Wrestling question

Greco-Roman is for cock sucking faggots just like the people it was named after

1 Like

Greco is about as close to a fist fight as you can get in wrestling. Especially at the high levels it is just brutal. My first senior level event I got beat up worse than in any MMA fight.

2 Likes

this 100%…

the first time i was matside for senior level greco it was an eye opening experience… it is just different…

the most interesting aspect of greco is that not only is it far more physically aggressive and brutal, but, it is also more dependent on technique than the women’s styles or the stall fest…

the stall fest you can achieve the highest levels of success just by being tough and not taking any chances… you can win a bunch of titles 2-1…

fair…

free you can win on just being a super athlete… just by being slightly quicker in one situation…

ok…

greco you have to be an absolute killer and have the absolute best technique because the opening that are created at the highest levels are millimeters… one action can effectively end the match at any time…

but, whatever…

Faggots beat the shit out of each other doing rough faggot sex stuff too. What’s your point?

1 Like

Calling folk style a stall fest is absolutely lame. One of the compelling things about HS and College Wrestling is the season. Greco and freestyle you have qualifiers and big tournaments and then the worlds or Olympics. In HS and
College you make weight on Thursday for a duel meet and then you wrestle. Most of the time you will then make weight again Friday for Tpurnament where you wrestle 2-3 matches Friday. You then make weight again Saturday where you have between 2-5 matches. Then you do that again the next week for 3.5 months. It’s a grind. As for styles of Wrestling it is a very exciting style with mat wrestling being way more of a grind and more exciting than Par
Terre in FS and Greco.

Greco and FS are great styles too with great athletes and a huge international
stage. Obviously this is the top of the chain wrestler wise. It is just different rules wise and the schedule allows for athletes to be in top shape and for the most part injuries play less of a role.

I wrestled year around through college. When my HS or college season was over I wrestled FS and Greco. USA Wrestling is a great org and the tourneys allow multiple entries so I would go 2 weight classes and two age groups as a JR and Espoire. I would also do Greco and FS at the same
tourney when possible. As a result I have a couple hundred more matches in FS and Greco than I did as a HS or college athlete.

Fun story- I wrestled for a club and most of us were HS and College guys. One day a guy name Gogi showed up and beat the fuck out of all us. Turned he was a defector from Russia. He was a multiple time World medalist in Greco. He was known for his Russian tie attacks. He also won our nationals multiple times. I got to be his partner for that Greco season. As a result I have flown more miles than Delta (from his throws).

2 Likes

You have done well then with all styles.

Simply put, what style do you think endorses stalling more?

Also, in the par terre position, what is by far the most likely outcome?

whats yours ?

Still waiting, until then you keep on seatbelting your opponents and praying for a standup and skipping leg day because your groundwork is dogshit.

folk incentivizes not wrestling… you are rewarded for not wrestling…

all the rest i pretty much agree with…

of course it is a grind… HS season isn’t fun because you are a kid wanting to be a kid… college seasons are an assualt… the athletes are chewed up and spit out for very little pay off… waste the physical prime years learning how not to wrestle and getting their bodies detroyed and worn out for what?

a corrupt system that does not care about “student athletes” and even less about “student athletes” in a non revenue generating sport…

you want to drastically improve the stall fest?

institute a step out…

that is it…

just like when the international styles did it, the increase in action and actual real live wrestling skill and technique just explodes when you can’t run to the edge for safety…

1 Like

I think good wrestling is good wrestling and stalling isn’t good wrestling. That said, if pressed I would say FS and Greco have a little bit more stalling centric rules. It is much easier even with a solid top guy to stay belly down than it is to work for stand ups and reversals. The activity of folk style makes it a grind.

I have had some top tier guys turn the shit out of me in FS and Greco and while it was no fun at all it wasn’t nearly a grind like folkstyle type action.

The top of the food chain goes to International Wrestling guys obviously but the grind of an mcaa season can’t be dismissed.

I disagree that folk encourages stalling but I would like to see the rules change for fleeing the mat.

geraei is monster…

go ahead and try to break this down…

1 Like

Even if it’s arguing I love that we are talking about gods sport here.

1 Like

stand ups and reversals were not even allowed in greco until last year…

it is rarely necessary in the women’s styles because those guys don’t work in par terre…

and this is the rub…

lots of comments being made without even understanding the sports…

Oh I know. My point is as a bottom guy you gotta work your ass off from bottom in folk style. If you are good with your hips and in staying flat with par terre then it is less grueling.

UNLESS you wrestle Gerai. Fuck that guy is relentless and I honestly thought he was gonna break that Serbs neck by the end of that match. His reverse lift is crazy good.

( I know there are lots of great guys like Gerai).

Wrestling is fucking tough no matter style. The Mongolians are fucking crazy tough in their wrestling style, the sengalese, the Turks. The Iranians are Rock stars in Iran and so are even our good guys there.

John Smith was paid to wrestle a Mongolian and his story is crazy funny but he also said it was one the weirdest and toughest matches of his life and all while on a mat made of horse hair. He didn’t even know the rules because it was in Mongolia and he was the only person there that spoke English.

Btw- the Iranians have to be the strongest physically people on earth. I have never met an Iranian or Persian that wasn’t strong as all get out regardless of weight.

and i don’t disagree to get out from under some guys particularly at the D1 level, you have to work your ass off…

or not…

and just choose top the next period…

i respect the grind of folk as much as anyone… i just think it is very unnecessary with the lack of pay off…

and it is just not near as entertaining as free and damn sure nowhere as entertaining as greco…

i also understand with the exception of the few places i hang out, that opinion is not very popular in this country…

my son wrestled Leivesi at U20 worlds his first match… that was an eye opening experience for him…

he is 19 and ran through this country at juniors… was in the finals with Ildar at the us open (got big brothered but had his moments)… he is not a punk…

and how Leivesi handled him was crazy… it was an incredible display of wrestling…

my younger son wore iranian singlets sent to him from iran with the help of an ex-pat…

i hold the iranian wrestlers in the highest regard…

mohammadi may be my favorite right now…

I love all of it. The pay off of folk is a free education for the best and some great times with your teammates seeing places you would normally not go to with out wrestling.

International is even a bigger pay off for the top guys.

That is awesome! Does he wrestle folk also or does he focus on international?