WTF Happened to Fig?

Not making excuses, I picked Moreno but Figgy looked off. He had that knot on his head, was that explained or could have he possibly been concussed in training?

Anyways. Askar Askarov should be next. Figgy wasn’t some dominant, multi year champ. Although I’d be ok with another Moreno fight.

I dont think theres anything Fig can do to beat Moreno.
I think in the 1st fight everyone thought it was a fluke for or that Figgy was sick.

This fight just showed that Moreno is just flat out the better fighter as he outclassed fig in all facets.

Moreno is showing the classic Mexican fighting style where its gonna be an ugly dogfight where no matter who wins theyre coming out looking like they went through a meat grinder.
Hes gonna be a severely tough out for anyone who fights him

1 Like

Fig clearly wasnt himself. Whatever the circumstances he deserves the immediate rematch. Moreno was gifted that rematch as well. If the real Fig shows up we will witness another murder.

2 Likes

Fig would have won if not for the foul.

This fight was shocking.

1. I’m shocked at Moreno’s growth. He didn’t just dominate. He looked like a world champion. Amazing work.

2. I’m also shocked at how overmatched Fig looked. I made a thread yesterday that I think Fig will never fight at FW again. He called for the rematch, so maybe I’m wrong. But, the dude’s record on the scale isn’t good. He missed weight for his first title fight. He was hospitalized before the first Moreno fight. And, after making weight this time, he started sobbing. I tend to think that the cut got him.

Felt like I was watching the fight in 1.5x

1 Like

Had to be hard to watch for Benavidez!

That green pantsuit Megan Olivi was wearing was probably an even tougher watch for him.

3 Likes

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but not necessarily feeling sorry for Fig, either. These are the breaks when you physically diminish yourself that much to gain what you hope will be an advantage.

3 Likes

I am fan of Fig and wanted him to win. But why does he deserve an immediate rematch? He got beat, convincingly. Moreno had the immediate rematch as it was a DRAW.

Still I wouldn’t mind, Their styles just mesh well for fights!

It was indeed weird seeing Fig so happy for Moreno though

1 Like

Agreed 100%. He reaps the rewards of cutting, and has to deal with the costs. Not an excuse at all – if you benefit from being the bigger guy, you can’t complain when the cutting also costs you.

1 Like

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess he was on something in that Benavidez fight he wasn’t on these last two fights? Maybe got away with something during all the initial Covid confusion/chaos that he can’t now

Wiggs with the great insight as usu…

I think Fig should just move up however Moreno only got the draw due to the foul as well, let’s not forget.

1 Like

he could be great at 135 as well imo. So many fun match ups

1 Like

To me that was a signal that he’s no longer planning on fighting at 125.

He said before the fight he wanted the 135 lb champ if he won.

Perfect response

Tremendous fight

1 Like

I have this feeling that Fig might go on to lose his next 2. He looked like he was not mentally there.

He looks so big for 125! Triple C quit when he had at last made the small weight classes interesting. And since it’s been awesome. 2-3 years ago if the UFC has scrapped them nobody would have cared, now there are legit stars.

was weird, fig always looked top notch, moreno alwys looked like a B fighter
then when they fought eachother it was all different
mistimed cycle?