Wonderboy Q&A Wed noon ET

Bisping=StillGatekeeper4Life - Outside MMA, what sports do to enjoy watching? Phone Post 3.0
I like the sports with contact so def football. I don't watch a lot of it but I enjoy it Phone Post 3.0

zackthewops#1fan - Tell us about the legend that is Ray Thompson? How has he influenced you as a martial artist? fighter? And human being? Phone Post 3.0
Hahaha well my good ole pops started martial arts at 18 years of age and competed kick boxing most of his fight career and fought in one of the first full contact competitions where there were no rules. Well you couldn't kill your opponent but that was in the early 80s haha Phone Post 3.0

ilovetortillas - What are your thoughts on UFC newcomer Sage Northcutt?
I think sage is a good fighter and has a good positive crew behind him! He will go far I believe. But if I were to give him some advice I would tell him not to jump up the class to fast. Take it slow and be smart with who he fights next. Not to make the mistake I did and fight a good fighter like Matt brown your second fight hahah Phone Post 3.0

lugubrious - Hey Stephen, I'm a fan, But if you don't have an opponent yet how do you think your striking matches up with a guy like Tumenov?
Tumenov is a tough fighter and an experienced fighter. With good stand up obviously if you saw his last fight with alan! But his striking is pretty basic what I mean is he doesn't do anything really crazy. So maybe a lil easier to see what's coming. And looks like he can be countered as well. Of course I can say all that and be totally different when your actually in the cage with him. Lol but I like to watch him fight Phone Post 3.0

rnunz - How much standup do you train vs ground and wrestling? Phone Post 3.0
I focus on mostly Bjj and wrestling bc I feel I came into the game fairly late in my fight career and have a lot of catching up to do compared to the top guys in my weight class. Phone Post 3.0

WWBRD - How much has training with weidman given you more confidence just on your standing techniques as opposed to before? Phone Post 3.0
Man!! Training with Chris Weidman has given me so much confidence in the octagon with my wrestling and striking! To have him taking you down and me trying to defend him off is like impossible for me but to have someone soo skilled and strong it's like there is no 170 That compares Phone Post 3.0

Gerbacio - If you could go back and do anything different what would it be?

Big fan me and some friend from where I train at great grappling Bjj in fort mill sc where talking about visiting your gym one day! Keep rocking the Karate torch (even my friends back home in Puerto Rico are fans) Phone Post 3.0
Probably go back and do my weight cut differently before the Matt brown fight. And would love to have you guys come do some training with us Phone Post 3.0

RickStorm -

Thanks for doing Q&A, and welcome to the UG

Only got 2 questions....

1. Who is your dream fight? Someone youve looked up to and think it would be an honor to get in cage with.

2. What's your opinion of the Reebok sponsorship?

Thanks again!

Haha thanks man and I would love to step in the octagon with good ole chuck Liddell. Just bc he was a stand up guy and we both have a similar back ground Phone Post 3.0

Throwin'Knuckles - Stephen who was your favorite fighter? And when was the first time you watched an MMA fight?
Hahah well as a kid I watch the Ufc from the beginning and even went to Ufc 2 or 3 in Charlotte South Carolina.. It was awesome. And my favorite fight in those days was tank abbot Phone Post 3.0

TFK Bro Lo El Cuñado -

Mr. Thompson, would you be able to make 155? I'd love to see you vs. Sage or Daron.

Hahaha omg I feel like I would have to cut off a leg to get Down to that weight lol but I think it would be an exciting fight Phone Post 3.0

Switchheadkick - If you could wheel kick anyone in the face (past or present) who would it be and why?

Keep it up my man title shot not too far away for you! Phone Post 3.0
Hahaha well I don't have anyone in particular but would like to land another head kick when I fight for the title Phone Post 3.0

What is your walk around weight? (outside of fight camp)

What is your favorite submission?

What sort of Strength and Conditioning do you do, is it any heavy weight lifting? Or do you stick to a more boot camp / body weight resistance type work out?

Wonderboy - 
RickStorm -

Thanks for doing Q&A, and welcome to the UG

Only got 2 questions....

1. Who is your dream fight? Someone youve looked up to and think it would be an honor to get in cage with.

2. What's your opinion of the Reebok sponsorship?

Thanks again!

Haha thanks man and I would love to step in the octagon with good ole chuck Liddell. Just bc he was a stand up guy and we both have a similar back ground Phone Post 3.0

wow.. how awesome to spar/fight Chuck..

hey thanks again, hope you come back and hang out here once in awhile

cant wait to see you back inside the cage 

hey wonderboy

how big is your peepee?

any regrets about the nickname now that you are over 30?  kind of reminds me of the Melvin Guillard situation. The young assassin isn't so young anymore.

What was your pro mma debut like?

And poof he vanished Phone Post 3.0

Wonderboy -
WWBRD - How much has training with weidman given you more confidence just on your standing techniques as opposed to before? Phone Post 3.0
Man!! Training with Chris Weidman has given me so much confidence in the octagon with my wrestling and striking! To have him taking you down and me trying to defend him off is like impossible for me but to have someone soo skilled and strong it's like there is no 170 That compares Phone Post 3.0
Absolutely. Training with arguably the best middleweight in history, a stud wrestler, and a giant man has got to give you so much confidence In a fight over any other wrestler at 170 that's looking to take you down and molest you. Good luck to you dude. VU. Phone Post 3.0

Wonderboy -
xaeo - Are you jealous of sage northcutt's flips? Phone Post 3.0
Nah!! I would challenge him in a flip off any day hahah. But for real he is legit Phone Post 3.0
The MMA world needs to see this! Phone Post 3.0

He seems like a genuinely good guy. Phone Post 3.0