Worst moves in mma history

Thuggnificent - 

Creepy's double punches when he had Mighty Mouse flattened out

Why do you think that was bad?

I might be getting my history wrong, but didn’t that get Creepy the 10-8 he needed to get the majority draw?

Liyon - Dana actually thinking UFC 249 was going to happen.

this…

Travis browne throwing a kick in the air to intimidate, bigfoot silva? If I remember correctly. Opening bell opposite side of the cage brown throws a kick over his own head and injured himself and lost the fight.

Stay Wild - 

Travis browne throwing a kick in the air to intimidate, bigfoot silva? If I remember correctly. Opening bell opposite side of the cage brown throws a kick over his own head and injured himself and lost the fight.

wow. i did not remember that. anyone got a gif?

Amar Suleov going for the armbar when he could have pounded Phil Baroni into submission.

Not a bad move per se, but GSP rocking Condit against the fence but instead of continuing his flurry and going for the finish, he went for the takedown. I think this was in the 3rd round after GSP got dropped.

Butterbean’s thai kick count? That was fucking pathetic.

wiggum - Including some terrible moves from great fighters:

-Cormier has great leg kicks. But, he has also thrown some very sorry kicks over his career.

-I sometimes chuckle when I think about Bisping trying to take down Hendo in the first fight, getting shucked off, and Hendo laughing.

-I LOVED Askren v. Maia. But Askren had some of the funniest looking standup ever in that fight.

-He was rocked, but Conor’s takedown attempt versus Nate in the first fight was very sorry.

-Jon Jones did everything wrong in his armbar escape against Vitor, but somehow, it still worked.

Well, Hendo got taken down plenty of times in his career by non wrestlers. I know he was mainly a Greco guy but his takedown defense was always surprisingly poor for a former Olympian. It’s not outrageous to think that a good all around fighter like Bisping could get a TD on him. 

I'll add one.

Big Nog against Mir.. Nogeuira had Mir rocked and almost finished on the ground. All he had to do was keep throwing punches and the win would have been his. Instead, he went for his old Pride era anaconda choke that he was known for. Mir, to his credit, cleared his head, showed his toughness, and escaped the choke and ended up fucking up Nogueira's arm with a kimura and winning. I was screaming at the TV at Nog. Something like "You had it, man! You had it!"

1 Like

Kelvin shooting on Israel when he was hurt 

wiggum -
Stay Wild - 

wow. i did not remember that. anyone got a gif?

Yup, tore his hamstring iirc. 

Melvin Guillard going for a takedown on Nate Diaz. He was doing really well up until then. 

Vrill - 
wiggum - Including some terrible moves from great fighters:

-Cormier has great leg kicks. But, he has also thrown some very sorry kicks over his career.

-I sometimes chuckle when I think about Bisping trying to take down Hendo in the first fight, getting shucked off, and Hendo laughing.

-I LOVED Askren v. Maia. But Askren had some of the funniest looking standup ever in that fight.

-He was rocked, but Conor’s takedown attempt versus Nate in the first fight was very sorry.

-Jon Jones did everything wrong in his armbar escape against Vitor, but somehow, it still worked.

Well, Hendo got taken down plenty of times in his career by non wrestlers. I know he was mainly a Greco guy but his takedown defense was always surprisingly poor for a former Olympian. It’s not outrageous to think that a good all around fighter like Bisping could get a TD on him. 

100%.

But, had Bisping ever taken down a fighter in the UFC?

On a SideNote -

Paulo Filho having a "conversation" with himself during the Chael fight.

Mir commentating: “And what is he looking at??!!!”

Been a long time since I saw the fight, but I recall Kurt Pelligrino was winning pretty convincingly against Nate Diaz when he put himself into Diaz’s triangle. With Diaz’s long wiry legs, knew the triangle was sunk and threw up the birds while Kurt was trapped before tapping. Batman was tough too, I recall he had his upper tooth make a huge hole in his upper lip as well. That fight was a HUGE confidence booster in Diaz in his fights from then on imo.

HYBRID JON - Been a long time since I saw the fight, but I recall Kurt Pelligrino was winning pretty convincingly against Nate Diaz when he put himself into Diaz's triangle. With Diaz's long wiry legs, knew the triangle was sunk and threw up the birds while Kurt was trapped before tapping. Batman was tough too, I recall he had his upper tooth make a huge hole in his upper lip as well. That fight was a HUGE confidence booster in Diaz in his fights from then on imo.

The win over Kurt was Nate's 7th win in a row and then he lost 2 of his next 3 (and 5 of his next 9), so not sure about the confidence boost.

1 Like

When that really tall skinny lightweight from the ultimate fighter threw a low leg kick and sheared his own leg off.

HYBRID JON - Been a long time since I saw the fight, but I recall Kurt Pelligrino was winning pretty convincingly against Nate Diaz when he put himself into Diaz's triangle. With Diaz's long wiry legs, knew the triangle was sunk and threw up the birds while Kurt was trapped before tapping. Batman was tough too, I recall he had his upper tooth make a huge hole in his upper lip as well. That fight was a HUGE confidence booster in Diaz in his fights from then on imo.

Pellegrino was taking diaz down easily and mauling him on the ground, but for some reason went for a slam with his head between diaz legs. Pellegrino was a beast back then 

Vrill - 

I'll add one.

Big Nog against Mir.. Nogeuira had Mir rocked and almost finished on the ground. All he had to do was keep throwing punches and the win would have been his. Instead, he went for his old Pride era anaconda choke that he was known for. Mir, to his credit, cleared his head, showed his toughness, and escaped the choke and ended up fucking up Nogueira's arm with a kimura and winning. I was screaming at the TV at Nog. Something like "You had it, man! You had it!"

That’s the MMA equivalent of the Spurs losing games 6 to the Heat. Just utter disbelief at what just happened!

spjackson77 -

Arlovski flying knee vs Fedor. He was dominating the fight up to that point 

Lol, no he wasn't

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEGdFdXTUmw