WMMA Discussion Thread

May 15Miesha Tate‏ @MieshaTate

Impressive performance by @criscyborg tonight!! What a powerful woman! Congrats on making 139lbs! 4 more and we can have a title fight!

May 15Cris Cyborg‏ @criscyborg

.@MieshaTate I have a world title. You know I'm world champion. Thank you for the support

Miesha Tate‏ @MieshaTate

@criscyborg ?? was great to see you inside the#Octagonn you have worked long and hard! Best wishes for whatever you decide moving forward

Erica Paes defeated Cris in her MMA debut. In my opinion, I don't believe she posted the photo below on Saturday as disrespect more so paying homage to their fight and support for Cris' UFC debut

ericapaesmma Cris Cyborg... Oss!!! ???????????? #BoaSorte #canalcombate#bjj #criscyborg

2 days ago (May 14 2016 23:28:09) | Photo Filter: Normal

According to Google translate, Erica is saying below that she is the only fighter to defeat Cris....does she want a rematch?

ericapaesmma Continuo sendo a ÚNICA!!! ?????????? #cyborg #ufc#criscyborg #paraense #tedourevanche #ufcbrasil #saemshelby #danawhite
2 days ago (May 14 2016 23:38:51) | Photo Filter: Clarendon

Well just got a perfect score on again. Congrats!

Sunkist1207 -
Phil999 -
Sunkist1207 -

6mMiesha Tate‏ @MieshaTate

Impressive performance by @criscyborg tonight!! What a powerful woman! Congrats on making 139lbs! 4 more and we can have a title fight!

I'm confused, Miesha stated several times she would fight Cris at 140 now she wants Cris to drop to 135...sounds like Deja vu...

'Rowdy' Bec Rawlings‏ @RowdyBec

Leslie was trying to roll out of it, she never stopped fighting, she wasn't out. BULLSHIT STOPPAGE!! #UFC198

Ok, yes @criscyborg was winning, but @LeslieSmith_GF was still in it...@ufc

Why are you confused?   She now holds the title.

Phill999

Miesha was the champion a few weeks ago when she said she would fight Cris at Catchweight. Cris said in her post fight interview she would only do catch weights so an interesting tweet in my opinion.

Oh ok, I didn't realize Meisha said that.

Phil999 -
Sunkist1207 -
Phil999 -
Sunkist1207 -

6mMiesha Tate‏ @MieshaTate

I'm confused, Miesha stated several times she would fight Cris at 140 now she wants Cris to drop to 135...sounds like Deja vu...

'Rowdy' Bec Rawlings‏ @RowdyBec

Leslie was trying to roll out of it, she never stopped fighting, she wasn't out. BULLSHIT STOPPAGE!! #UFC198

Ok, yes @criscyborg was winning, but @LeslieSmith_GF was still in it...@ufc

Why are you confused?   She now holds the title.

Phill999

Miesha was the champion a few weeks ago when she said she would fight Cris at Catchweight. Cris said in her post fight interview she would only do catch weights so an interesting tweet in my opinion.

Oh ok, I didn't realize Meisha said that.

What Sunkist is not saying is that Giovani Decker from the UFC said that Miesha is not an option for a catch weight fight because she is the UFC champion. Phone Post 3.0

Judonoob

Please post Giovanni's response and let us compare to what Dana said about entertaining a catch weight if Ronda asks. 

Sunkist1207 -

Well just got a perfect score on again. Congrats!

Is recently signed Invicta BW Talia Santos the next opponent for Tonya?

Talia is 13-0 with 11 of those stoppages in the first round. Talia has a backgroun in MT and Boxing and is a blue belt in BJJ

On June 18, Joanna Calderwood will return to action for the first time since July 2015 when she takes on Canadian Valerie Letourneau at UFC Fight Night Thompson vs MacDonald. Today the Scottish strawweight told us why she asked the UFC if she could fight the former title challenger.

"It was because she was Canadian and I knew that she wanted on the Canada card so I knew it would have to be Valerie or Randa [Markos] who is another Canadian UFC fighter," explained Calderwood. "I would've just been happy to happy to get either one of them but Valerie is just coming off a loss to Joanna [Jedrzejczyk] and I really like her style so I just thought it would make a good exciting match up for the Canada card."

The fight will be unique in the sense that it will be the first ever women's flyweight fight to take place in the UFC. Calderwood believes that 125lbs will be a more pleasurable weight to fight at for her given it means she won't have to partake in a big weight cut before the fight.

"In my second MMA fight I fought at 125lbs and I just liked it because I didn't have to go through the last ten pounds like I would have to cut for 115lbs," said Calderwood. "That normally really takes it out of you so that is going to be the real only difference. Valerie and I are normally two that walk around a little heavier and are some of the bigger girls in the 115lbs division. It just means that we don't have to go through that traumatising time and I think I'll have more energy."

Please cllick the link to read more

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/joanne-calderwood-looking-forward-exciting-7989195

Awesome. Hopefully the Coenen/Budd title fight is coain or main on the card

Note: Coenen-Dufresne will now be on the main card in TV spot #2, Jansen/Held has been moved to the featured preliminary slot.

Mackenzie showing  other talents
Tickets for UFC on FOX 20 go on sale to the public on Friday and are priced at $225, $125, $100, $90, $75 and $50

Embedded

Invicta 17 fight purses

Tonya Evinger ($10,000 $10,000 = $20,000) def. Colleen Schneider ($4,000)
Angela Hill ($7,000 $7,000 = $14,000) def. Livia Renata Souza ($6,500)
Charmaine Tweet ($5,000 $5,000 = $10,000) def. Latoya Walker ($3,000)
Kaline Medeiros ($2,500 $2,500 = $5,000) def. Aline Serio ($1,500)
Megan Anderson ($2,000 $2,000 = $4,000) def. Amanda Bell ($3,500)
Christine Stanley ($2,000 $2,000 = $4,000) def. Shannon Sinn ($1,500)
Rachael Ostovich ($1,500 $1,500 = $3,000) def. Ariel Beck ($1,500)
Laura Howarth ($1,000 $1,000 = $2,000) def. Alexa Conners ($1,000)

Ronda out and about yesterday

Sunkist1207 -

Judonoob

Please post Giovanni's response and let us compare to what Dana said about entertaining a catch weight if Ronda asks. 

...lol Sunkist. You know his response very well since it was you who first posted it on this very thread. Phone Post 3.0

Sure Judonoob......

Maincard stuff. Thanks to all the fans who supported me & made it happen

criscyborg I am so grateful to my fans and the sport of #WMMA!! I am getting thousands of messages from girls all over the world thanking me for standing up. I won't abandon you or my weight division! Not all of us weigh 115 or 135 pounds. Some of us are bigger and some even smaller...but we all deserve a stage to showcase our talents. We deserve the same opportunities as The men! They have 8 divisions in the @ufc while we only have 2 weight classes for the girls to compete in- I will fight for all of us and we will make them give the women the same opportunities the men are being given! If you look at the 135lbs division only @sarahkaufmanmma fought her entire career at 135, all of the other women were either forced up from 125 or pushed down from 145 to create this division of 135. I will fight at 145lbs so other girls will have the opportunity!!! It's great seeing promoters realize the potential and support the division by putting @marloescoenen on their broadcast, this is a great step! There are women for me to fight IN MY OWN division and with support the talent will continue to develop. If you build it they will come (or return)! It was a dream come true fighting in my hometown of Curitiba and it would be a dream come true to finally call my World Title an @ufc championship for the women's featherweight division. If it is god's blessings I will step back into the octagon again after defending my @invictafc title! Those of you asking if I will return to 140 to face holly, Miesha, or Ronda in the @ufc...I want to make the exciting fights the fans want to see, however I feel I have a bigger responsibility for the history of the sport, but after defending my belt I will sit with my team and see what superfights the @ufc is willing to make and if it is something MY FANS want, I am willing to make the weight again! Always Glory to God!!!!! Please share if you support women's MMA!

Combat Submission Wrestling World Headquarters

No-Gi Judo| One week from today is our next monthly meeting for Judo! Saturday May 21st, 12:30pm. It is still currently open to anyone interested in learning Judo without a Gi. ****PLEASE review your falling before coming!!! For more information call 714-726-0134 or email cswfullerton@gmail.com. 

Ronda Rousey Retirement Talk Heating Up

Rumor on the streets is that Ronda Rousey plans on retiring after fighting Meisha Tate for the belt in November. Our TRUSTED source passed this along. “She is deep in love right now with Travis and wants to have a family right away. She doesn’t care about a rematch with Holly Holm, but knows she can beat Meisha.” With Cyborg around she better stay as far away from that octagon as possible.-TO 

http://terezowens.com/ronda-rousey-retirement-talk/

nterested parties should contact blevick@titanfighting.com