Wow. Joe rogan compares GSP/Usman’s level of competition, thinks Masvidal is “on another level”

Joe used to clown on Goldie a bit and come off as an authoritative figure on MMA but his quotes on Ronda during her win streak are some of the dumbest shit ever on Mma. This quote isnt at that level but still pretty stupid.

2 Likes

Damn, as everyone has already said, terrible take. I don’t know how he could argue this on any level.

Even if GSP came back from retirement and had a training camp right now, I think he beats Masvidal

6 Likes

Fuck a training camp. George could roll out of bed today and give Jorge the business. Easy 30-27 for old man George’s

11 Likes

Joe’s partially right, but the way he worded it was very poor.

His logic of “Georges raised the bar, so modern WW have the benefit of referencing the precedent he set. Modern fighters are building off of the level Georges started, so they’re on ‘another level’”

Masvidal is tough as shit, an excellent striker with top notch defensive wrestling. Joe saying Jorge is trouble for anyone is accurate.

All that being said, I still think 9 of 10 times Georges dominates him 50-45 or 30-27

2 Likes

As knowledgeable as Joe is on the sport and martial arts in general, this is just an awful take.

GSP would beat Masvidal standing up or on the ground and make it look easy.

3 Likes

George raised the bar, and Jorge isn’t even capable of seeing that bar

If Ben Asscream wasn’t such a jackass we wouldn’t ever have been talking about this guy

If someone smarter than me and unbiased sat down and ranked the top 15 LW’s of all time and the top 15 WW’s of all time, I do not believe Masvidal is on either list

Someone in the comment section said Joe’s quote was taken out of context. Not surprising from BJ Penn.com. He has some shit writers on that site.

Don’t you fucking remember that commercial

This is your brain…

This is your brain on drugs…

Any questions?

Rogie can afford & gets the good stuff.

Confused Joe Rogan GIF

1 Like
1 Like

That’s quite possibly true, but not mutually exclusive with the statement “masvidal is a tough matchup for Georges”

If you were going to build someone in the lab to beat Georges, it would be:

• Long reach
  • technical boxer with ko power
  • good defensive wrestling and a bottom game oriented towards getting to turtle and getting back up.

George eats people who try to play guard alive

Georges dominates him, but Jorge’s got the right skill set to give him problems in theory

1 Like

Fitch would smash Masvidal

5 Likes

Do you think Masvidal beats Gilbert Burns?

Was Joe incredibly stoned when he said this? Did he miss his daily Alpha Brain shower? GSP would have run through him.

1 Like

GSP would finish Masvidal. The highlight of Masvidals career were the KO of Till and Askren. Honestly not that impressive.

lol Joe hasn’t posted here since probably around 2015 or something.

Would be funny if you were able to get him to post again!

Since 2016 lol

GSP would be welterweight champion if he was in his prime today. Fact.

8 Likes

And nobody will ever get the chance to say that to Joes face while a camera is on. He will literally say anything he’s paid to and always has.

1 Like