world sambo federation?

yusul - ;)

Why don't some of you compete in the next WSF
tournament and show how good you guys really
are? This isn't a challenge by no means, just a
thought. What better way to prove your point?

why dont u guys just shut up , kiss n make up geez .!!!!

WOW the sight look nice and is the "shiznit" tho . Gonna check it out and woujld like to do some pure sambo art.

Guys: Why not just live and let live?

If you're concerned about what constitutes a world championship then start with the World Series of baseball. This year the World Series involved one state of one country; two cities, a few miles apart.

Personally I don't care one iota about the WSF or that its world headquarters or championships are in Indiana; I don't care if they call it sambo, sombo or gumbo. If they are teaching something of value and someone somewhere is learning from and enjoying it then that's fine. I don't care if there are a dozen federations all calling themselves Tae Kwon Do and 50 of Karate. If you are on a crusade to standardize the whole martial arts world than it is a long march. We have enough to do in our own backyards.

BTW Joe; congratulations on being World Sambo Champ :)

There must be some Russian mixed in with that Celtic blood :)

Sojourner is so damn CORRECT!

Hi

I'm the Joe Schmidt mentioned above. I'd like to thank everyone for their kind description of me as a good older judo player. The reason I fought in the master's division ( the only time I did in my life ) is:

1. Our club held the Senior Nationals that year.
( a very well run tournament I must add )
2.It was the first time my son, daughter, wife, and
inlaws saw me compete and the first major judo
tournament that I entered in 17 years.
3. I've had more injuries and surguries in the last 5
years than I could list here.
4. I don't really know why more past national caliber
judo players don't fight masters. It was a blast. I
met a lot of my past training partners that I have
not seen in a long time like Ed Liddie, Tom Dyer,
Brian Germain etc. and I can think of worst people
to keep company with than Tono and White.

Also I didn't need to fight the Masters, nobody does it is just fun.

Also I really have won national titles in judo, Bjj,
and sombo ( Before the FIAS split while the Russians were still competing against us ) and medaled in Greco, and went to the Sports Festival in different things a couple times and I am in the Sombo Hall of Fame, and was a Div. I collegiate wrestler. I've also have a couple of interational silver and bronze medals
from a couple of different styles of grappling they are hanging in on my wall.

I do love Judo although the rule changes over the years I have been gone have been tough to get used to,but I have made life long friends and would like my kids to follow me.
I also love BJJ (Kosen Judo) and consider Relson and Royler Gracie and Joe Hurst my friends.

In closing I'd like to say hi to all my friends in all the grappling arts. I also would like to say hi to the folks at the WSF because the are really an O.K. bunch of guys. I also will not reply to any comments made about this post as I won't get into an I suck,you suck,
he sucks worse pissing fight.

Yours in judo etc.

Joe
P.S. Practice at our Club in Cleveland is Mon. Wed. and Sat. You can find us at Chutubujudo.com

I do Sombo/Sambo/Judo, I also do MMA and Submission....Get off your "sucks on the ground" crap....In the war to gain these arts respect on the ground you are not on the frontlines!!

The AAU is not associated with SAMBO in any way, shape or form. They are associated with SOMBO. Almost identical rules yet distinctly two separate organizations.

Josh if I'm not mistaken Joe Fergeson took
5th in the 100+ and 2nd in the International
division, Steve Woorley did play because of injury
but didn't he beat out Nate Torra for the junior
world team. I know the women from Ohio that placed
this year Lori Edwards. Grace Jividen is from Dayton
before she moved to Colorada. Unfortunately Ohio
might be weak, but I don't think it'a as weak as you
say it is.

I do enjoy the master's division at the nataional
level. It's always great to play people like Wayne
Dickerson, John Branson, Maje Omagbaluwaji,Brian
Germain. You'll see when you get our age. At any
age it's great.

"1. You have no idea of who you're talking to, so don't accuse anyone of sucking of the ground you sack of shit. "

I do not know why but that is funny?