Would a younger anderson have beat Chris?

Lets say 3 years younger?

Not trying to start a war because I still feel anderson is the GOAT and MMA legend.

With that said I don't think at any point in time Anderson would have beat Chris. He is too well rounded and tough as nails. He just beat the piss out of the best Machida we will probably ever see. Yes Machida had an amazing fourth round but I think it just speaks about what it is going to take to beat Weidman. Chris will probably never have some of the highlight reel KOs anderson has but then again Anderson didn't ever face a guy anywhere near Weidmans caliber.

Anderson Silva is not black...

He's Brazilian Phone Post 3.0

i'd still favor weidman because of silva's takedown defense..

Wasa-B - Anderson Silva is not black...

yes i know this?

He'd have a much better chance that is for sure, a 38 year old fighter who has been fighting almost twenty years can't be as sharp as their prime.

ChuteBoxYouUp - 1. Fedor is the GOAT (followed closely by Gsp)

2. Youre right about Chris being too well rounded. Chris beats any version of Anderson

3. Beat the piss out of the best Machida we had seen in a long time is more accurate statement

4. And yeah, the fight was amazing. What heart and guts by both. Both deserve nothing but love.

Also hope that Chris finally put all the doubt to rest. Chris proved he can dig deep when things arent going his way and pull it out.

Chris showed everything tonight; unreal skill, composure, heart, chin, ability to over come adversity and just win - the will to win

And props to Machida. He gave it everything he got and came close in the 4th

Great fight. Great night for MMA

We may just be witnessing history with Weidman
Agree completely with this post. Voted up. Phone Post 3.0

Bisping decisioned my SN -
Wasa-B - Anderson Silva is not black...

yes i know this?

Yes he is. He even talked about being a black Brazilian. Phone Post 3.0

I thought GSP would've beat Anderson.

Weidman is basically like a young GSP (in the sense that young GSP was a brutal finisher), but bigger, and better hands.

So yeah I'd pick Weidman... Phone Post 3.0

I think Weidman beats him at any point. He's just a bad matchup for Anderson.

Chris got a chin made out of iron Phone Post 3.0

No one came close to having the chin silva had when he was young, plus his speed, accuracy, and hunger to b #1 was 2nd to none.

Prime Silva beats this Weidman... that being said weidman can still improve since his career is so young.

I'd like to see how he does against Jacare and trt vitor (wishful thinking Phone Post 3.0

Yes Phone Post 3.0

Lol. Now silva but huggers gonna use "age" as an excuse. Fact is. Weidman is better !!! Everywhere

Yes. Easily. Phone Post 3.0

A fresh Weidman beats prime Silva, but the longer the fight goes the more it becomes Silva's fight. Phone Post 3.0

Brasco - Lol. Now silva but huggers gonna use "age" as an excuse. Fact is. Weidman is better !!! Everywhere
You fuckin faggot I hope you die choking on a hot shot of Chris's semen. Phone Post 3.0

Weidman is impressive no doubt, but no way he would have beat an in his prime Silva. Silva became complacent by the time he fought Weidman. He no longer had that fire lit. Weidman's fire in contrast has a full tank of gas right now. He is destined for greatness. Hopefully him and Jones clash one day. Sometimes it's better not to compare. Just leave it at Silva was the greatest in his time. Now it is Weidman's time. The Spider did it for longer, and only time will tell if Weidman will be better. Phone Post 3.0

KnockoutThoughts - Weidman is impressive no doubt, but no way he would have beat an in his prime Silva. Silva became complacent by the time he fought Weidman. He no longer had that fire lit. Weidman's fire in contrast has a full tank of gas right now. He is destined for greatness. Hopefully him and Jones clash one day. Sometimes it's better not to compare. Just leave it at Silva was the greatest in his time. Now it is Weidman's time. The Spider did it for longer, and only time will tell if Weidman will be better. Phone Post 3.0

You're right, Anderson didn't have the fire that he used to have, like in the Maia fight.

Weidman reminds me of a 23 year old shogun. That being said Anderson in his element and prime is something that would be very very hard to call. Phone Post 3.0