WORLD MIXED MARTIAL ARTS RANKINGS

shanoknowsmma - Also need fight photos of the following fighters...

Masayoshi Kato 3-0-1
114lbs 5'6" (Cobra Kai MMA Dojo)

Teppei Masuda 5-3-1
114-123lbs 5'4" (Cobra Kai MMA Dojo)

Hiroyuki Kondo 3-2-1
114lbs (Jiu-Jitsu Brother)

Yoshitaka Aki 2-2
114lbs 5'4" (Andreios)

Keisuke Kurata 5-8-1
114-123lbs 5'6" (ALIVE Makkari)

Atsushi Mochizuki 2-4
114lbs 5'4" (Paraestra Sapporo)

Masanobu Mori 2-2-2
113lbs 5'4" (Nascer do Sol)

Tomohiko Yoshida 6-7-1
114lbs 5'3" (G-Free)

Hayato "Cat" Sato 2-6-1
114-124lbs 5'7" (Paraestra Matsudo)

Hiroaki Takezawa 2-5
114lbs 5'5" (RJW G2)

Kenya Kato 2-5-1
114lbs 5'5" (ALIVE)

Yu Shi 2-0
1??lbs (Motion Academy)

Sean Hall 3-1
125lbs (???)

John Moraga 6-0
125lbs 5'6" (Arizona Combat Sports)

Phil "Billy" Harris (England) 19-9 1 NC
125lbs (???)

Marco Beltran (Mexico?) 4-0
135lbs (???)

Bill Boland 5-0
135lbs (Franco Behring)

Yusaku Nakamura 3-0
135lbs 5'5" (Style)

Thanks for any help!

Are there no fighters on here who would like to have their photo featured?

Combat Sport Fan - Shanoknowsmma i dont know if you could help me out on a thread i made. Its a Flyweight Hype thread. Maybe post your top ten flyweights and a synopsis of the division?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1728811&page=1&pc=14

Trying to get some talk of the division on here im sure the UFC looks at the forum if fans demand it and fighters like benevidez demand it it will happen.

Already have one...

Who Would Win a Bellator 125lb 8-Man Tourney?

But sure, would be glad to!

shanoknowsmma - Also need fight photos of the following fighters...

Masayoshi Kato 3-0-1
114lbs 5'6" (Cobra Kai MMA Dojo)

Teppei Masuda 5-3-1
114-123lbs 5'4" (Cobra Kai MMA Dojo)

Hiroyuki Kondo 3-2-1
114lbs (Jiu-Jitsu Brother)

Yoshitaka Aki 2-2
114lbs 5'4" (Andreios)

Keisuke Kurata 5-8-1
114-123lbs 5'6" (ALIVE Makkari)

Atsushi Mochizuki 2-4
114lbs 5'4" (Paraestra Sapporo)

Masanobu Mori 2-2-2
113lbs 5'4" (Nascer do Sol)

Tomohiko Yoshida 6-7-1
114lbs 5'3" (G-Free)

Hayato "Cat" Sato 2-6-1
114-124lbs 5'7" (Paraestra Matsudo)

Hiroaki Takezawa 2-5
114lbs 5'5" (RJW G2)

Kenya Kato 2-5-1
114lbs 5'5" (ALIVE)

Yu Shi 2-0
1??lbs (Motion Academy)

Sean Hall 3-1
125lbs (???)

John Moraga 6-0
125lbs 5'6" (Arizona Combat Sports)

Phil "Billy" Harris (England) 19-9 1 NC
125lbs (???)

Marco Beltran (Mexico?) 4-0
135lbs (???)

Bill Boland 5-0
135lbs (Franco Behring)

Yusaku Nakamura 3-0
135lbs 5'5" (Style)

Thanks for any help!

Am currently adding photos to all the lists...will be updating fighter's records as i go along.

VTFD forever

If you are ignored it's because you are being ignored.

bsrizpac - lol@this dildo

TROLL - 
bsrizpac - lol@this dildo (which i say because i have the mentality of a twelve year old girl on the rag)

Maybe you guys need to go join the forum for GUYS WHO ACT LIKE BICHIZZ ON THE RAG?

This thread is only for hard core MMA enthusiasts. 

Future Stars & Rising Prospects: The Middleweights

HOT MW Prospect!

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20101002091211_827Q69132.JPG

Chris Weidman http://www.flags.net/images/smallflags/UNST0001.GIF 3-0

185lbs 6'0" (Serra-Longo Fight Team)

Hmmm, very interesting. Was Sudo a TOP TEN LW contender, when he fought him?
Could be you got something here! ...uh! Not quite...he had no other TOP TEN LW opponents in that time span.

Sorry buddy! But non-contenders do not count for defending the linear title....only counts if someone beats them.
But since it is won by the top 2 contenders fighting for it, then it must be defended against a top contender.

Combat Sport Fan - 
shanoknowsmma - Hmmm, very interesting. Was Sudo a TOP TEN LW contender, when he fought him?
Could be you got something here! ...uh! Not quite...he had no other TOP TEN LW opponents in that time span.

Sorry buddy! But non-contenders do not count for defending the linear title....only counts if someone beats them.
But since it is won by the top 2 contenders fighting for it, then it must be defended against a top contender.

You have to many rules to make this simple linear equation....Gray Maynard is the linear champ and you know it!

I just refuse to acknowledge lineage that ends in Aoki because that title will not be defended against top ten opponents because he wont leave japan to doit. American Lightweights are bigger stronger faster. Essentially he will keep this title forever because he doesnt want to be embarrassed to fight under the accepted rules of mma not Japanese special aoki rules.

Now i understand you dont actually think Aoki is the best in the world. But he wont fight top fighters in japan when they all want to fight in the states. Even Melendez has been jabbering about fighting the UFC's best. Doubt strikeforce will be able to hold him much longer. Japanese Competition has been suspect for along time now. Yea Americans like Alvarez go over there but i am always suspicious of why he wont sign a fight contract with the UFC. Hes an american and its rare these days for the best americans to not want to fight in the UFC. If he beats melendez hes a top fighter but who knows if this fight will happen. Strikeforce generally gets the aging stars and up and comers.

Excuse me but, i believe Aoki has been begging Melendez to come fight him in Japan!
As far as i know Melendez is supposed to fight in Japan next.

Por favor, Suporte Will Ribeiro! /

Please Support Will Ribeiro!

My Friend, Will Ribeiro,

Please know that my heart goes out to you. If i could i would do much more than just posting to an MMA forum. But, for now, this is all i can do. But i will get the word out for you, as much as i can.

What i want to suggest is that Mr.Dana White, and the Fertitta brothers, as owners of Zuffa, the UFC, and the WEC, have a special event just for fighters like you. Not only to help those that are injured but, to start a fund that will help future victims of serious injury - in or out of the fighting arena.

It's amazing athletes like yourself that we even exist to make people like them very successful. Without the fighters we have no sport. Without your devotion to training and dedication to the most grueling of all sporting events, we have nothing.

Fighters like you are the reason any of us are here. Not only do you entertain & thrill us you also inspire us.

God bless you, and i pray for your body to heal, and for your life to return to normal.

Your friend,

shano

Please Support Will Ribeiro!

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs226.ash2/49150_100000546677940_4826623_n.jpghttp://mrjamesryan.com/wp-content/themes/Basic/timthumb.php?src=/mrjamesryan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/will-ribs.jpg&h=190&w=190&q=100&zc=1

WEC fighter, wrecked on a motorcycle, spent 4 months battling for his life in acoma, his team turned his back he has no money, no mom and dad to help him, doctors said hes lucky to even be alive and said he wouldnt be able to walk again and he is, lost 50 percent of his vision, will never ever be able to fight again, all hopes and dreams are gone. cant even get treatment. HELP WILL TODAY!

Visit Mr.JamesRyan.com

_

Meu amigo, Will Ribeiro,

Por favor, saibam que meu coração está com você. Se eu pudesse eu faria muito mais do que apenas postar em um fórum de MMA. Mas, por agora, isso é tudo que eu posso fazer. Mas eu vou passar a palavra para você, tanto quanto eu puder.

O que eu quero sugerir é que Mr.Dana Branco, e os irmãos Fertitta, como proprietários de Zuffa, a UFC e WEC, tem um evento especial só para os lutadores como você. Não só para ajudar aqueles que estão feridos, mas, para iniciar um fundo que ajudará futuras vítimas de lesões graves - dentro ou fora da arena de combate.

É incrível como você atletas que ainda existem para fazer as pessoas gostarem delas muito bem sucedida. Sem os lutadores não temos nenhum esporte. Sem a sua dedicação à formação e à dedicação aos mais cruéis de todos os eventos esportivos, não temos nada.

Lutadores como você é a razão pela qual qualquer um de nós aqui. Não só você entreter e emocionar-nos também nos inspiram.

Deus abençoe você, e eu rezo para o seu corpo para curar, e para sua vida voltar ao normal.

Seu amigo,

Shano

It makes me chuckle every time i hear MMA journalists refer to sherdog's rankings as though they were the OFFICIAL rankings for MMA.

With all due respect, i admire Jeff Sherwood as a pioneer and advocate of the sport. His database is 2nd to none and i have the deepest respect for much of what his site has to offer. But...

...sherdog's rankings have only been posted since 2004...a good 6 years after i started posting mine.

Also, their rankings are voted upon by a panel, and are thus subject to bias...which basically means they are based on popularity and talent.

Whereas, my rankings are based on WHO-BEAT-WHO, and are linear, since i started keeping lists and rankings since 1998.

Sherdog's rankings aren't terrible but they also cannot qualify as true WORLD CONTENDER RANKINGS.

They're more political than anything. Just as Boxing rankings, they are based on who the pundits think are the best and most deserving.

So, although they mean well, they are subjectively inferior and merely a popularity/talent contest.

To learn more about what true contender rankings are, go here... 

WHAT ARE TOP TEN RANKINGS?

http://smartcanucks.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/for_dummies.gif

Combat Sport Fan - how do you see dreams featherweight division...its kindof inbetween bantam and us feather....that will end soon though when they bump it to 143

How do i see what, exactly? Can you be a little more specific.

Jake Shields is not the number 2 contender for any belt.

mijo - Jake Shields is not the number 2 contender for any belt.

Says who?

Combat Sport Fan - 
shanoknowsmma - 
Combat Sport Fan - how do you see dreams featherweight division...its kindof inbetween bantam and us feather....that will end soon though when they bump it to 143

How do i see what, exactly? Can you be a little more specific.

more asking how do you rank these guyss. They are inbetween bantam and feather so its alittle hard to judge them. Kindof a dumb weight for dream to pick when everyother org uses the 143-145 and 135 for bantam and feather

If they're like 136.5 or whatever it is, i generally will go with BW or whatever they usually fight at. But you have to also do a little research to find out what their future plans are or which weight they say they are most comfortable at. Reading articles & interviews is essential to knowing where to place a fighter like that.
My problem is, this is still only a hobby for me, and i am so busy i just don't have the time to dedicate to keep up with everything. That's why i rely a lot on info i can get from members here.

The case of Kid is a good one to point out here though...he started, i believe, at 143lbs, but then quickly moved to stardom and fighting 154/155lb guys. But then he revealed his comfortable weight is actually more like 135lbs. That's why this goofy weight class was formed in the first place...to accomodate him. But now that his star doesn't shine so bright anymore, they will likely change their weight classes to coincide with Western/UFC standards.

Which is a good thing.