Woodley: Things in Ferguson not going to end well

Strykr619 - 
Santo Amaro - 
Strykr619 - 
MisterHawkeMMA - 

Can't believe so many people are on the cop's side. I don't care if he ran, rushed him, shoplifted, punched him, tried to get the gun, or whatever... there's absolutely ZERO excuse for a police officer to take 10 shots at a person on their knees mid surrender!

LOL at then shots, Get back to me when a man 6 inches and 60 lbs heavier then you smashes your orbital bone, while he is going for your gun...

Reality check, attack a cop = expect to be shot.

Facts. Lets wait for them. You have no idea what transpired.

I will tell you this, The fact that they HAVEN'T rushed to prosecute this guy yet speaks VOLUMES. Oh and the orbital bone fracture was leaked out by nursing staff at the hospital the cop was treated at to the media...

"The fact that they HAVEN'T rushed to prosecute this guy yet speaks VOLUMES."

Yeah, that they are covering up a murder.

So it's not odd that the only information coming out in the days following the shooting were selected to show that Brown was some "thug."
The video which had nothing to do with the shooting (the police chief even stated the cop didn't know about the theft)
Not releasing their autopsy except for the fact that Brown had marijuana in his system.
No police report regarding the shooting until weeks later, which was pretty much blank, with no information

Since when does anyone involved in a shooting which results in a death not get arrested?
He (cop) was even allowed to leave the area!

regarding the prosecutor that the community wants removed:
"McCulloch refused to prosecute two white officers in 2001 who may have improperly killed two black drug suspects"

"McCulloch’s own police officer father was killed by an African American suspect in 1964, when he was 12 years old"

Now that the story has died down, I'm amazed at how much misinformation has permeated the public on both sides after reading this thread. Phone Post 3.0

That cop will face no charges and rightly so Phone Post 3.0

Don't ever EVER expect a cop or armed citizen to "shoot to subdue" or fire a warning shot EVER. You never fire the gun unless you have determined life or serious bodily harm is an imminent threat, and you shoot to stop the threat (kill).

You never warn or "shoot the thigh or leg". So all you assholes who constantly suggest that on these threads just STFU because that's never going to happen and you sound like clueless idiots for suggesting it.

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

Santo Amaro -

So lets get this straight. If someone resists arrest shoot to kill?

I would suggest using lethal force if your life is in danger. And that does not mean feeling threatened. That means your life is in danger.

If you feel threatened and want to puss out like a bitch perhaps fire a warning shot or maybe shoot the guy in the foot/leg/arm/ - many things before unloading a clip into someone who you feel "threatened" by. Anyhow I'm outa here... thread should be about how positive Woodley is for MMA and Ferguson not defending violence

^^^has never shot a gun in his life nor has he had any firearms training. So many things wrong with what you just said Phone Post 3.0

46and2 - Don't ever EVER expect a cop or armed citizen to "shoot to subdue" or fire a warning shot EVER. You never fire the gun unless you have determined life or serious bodily harm is an imminent threat, and you shoot to stop the threat (kill).

You never warn or "shoot the thigh or leg". So all you assholes who constantly suggest that on these threads just STFU because that's never going to happen and you sound like clueless idiots for suggesting it.

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0
thank god someone has some sense Phone Post 3.0

brixx139 -
46and2 - Don't ever EVER expect a cop or armed citizen to "shoot to subdue" or fire a warning shot EVER. You never fire the gun unless you have determined life or serious bodily harm is an imminent threat, and you shoot to stop the threat (kill).

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0
thank god someone has some sense Phone Post 3.0
Thanks. I expect lots of vote downs for that post, but these people that suggest such things don't realize what the training and "rules" for firing your weapon are all about...

Nor do they realize its not as easy as Hollywood makes it look to fire a round into someone's leg without fear of hitting someone or something you don't want to hit! Phone Post 3.0

46and2 - Don't ever EVER expect a cop or armed citizen to "shoot to subdue" or fire a warning shot EVER. You never fire the gun unless you have determined life or serious bodily harm is an imminent threat, and you shoot to stop the threat (kill).

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

Voted Up.

we'll probably never know the whole truth on what happened in the michael brown incident so my comment isn't specifically towards that incident but could have played a part in it.

most of the people commenting on this probably never heard of ferguson before this incident. i lived in ferguson for 5 years and i saw the cops harass and fuck with people on a daily basis. they were fucking egomaniacs who thought they were above anyone who didn't wear a badge. they were dick heads for no reason and couldn't give a rats ass about anyone but themselves.

Atlee - To the people defending the cop how do you defend shooting a subdued kid, i believe it was 6 times ? If he was andre the giants size one slug to the thigh would've done the job Phone Post 3.0
Except that cops are not trained to shoot legs Phone Post 3.0

Do any of you saying shoot the leg have any experience in live fire situation ? Not the range ? Cuz that's fucking impossible , it's not the damn movies. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0
So green light to kill if somebody "feels" threatened. At 5'7 i can feel threatened by anyone over 5'10 time to take the gene pool down for these 6 ft giants. Feels like the old south park episode logic, "its coming right at me!!!" Phone Post 3.0

Somebody show me the article or testimony where brown supposedly continued toward the cop after already being shot. He had weed in his system not PCP some people will believe anything they glanced at on fb. Phone Post 3.0

lifeaftrprison - Do any of you saying shoot the leg have any experience in live fire situation ? Not the range ? Cuz that's fucking impossible , it's not the damn movies. Phone Post 3.0
If an officer cant hit leg with 6 bullets fired they need to start reconsidering their firearm training. Im still waiting on a valid defense for emptying his gun. Last i checked one bullet anywhere is going to take the fight out of 99% of people. Phone Post 3.0

trobinson21 - 
PunkGuy - All the witnesses ON RECORD have said:

1. there was an altercation at the cops window
some said Brown was trying to pull away

2. there was a shot fired at the car
3. Brown started to run away
4. Wilson (cop) got out and started firing
5. Brown was either hit or turned because of shots
6. Brown put hands up
7. Wilson continued firing

Any so-called witnesses saying Brown "charged" at the cop seem to be mysterious radio callers that happen to know someone who knows someone else, who knows a cop who knows Wilson.
Not credible.

If he had his hands up why wasn't he shot under his arm instead of the front bicep? Also, the "witness" said the officer grabbed Mike and pulled him into his car. Why in Earth would a policeman pull you into the driver seat? Finally, if you listen to the audio of the video of him laying on the ground, the other witness said Mike turned around and went back at the officer.

All of your "facts" are as good as my 'facts" it's all unknown, I do know he patrolled that city for over 6 years and never even assaulted anyone yet you folks believe he woke up that morning wanting to kill a black kid.

Some people's internal thought process is flawed by the angst they have for police because of the authority they represent. Phone Post 3.0

"If he had his hands up why wasn't he shot under his arm instead of the front bicep?"

Dr. Biden press conference:
"8:11 AM PT: Says shot to lower arm "consistent" with either facing away or having arms up to surrender."

"Also, the "witness" said the officer grabbed Mike and pulled him into his car. Why in Earth would a policeman pull you into the driver seat?"

Pulled into car doesn't necessarily mean, he's laying on the cop. Could mean his upper body only.

Keep in mind, the witness said when they were walking (before the entire incident), the cop said:
"get the fuck on the sidewalk”

not exactly de-escalating the situation.

"the other witness said Mike turned around and went back at the officer."

One guy's statement, versus 4 others saying he didn't move. Plus that guy didn't say he charged at the officer. Listen to those gunshots and you'll see there's no way he could've "charged."

"I do know he patrolled that city for over 6 years and never even assaulted anyone"

You know that for a fact?
"The small city of Jennings, Mo., had a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it. Everyone in the Jennings police department was fired. New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch.

That was three years ago. One of the officers who worked in that department, and lost his job along with everyone else, was a young man named Darren Wilson."

So I guess you're wrong with your "I do know he patrolled that city for over 6 years..."

"Schottel got another unpleasant surprise when he sought the use-of-force history of the officers involved. He learned that before a new chief took over in 2010 the department had a surprising protocol for non-fatal use-of-force reports.

“The officer himself could complete it and give it to the supervisor for his approval,” the prior chief, Thomas Moonier, testified in a deposition. “I would read it. It would be placed in my out basket, and my secretary would probably take it and put it with the case file.”

No copy was made for the officer’s personnel file.

“Everything involved in an incident would generally be with the police report,” Moonier said. “I don’t know what they maintain in personnel files.”

“Who was in charge of personnel files, of maintaining them?” Schottel asked.

“I have no idea,” Moonier said. “I believe City Hall, but I don’t know.”

Judge Dredd is from the comics not real life. All these white folks supporting what happened in Ferguson are disgusting. The Police are not authorized to carry out sentencing through the Barrell of a gun. PERIOD Phone Post 3.0

Gerkin - 
Atlee - To the people defending the cop how do you defend shooting a subdued kid, i believe it was 6 times ? If he was andre the giants size one slug to the thigh would've done the job Phone Post 3.0
Except that cops are not trained to shoot legs Phone Post 3.0

Much like the military, police are trained to shoot center mass. Excepting a cop to shoot at a limb is the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

It's pretty simple. Don't be a low life piece of shit and you won't have to worry about the cops, no matter what race you are.

Atlee -
lifeaftrprison - Do any of you saying shoot the leg have any experience in live fire situation ? Not the range ? Cuz that's fucking impossible , it's not the damn movies. Phone Post 3.0
If an officer cant hit leg with 6 bullets fired they need to start reconsidering their firearm training. Im still waiting on a valid defense for emptying his gun. Last i checked one bullet anywhere is going to take the fight out of 99% of people. Phone Post 3.0
Not a cop but have taken several handgun courses, including home defense.

We heard multiple stories of "bad guys" taking multiple hits and still coming forward. Some were out of their head on drugs, most are on nothing more than adrenaline. Hell, I have buddy whose dad was popped and still got his hands on the guy that shot him. Instructors cautioned about getting 9mm and smaller because of its lack of stopping ability.

Adrenaline is also the reason that cops often miss many of their shots fired. And also why cops frequently shoot more than the average person would think is warranted. They freak the hell out. As much as we all want to believe that cops are unbelivable shots they very, very rarely fire while on duty and are scared, in an unfamiliar situation, and jacked on adrenaline.

Liken to training BJJ, MT, whatever- you can drill all you want but often we don't perform the same come the comp. now ratchet the stakes up to life or death.

And perhaps someone in law enforcement can confirm but I am also under the impression that they are trained to shoot center mass. Phone Post 3.0

mcq - 
Atlee -
Not a cop but have taken several handgun courses, including home defense.

We heard multiple stories of "bad guys" taking multiple hits and still coming forward. Some were out of their head on drugs, most are on nothing more than adrenaline. Hell, I have buddy whose dad was popped and still got his hands on the guy that shot him. Instructors cautioned about getting 9mm and smaller because of its lack of stopping ability.

Adrenaline is also the reason that cops often miss many of their shots fired. And also why cops frequently shoot more than the average person would think is warranted. They freak the hell out. As much as we all want to believe that cops are unbelivable shots they very, very rarely fire while on duty and are scared, in an unfamiliar situation, and jacked on adrenaline.

Liken to training BJJ, MT, whatever- you can drill all you want but often we don't perform the same come the comp. now ratchet the stakes up to life or death.

And perhaps someone in law enforcement can confirm but I am also under the impression that they are trained to shoot center mass. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, they are trained to shoot center mass unless it is believed the suspect is wearing body armor. In which case, two to the chest, one to the head. You never shoot at limbs.

Something we should all keep in mind is until more true facts come out we are all making judgements (consciously and sub-consciously) based on our personal experiences and a relatively small pool of info.

Some of us will tend to think that the cop was just and Brown was a no good thug. Others will think Brown was mindin his own business and the cop was a trigger happy dick who liked to bully people. Phone Post 3.0