Worst stoppage in UFC history?

What was it?

When Jones stopped an entire event from happening?

7 Likes

Ken/Tito II was bad.

No, it wasn't the 'worst' stoppage but it was pretty terrible for UFC because it was the best selling PPV they ever had at the time.. and it ended like that.

It also was preceded by a whole season of TUF that only hyped it up more.

For a long while, people criticized Herb as being one of the worst refs in the sport because of it.

They ended up having a third match, obviously for free on TV and it went the exact same way only Ken got punched more.. lol.

1 Like

I feel like the answer is Sakaraba vs Conan but I am curious what fights others bring up.

Calhoon - 

I feel like the answer is Sakaraba vs Conan but I am curious what fights others up.

This

Never liked big john

Brian Johnston vs Reza Nasri

I think one that isn't talked about much is Rothwell/Velasquez. He was giving it to Cain in the fight but the ref jumped in really fast when he got hit a few times as he was rising up.

Who knows what could have happened if it went on in terms of HW history?

![](upload://4y7vtrXng4ZuyNJbGeKrkE0OoVT.gif)

3 Likes
MarcusAurelioFan -

I think one that isn't talked about much is Rothwell/Velasquez. He was giving it to Cain in the fight but the ref jumped in really fast when he got hit a few times as he was rising up.

took more damage than Dom. 

Jones Hammill

knappster -
MarcusAurelioFan -

took more damage than Dom. 

I was there live. Rothwell was getting pummeled the whole time 

Schaub vs. Rothwell

Lawler Askren

The Original SST -

Lawler Askren

I never was able to see this as a bad stoppage. If I were the ref I would done the same. When I saw his hand drop I was convinced Robby was out. 

3 Likes

Danzig v Wiman was bad and a similar example to the Askren one, but Danzig doesn’t go completely limp like lawler 

Tikis cut

1 Like

Who was the fighter a few months back that acted like he was wobbled to get the other guy to engage and the ref stopped it?

2 Likes
MixedMaritalfArts -

Who was the fighter a few months back that acted like he was wobbled to get the other guy to engage and the ref stopped it?

Cutelabra?

Diaz Masvidal

2 Likes

Tons of John McCarthy stoppages from the 90's to early 2000's need to be on the list. This was when political pressure was so high and the UFC was banned from cable and barely hanging on. The last thing they needed was a serious injury and I think BJM was directed to stop any fight as soon as a guy looked like he was in trouble and forget actually trying to let him fight his way out of a bad situation. Plus, he loved throwing his big lummox body around and would literally tackle fighters to stop a fight when it wasn't even necessary. Him breaking Brian Johnston's nose is the best example. 

Weidman Munoz.  About 20 shots to a cleary unconscious Munoz, while the ref (forgot who) just sat with his thumb in his ass doing nothing...