WMMA Discussion Thread

Sunkist1207 -

Ronda Rousey Retirement Talk Heating Up

Rumor on the streets is that Ronda Rousey plans on retiring after fighting Meisha Tate for the belt in November. Our TRUSTED source passed this along. “She is deep in love right now with Travis and wants to have a family right away. She doesn’t care about a rematch with Holly Holm, but knows she can beat Meisha.” With Cyborg around she better stay as far away from that octagon as possible.-TO 

She only takes fights she knows she can win... Phone Post 3.0

JustAnotherMMAFan -
Sunkist1207 -

Rumor on the streets is that Ronda Rousey plans on retiring after fighting Meisha Tate for the belt in November. Our TRUSTED source passed this along. “She is deep in love right now with Travis and wants to have a family right away. She doesn’t care about a rematch with Holly Holm, but knows she can beat Meisha.” With Cyborg around she better stay as far away from that octagon as possible.-TO 

She only takes fights she knows she can win... Phone Post 3.0
What a dumb statement. Phone Post 3.0

"Sure Judonoob......"

Are you denying you posted it on this thread? Phone Post 3.0

Judonoob

I meant sure because you have no defense for my point

claudiagadelhaufc  I want to say that was an honor to have been chosen as one of the athletes to carry the Olympic torch. Unfortunately I will have to decline the invitation. Just do not think that an athlete has to bear all costs of travel to attend the event. Furthermore, it was given the start and I'm in fight camp, training daily for another victory and would be very hard to travel for attend this event. OSSS 

ufc First day of the #UFCChicago Media Tour with @hollyholm is in the books! Check out our Snapchat and Facebook for a behind the scenes look=?

Cyborg vs Germaine @ UFC 201 per UFC tonight Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 - Cyborg vs Germaine @ UFC 201 per UFC tonight Phone Post 3.0
Cris can not make 140lbs that quick, fight would have to be at 145.

Thank you for posting Hate420. It will be interesting to read the comments of those who thought Cris fighting in the UFC is a one time deal. Maybe 145lb division on the way?

Bizarre that the UFC would announce this if the fight has not been confirmed however this is definately a good sign that the UFC are investing in Cris

Nice

EA SPORTS UFC ‏@EASPORTSUFC  2h2 hours ago

Available now in UFC Ultimate Team, it's @criscyborg's #MOTN!

Sunkist1207 -

Bizarre that the UFC would announce this if the fight has not been confirmed however this is definately a good sign that the UFC are investing in Cris

Germaine went 37-0 in Muay Thai at 145lbs. This would be a good opponent for the first FW belt. Phone Post 3.0

Sunkist1207 - 

Unless she's willing to work hard to improve her game that would be a smart move IMO. Holly losing to Meisha was a huge stroke of luck for Ronda. Now she has the opportunity to beat Tate to reclaim the title and then retire as champion without having to face Holly again.

Alpha Cat Zingano ‏@CatZingano  May 14

I have to say @LeslieSmith_GF is tough as they come, but @criscyborg is hungry! Repping #brazil ,Get it Cris! @UFC

Cris CyborgVerified account‏@criscyborg

@CatZingano let's train together!

Alpha Cat ZinganoVerified account‏@CatZingano

Hell yes. When are you home?

Alpha Cat Zingano ‏@CatZingano  18m18 minutes ago

@criscyborg perfect! You come to me? Or me come to you? Orrrrr Meet half way? P.s. I need to talk to your nutritionist...

MarQ P ‏@WMMANews  3m3 minutes agoView translation

#TUF23 @LanchanaGreen def. Helen Harper by unanimous decision #wmma

Sara mcMann getting ready to face Jessica Eye

Jessica Eye ten days before her fight

jessicaevileye ?? making my way down the right way ... Nutrition is a passion for me. Food is fuel and I a machine who knows to fuel myself properly ... #ufclasvegas #jessicaeye #mma #fitness #mma #isagenix #eyebelieve#ambitious
1 day ago (May 17 2016 22:29:31) | Photo Filter: Normal

Awesome to see promotions booking fights for females at 155

Kolla will be making her pro debut and Brittney is 2-3

Sunkist1207 -

Awesome to see promotions booking fights for females at 155

Kolla will be making her pro debut and Brittney is 2-3

IMO this is actually Cris weight class Phone Post 3.0

June 25th I'm fighting for the belt! Let's get after it!

Nice.. Hopefully next stepI nvicta

Congratulations to the new women's bantamweight champion, !

Congrats to Gina. She tried out for TUF twice most recently to appear on the current season of TUF until the UFC abandoned the plans for 135

Hmmmmm-

Former UFC champion Holly Holm doesn't deny the fact that she turned down a fight against Cris Cyborg, which would've gone down at last weekend's (Sat., May 14, 2016) UFC 198 pay-per-view (PPV) event in Curitiba, Brazil.

For "The Preacher's Daughter," the timing of the offer was just off, as she was still set on doing anything in her power to get a rematch against Miesha Tate after "Cupcake" dethroned her from the top of the mountain back at UFC 196.

In fact, Holly recently told 120 Sports that she isn't opposed to going up to 140 pounds to face the current Invicta FC featherweight champion.

"I'm not even stuck on the 135 compared to 140, that's not really a big thing for me. They did call me for the fight, that is definitely true. I was so focused and I really wanted to see if I was going to get that rematch for the belt because that is where my passion was really facing. And that was around the time they asked me for the fight with Cyborg and I was holding out to see if I could get the rematch. To me, I am not against fighting Cyborg, it just didn't really seem like the right time. In boxing, I fought in three weight classes, so I am not opposed to fighting at 140. I actually think Cyborg might make 135, who knows. But that could be an option for the future. I am actually very happy for her victory. I really like Cyborg, I think she's a great gal."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/5/18/11704450/holly-holm-welcomes-ufc-catchweight-fight-against-cris-cyborg-mma

But that could be an option for the future.

With respect,if Holly is defeated by Valentina, in my opinion she will be campiagning for a fight against Cris in the near future. In my opinion  and with respect, Cris shouldnt respond and just let it all unfold