Wow. Joe rogan compares GSP/Usman’s level of competition, thinks Masvidal is “on another level”

Hendricks on gear would wipe the floor with todays WW’s

3 Likes

Him and Woodley had the exact same tools though. Overhand right overhand right overhand right overhand right.

1 Like

Still thought he beat GSP and it was bullshit that there was no immediate rematch IMHO.

2 Likes

JH won that fight. PED’s or not

1 Like

Listening to Rogan’s opinion is like trusting Dana White

6 Likes

Rogan has never recovered (in my eyes) from his Ronda Rousey bullshit.

Still can’t believe he actually said she looks like an elite level kickboxer and was the greatest of all time when she wasn’t even close to being the greatest in her own era.

3 Likes

Sometimes he goes overboard trying to be the company man

1 Like

Joe rogan is the single most respected voice in MMA and it’s not even close. Which is why this is so shocking to hear him say

Jorge is a journeyman. He’s nothing special. I hardly consider him s true martial artist. He’s a brawler would good takedown defense. Wow that’s so special he’s sooooo incredible!

Not

3 Likes

This filthy little Gen Z’er on FB just told me MMA has evolved since George’s time and that Masvidal would beat everyone GSP beat

1 Like

What’s there to respect lol? Dude is a druggy and a company man

1 Like

He’s one of the most knowledgeable people in this game and he’s been around forever

Yea knowledgeable in bjj. That’s about all.

Oh you’re just mad cause Rogan said JBJ is the undisputed goat and not fedor

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

He also said Ronda would of beaten Floyd up lol

2 Likes

Steve Harvey Cringe GIF by ABC Network

I’d favor Burns but I think that’s a competitive fight

Nah man I think you’re hate is blinding you a bit here. He’s not a brawler, his striking is fairly technical.

He might be a journeyman but he’s on the Kazou Misaki side of journeyman: any given day he can give very good guys a tough fight.

1 Like

Perhaps

Not Bad Kind Of GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

What a fucking idiot he is, Masvidal was aroound the same time as GSP, while Masvidal was in hook and shoot GSP was in UCC/TKO, thing is that GSP was so much better he made it to the UFC while Masvidal was still fighting lesser promotions like strikeforce and bodog not because he choose them over the UFC but because he was not good enough to get into the UFC. GSP debut was against Karo P while Masvidal was some UFC on fox type shit against Tim Means I think.

Rogan doesnt know that both started around a similar time? Mas just wasnt good enough all those years, he would have gotten wrecked against the guys GSP had to beat, Colby and Usman are not these super evolved fighters, they are wrestlers who picked up striking, just like Koscheck, Fitch, Hendricks etc. Maybe better conditioned but the division got weak as fuck for awhile and these guys were able to shine and like usual beat the piss out of Mas who has always been a journeyman who managed to beat Askren on a hail mary knee, Askren has yet to win in the UFC aside from the Lawler bullshitGSP could come back to WW today and win the title

3 Likes

I don’t think Rogan meant Mas is better than GSP. As you mentioned, same era of fighters. I would say that in his absolute prime, Mas is very competitive with GSP IF Mas was a natural welterweight. At his real size, GSP would take him down at will.

1 Like