Wristlocks NOT allowed in the UFC

hornbuckle thanks for the advice.
max power - OK.
Jack - nice.

Thing is with Aikido or JJJ is that most the moves really don't work and any that do aren't taught properly most the time.

well that's why i said it depends where you go. Beleive it or not, but there are BJJ schools that don't teach good BJJ either.

Ok. So I didn't know the Cow hand could work from standing, I'm not 100% sure how to do it, I think I've sene it before however.

ttt

"where would you go to learn them? "

find a small circle jujitsu school - they do a lot of standing locks.

also, bladed arts use wrist manipulation for some of their disarms. When I trained arnis with Professor Remy Presas - he used them a lot. I am not saying they are easy but they definetly do work when applied correctly. Would I spend the majority of my time try to learn them - probably not.

"where would you go to learn them? "

find a small circle jujitsu school - they do a lot of standing locks.

also, bladed arts use wrist manipulation for some of their disarms. When I trained arnis with Professor Remy Presas - he used them a lot. I am not saying they are easy but they definetly do work when applied correctly. Would I spend the majority of my time try to learn them - probably not.

Small circle JuJitsu? Hmm do they do resistance trainign though? Sparring? I mean most places.

"Cops use them against unresisting opponents."

yeah sure, no one ever resists a cop trying to arrest them.

HAve you ever seen the show cops? The second someone starts resisting wristlocks go right out the window.

Wristlocks are good for controlling drunks that aren't "fighting" but also aren't cooperating.

The gloves would make it very difficult to apply aikido type locks. For the record I have a black belt in Jujitsu from Sig Kufferath who is the guy that gave Wally Jay his BB.

I believe saying the gloves would make it too difficult is a bit of an excuse, but maybe. Yelm is correct about those wristlocks.

I also used to be a cop. The first thing they tell you when teaching these wristlocks is that once they start actively fighting go to the next level and forget about wristlocks.

lol, ok thanks.

Shit I've tapped out to wristlocks on the ground while rolling in BJJ. I would think it's the same as an ankle.

In a real brawl for 99% of us, wristlocks are extremely low percentage, PERIOD. Anyone trying to say otherwise is incorrect.

Don't try to use the "Cops use them and Wally Jay showed some cool ones at a seminar" analogies.

The experience and quality of your opponent makes this move increase in difficulty exponentially, Gee it's a bitch when you get caught with one though.

I've arrested a few people that I have taken down and then controlled with wristlocks. They do work on resisting opponents, but they don't work on EVERY resisting opponent. Of course, the same could be said for an armbar and anything else.

It's easier to get out of a locked up wrist than a locked up elbow. I said 'easier' not easy before anyone gets too excited...

They work. Some of them from standing are more the type of move you do to put someone away, not the type where you can do it with control and have it work as good as id you go all out.

I have used them and they work as long as you dont overuse them. Makes a good surprise move..but dont expect to catch the same guy twice if he is any good.

Being low percentage is why they work. No one expects them to be used and they are not defending or practicing defending them .They should not be illegal to use just because no one practices them.