Women don't belong in MMA

Alumynabjj -  How the fuck was that armbar telegraphed? LOL, it was quick as fuck you retard.

Well, as soon as Rousey mounts someone, you gotta know what's coming. LOL! Phone Post

Authority Figure - Always competitive? Are you fucking kidding me? Pride and UFC were not "always competitive". There were a number of one fight wonders, non punchers, people with no ground skills etc etc. It wasn't that long ago that the UFC's talent pool was so shallow that the same cotdamn fighters competed against each other regularly - - because NO ONE else was polished enough to put in front of a PPV for a growing sport.

Yeah I think they were more than competitive. Have you forgotten the cross promotions? Let's not even talk about the legitimacy of some fights in Pride or how their mainstay roster has fared in the UFC.

Different topic though. We're talking about the handful of women that somehow justify their legitimacy in the mainstream sport.

God Bless Tim Tebow - Women do belong in MMA. Some of the most exciting fights involve the women!

Only because there's no decent competition. Mismatches are hardly professional.

so they are a little behind men's mma as far as technique, and this is surprising since women's role in society tends to disclude fighting physically. but i find many of their fights entertaining, at the top level at least, and ultimately, that is what matters in entertainment, if you are entertained (are you not?).

^ So they should headline SF cards?

Undercards or feeder organizations make sense until they can defend an armbar.

Stache - Dana was right. When a judoka keeps telegraphing her way through tittle defences by armbar, it's time to consider the fact that the women's game is at least a decade behind the men's.

Let them learn some basic grappling before they fight on main cards, let alone headline.

Stop making threads/being a person. Phone Post

Stache - ^ So they should headline SF cards?

if they are entertaining enough, sure why not.

as if defending a rousey armbar is a small task, like paying attention in your bjj class. she has been training that her whole life, and is strong as hell. no women's mma is not at the same level as mens. but i don't see how this matters. people watch mma for how techniques match up and the personality and character of the fighters. some women in mma fulfill this. it is also something different to watch, to mix it up a little.

They really arent that good

At least someone else isn't afraid to admit the obvious.

gillyoteen -
God Bless Tim Tebow - Women do belong in MMA. Some of the most exciting fights involve the women!

+1

I have been a huge supporter of female mma for years and threads like these used to get me angry but at this point we've won the war

what a great night of fights

female mma is here to stay and there is nothing you can do about it, threadstarter and your kind, go cry some more :)

Well said. Phone Post

I can't believe there is actually more than one thread like this. Fuck I've time traveled into the 60s but with the internet!

Anyone remember who won the Superbowl this year? I might make a bet. Phone Post

ASBELTOMATO - 
Stache - ^ So they should headline SF cards?

if they are entertaining enough, sure why not.

as if defending a rousey armbar is a small task, like paying attention in your bjj class. she has been training that her whole life, and is strong as hell. no women's mma is not at the same level as mens. but i don't see how this matters. people watch mma for how techniques match up and the personality and character of the fighters. some women in mma fulfill this. it is also something different to watch, to mix it up a little.

i think you are greatly mistaken on why people watch mma. many of the hardcore here my watch to see how techniques match up.

but most of the people just watch to see good fights. they want to see the best in the world. womens sports in general don't get watched because they are not on the same level as the men. people watch someones like brock an are like damn that monster would kill me. so they are impressed watching him fight. now those same people see ronda or any other woman an they really are not impressed. she could be the best woman fighter of all time an 90% of the men would not be impressed an feel assured they could beat her ass.

this is why womens mma will never make it and would hurt the ufc if they ever made it there

Male insecurity runs strong on this thread!!

kinson - 
gillyoteen -

+1

I have been a huge supporter of female mma for years and threads like these used to get me angry but at this point we've won the war

what a great night of fights

female mma is here to stay and there is nothing you can do about it, threadstarter and your kind, go cry some more :)

Well said. Phone Post

Completely agree!

^ Exactly. There's barely enough for one IFL team.

1911Bob - 

Stache, do you like balls? Phone Post

I always find it HILARIOUS that guys who enjoy watching women get the SHIT KICK OUT OF THEM, accuse men who don't enjoy watching women with swollen, bloody faces get their heads smashed in of being gay or hating women.................................hhhmmmmmmmm...

Kaufman didnt look like a BJJ brown belt last night

By having women fight in the UFC they would massively increase female recruitment to become fighters, thus raising the level of quality at the very top. Cause & effect.

I do declare that OP may be a latent homosexual. Phone Post

womens mma just needs some type of progess.

Male mma was just as bad in the early ufc's. Guys were getting knocked out and submitted in the first 20 seconds of each fight.

I dont think female mma is ready for the ufc yet, but it would be nice to keep it at strikeforce until it can get deeper and more competitve.

Stache -
Authority Figure - So 10 years ago you would have shut down the UFC.

Not at all the same. The UFC was always competitive with Pride.

People watch women fight today for the historical significance, not the skill level. I suppose org's like Invicta are okay until there is a decent standard established but let's be honest about them belonging on mainstream cards.

The women that fight in Strike Force have ten times the skill level that you do. I'm willing to bet a lot of money on that. Phone Post