

Julie

Caption

Michelle 1-0 FLW weight

Sunkist1207 -
Sunkist1207 -

Jackie Vandenburgh (tright)vs Veta Arteaga

Alexis gave birth five months ago

#Bellator155 Alexis Dufresne def. Maroles Coenen by triangle armbar 4:33 round 1 #wmma

Alexis has a solid ground game but unfortunately the terrible weight cuts to 135 didn't give her the opportunity to showcase that in the UFC

Win or lose, Marloes is still a legend.

Veta Arteaga defeats Jackie Vandenburgh via Unanimous Decision (29-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Sunkist1207 -

Interesting. 

carlaesparza1 Starting in July, fighters will be encouraged to report to fight week within 8% o their weigh-in weight. (There will be a grace period while athletes adjust to this new policy.) I'm personally super excited about it! I think we will start seeing some people move around in weight classes, which will make for some interesting match ups. But most importantly, it will protect fighters safety in the short and long run. What do you think??? Good or bad?

Holly Holm is higher than 147 at the start of fight week.Cris was below 158 at the start of fight week for UFC 198 (UFC officials actually kept a record of her weight upon arrival fight week)realistically if the UFC was interested in safe weight cutting, 145 would be introduced, and judging by these numbers if they have been keeping track of all their athletes the same way Cyborg was having her weight check prior to 198, they know this.

Nice

What say you?

Please find below Joe Rogan talking about Gabi Garcia taking Male hormones. In my opinion this is disrespectul and reckless to make allegations without the proof. With respect has  Bryan Callen taken a liking to Cris? he mentions her several times on the podcast episode

Sunkist1207 -

Please find below Joe Rogan talking about Gabi Garcia taking Male hormones. In my opinion this is disrespectul and reckless to make allegations without the proof. With respect has  Bryan Callen taken a liking to Cris? he mentions her several times on the podcast episode

According to the UFC, the "smell test" of an athlete's appearance is one of the tools USADA uses. So Rogan is well within his rights to comment on Gabi's looks. Phone Post 3.0

judonoob -
Sunkist1207 -

According to the UFC, the "smell test" of an athlete's appearance is one of the tools USADA uses. So Rogan is well within his rights to comment on Gabi's looks. Phone Post 3.0

Judonoob

You are correct regarding USADA using the smell test and that is probably the reason why there are some fighters  who have been tested more than others however, in my opinion that is still a reckless allegation to state as a fact with no evidence

Iconic photo Joe Rogan refers to:

Devastated by Marloes' loss :-( Phone Post 3.0

JustAnotherMMAFan - Devastated by Marloes' loss :-( Phone Post 3.0

I was too, but she did everything wrong in that triangle.

Deserved what she got.

Happy for Alexis.

Sunkist1207 -
judonoob -
Sunkist1207 -

Judonoob

You are correct regarding USADA using the smell test and that is probably the reason why there are some fighters  who have been tested more than others however, in my opinion that is still a reckless allegation to state as a fact with no evidence

You are welcome to your opinion. Rogan has a popular podcast and let's face it, Gabi does not pass the small test therefore it is fair play to talk about it. Phone Post 3.0