Women don't belong in MMA

lookoutawhale -  womens mma just needs some type of progess.

Male mma was just as bad in the early ufc's. Guys were getting knocked out and submitted in the first 20 seconds of each fight.

I dont think female mma is ready for the ufc yet, but it would be nice to keep it at strikeforce until it can get deeper and more competitve.

There was almost no blueprint to follow in the early UFCs.

Meanwhile, the women have now had almost 18 years of a blueprint to follow and what works and what doesn't and how to advance it or negate it and they're STILL terrible and one-dimensional.

Chuck Kongo - Meanwhile, the women have now had almost 18 years of a blueprint to follow and what works and what doesn't and how to advance it or negate it and they're STILL terrible and one-dimensional.

Precisely.

Women just aren't cut out for fighting. They should be doing gymnastics, not punching each other in the face. It goes against their nurturing nature.

WhiskyJars - id much rather watch some hungry women fight on the main card
then watch clay guida , jake shields or jon fitch fight

Fact! Phone Post

^ That's only because it's a freakshow.

There's a reason women's hockey is non-contact. If God had wanted women to hit each other, he would have made them physically stronger.

cross3dout - Shut the fuck up Phone Post

. Phone Post

Stache - ^ That's only because it's a freakshow.

There's a reason women's hockey is non-contact. If God had wanted women to hit each other, he would have made them physically stronger.

LOL @ If god wanted!

Jeeeeeshhhhhhhhhhhh

Religion now THATS a freakshow!!!!

I think OP means UFC, not MMA

You know how most "fans" consider UFC=MMA...

A_Butler - The women that fight in Strike Force have ten times the skill level that you do. I'm willing to bet a lot of money on that.

What kind of logic is that?

You know I'm right. That's why the people who disagree only respond with ad hominem insults, rather than logic. I bring FACTS based on what's actually happening in the sport.

Stache - ^ That's only because it's a freakshow.

I think "freakshow" is much too strong a word.

I prefer "novelty act".

The fact that almost no one gives a shit about women's mma in any significant way UNLESS there is a FAP worthy chick on the top of the mountain (i.e. a Gina, Rhonda) tells you all you need to know about women's mma and it's credibility and fanbase.

Here is a bit of a past article with Miesha Tate....

Miesha Tate: Dana White is ignorant (about women's MMA)

source: pennyjomma.net

Strikeforce held a media call with main event heavyweights Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson, as well as women’s bantamweight champion Marloes Coenen and number one women’s bantamweight contender Miesha Tate.

With the UFC’s purchase of Strikeforce the females must be feeling added pressure to impress UFC president Dana White. In an interview with the MMA2DAY Show right before the announced purchase, Miesha Tate stated Dana White was ignorant. She was not using the word in a derogatory way but rather in its true form. She explained as far as her knowledge White does not watch female fights at all. Indicating he had only watched one, ever.

During the conference call Penny Buffington executive producer of MMA2DAY Show asked Miesha to explain?

"I just feel he's not informed, therefore he doesn't know enough about women's MMA to make a judgment call about it at this point. I feel with the purchase of Strikeforce, he's going to be paying closer attention to it. With that in the back of my mind, it's not really added pressure. I always hate that [term]. It has negative connotation to it. To me, it's extra motivation."

"I feel it's exciting because now, I'm going to have that opportunity to say, 'Hey Dana, this is what women's MMA is all about. This is what you've been missing out in the UFC,'" Tate said. "I just hope Marloes and myself go out there and put on a very impressive performance."

Chuck Kongo - I think "freakshow" is much too strong a word.

I prefer "novelty act".

The fact that almost no one gives a shit about women's mma in any significant way UNLESS there is a FAP worthy chick on the top of the mountain (i.e. a Gina, Rhonda) tells you all you need to know about women's mma and it's credibility and fanbase.

Maybe you're right, freakshow is a little strong. It's more like mixed mud wrestling.

Small talent pool + wotld class judoka = world mma champ.

It's just Royce Gracie all over again but for girls.

Pennyjomma, I don't think Dana is going to change his opinion after Saturday night.

pulsar - Small talent pool + wotld class judoka = world mma champ.

It's just Royce Gracie all over again but for girls.

Exactly. The first 5 UFC's were unwatchable because of it.

Id like to see a UG poll of how many people care about MMA

'unwatchable'? Can't agree with that, at all.

Stache -
Chuck Kongo - Meanwhile, the women have now had almost 18 years of a blueprint to follow and what works and what doesn't and how to advance it or negate it and they're STILL terrible and one-dimensional.

Precisely.

Women just aren't cut out for fighting. They should be doing gymnastics, not punching each other in the face. It goes against their nurturing nature.

I think it's sad that this kind of close minded thinking still exists in 2012.

And just for the record, I agree with a lot of what you say. They need time to build a bigger division, but it does seem unfair to not even consider giving them a chance based on their sex.

Filthy mudder out. Phone Post

pulsar -  'unwatchable'? Can't agree with that, at all.

Besides serving to introduce BJJ, the first few were like toughman contests, c'mon. Shamrock didn't even know what was going on in his first fight with Royce.

osiriss - 
MMAxNate -  OP enjoys long walks on the beach, cosmopolitans, bubblebaths, puppies, and the occasional cock down his throat.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha Phone Post

One dimensional fighters can make for entertaining fights.