Worst moves in mma history

FatBuddha - Royce Gracie's kickboxing.

Ben Askren’s kickboxing.

Derrick Lewis’s BJJ

Sprawl'n'Stall - "Silva showboating versus Weidman" has to be the top one!

Definitely 

I often wonder how that fight would gone If he didn’t pull that clowning bullshit and was the Silva that showed up vs Chris Leben and Rich Franklin,

2 Likes
nhbmark2 - 
Sprawl'n'Stall - "Silva showboating versus Weidman" has to be the top one!

Definitely 

I often wonder how that fight would gone If he didn’t pull that clowning bullshit and was the Silva that showed up vs Chris Leben and Rich Franklin,

He pulled that “clowing bullshit” b/c he was getting handled. He tried to do some psych-op warfare and failed.

2 Likes
wiggum - 
Thuggnificent - 

Creepy's double punches when he had Mighty Mouse flattened out

Why do you think that was bad?

I might be getting my history wrong, but didn’t that get Creepy the 10-8 he needed to get the majority draw?

While watching it live, I thought he was gonna get the TKO, but started bucking like he was riding a horse and showboating instead. If he kept throwing real punches, it could have changed the history of that division, at least the early history.

1 Like

I can’t remember the guys name, but in that dumb show in NJ that was in a circle with raised edges the dude went to jump off the raised part and throw a punch on the guy who was on the ground on his back with an open guard, and he fucked it up and got his back taken without the dude on the ground having to even really move.

2breath2feel - 
HYBRID JON - Been a long time since I saw the fight, but I recall Kurt Pelligrino was winning pretty convincingly against Nate Diaz when he put himself into Diaz's triangle. With Diaz's long wiry legs, knew the triangle was sunk and threw up the birds while Kurt was trapped before tapping. Batman was tough too, I recall he had his upper tooth make a huge hole in his upper lip as well. That fight was a HUGE confidence booster in Diaz in his fights from then on imo.

Pellegrino was taking diaz down easily and mauling him on the ground, but for some reason went for a slam with his head between diaz legs. Pellegrino was a beast back then 

Thanks for confirming my recollection. If I can also remember, he was part of the Armory with Hermes Franca which kind of disbanded after Hermes was booted from the country for the bad touch…

Pura Vida - 
HYBRID JON - Been a long time since I saw the fight, but I recall Kurt Pelligrino was winning pretty convincingly against Nate Diaz when he put himself into Diaz's triangle. With Diaz's long wiry legs, knew the triangle was sunk and threw up the birds while Kurt was trapped before tapping. Batman was tough too, I recall he had his upper tooth make a huge hole in his upper lip as well. That fight was a HUGE confidence booster in Diaz in his fights from then on imo.

The win over Kurt was Nate's 7th win in a row and then he lost 2 of his next 3 (and 5 of his next 9), so not sure about the confidence boost.

Guess I misremembered, I was pulling for Pelligrino in that fight too.

D241 - 

Ronda Rousey's boxing

![](upload://jHEdZmAEHBAalhNwOaif0KPq7G0.gif)

Looking crisp!

Roused Falling into the cage as holm side stepped.  Never understood the strategy there 

1 Like

Askren's immediate takedown attempt against a guy who'd been calling him a crotch sniffing one-trick pony.

wiggum -
Thuggnificent - 

I might be getting my history wrong, but didn’t that get Creepy the 10-8 he needed to get the majority draw?

Could have had the fight stopped with more damaging punches since Mighty Mouse wasnt defending.

Anyone mentioned Gray Maynard knocking himself out with a slam?

Rickmassmma -
wiggum - 
Thuggnificent - 

While watching it live, I thought he was gonna get the TKO, but started bucking like he was riding a horse and showboating instead. If he kept throwing real punches, it could have changed the history of that division, at least the early history.

Yup. Uncle Sleepy showboated his way into irrelevancy.

Rickmassmma - I can't remember the guys name, but in that dumb show in NJ that was in a circle with raised edges the dude went to jump off the raised part and throw a punch on the guy who was on the ground on his back with an open guard, and he fucked it up and got his back taken without the dude on the ground having to even really move.

Kerr vs. Oleg in YAMMA?

Jon Jones elbows on Matt Hamill

1 Like
D241 - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEGdFdXTUmw

good one!

iminari backflip / bellyflop?

1 Like
TeamRenzo - 
D241 - 

Ronda Rousey's boxing

Looking crisp!

How can someone spend so much time around MMA and fighting and then shadow box like that. Even if you didn’t train and only saw shadow boxing on the little intros to Thursday Night Fights, you would know this is wrong.

This still amazes me. It would be like an NBA player just throwing the ball at the basket with some horrible shooting mechanic…

Dory - Harold Howard flipping axe kick attempt.

This is not a thread for most-awesome-move-in-mma-history. 

Anthony Smith saying he could continue against Jon Jones.

jcblass -
TeamRenzo - 
D241 - 

Ronda Rousey's boxing

Looking crisp!

How can someone spend so much time around MMA and fighting and then shadow box like that. Even if you didn’t train and only saw shadow boxing on the little intros to Thursday Night Fights, you would know this is wrong.

This still amazes me. It would be like an NBA player just throwing the ball at the basket with some horrible shooting mechanic…

It’s a good thing that Mr. Ball focused on mechanics…