WTF is this crap? Putting Mario on the spot Joe?

It was a wrong call. I think Silva won that fight fair and square.

However, it is wrong for Joe Rogan, a man who's lived his whole life in front of a crowd, to put Yamasaki on blast like that. Yamasaki is a referee of a fight, he answers to the commission that gave him that authority. Not to Joe Rogan, and not to the fans, and it's WRONG to try and sandbag him using the audience as leverage.

And that's coming from a huge Joe Rogan fan (I love his podcast too), and somebody who also believes Yamasaki was WRONG in his decision.

Erick Silva can appeal the decision and probably get the decision overturned. I hope he can.

MiddleEasy - Every ref should be accountable for his/her actions. Good choice by Hogan. Phone Post

It isnt Joes place to say anything. Hes not a coach, fighter, manager. Do you see Al Michaels interviewing Ed Hochuli after a bad call in football? Nope. They say its a bad call in the booth and move on. Joe has a platform to discuss the calls in the booth, and should use that. He should leave the complaints to the fighters team. Phone Post

" Do you see Al Michaels interviewing Ed Hochuli after a bad call in football? Nope. They say its a bad call in the booth and move on."

Is Al Michaels down on the field three feet away from Ed within seconds of the bad call?

Also, who cares what they do in football? I wasn't aware that sport and its broadcasts were beyond reproach in all respects.

Ghengiseanie - 
Granpa - Wow, most unprofessional thing I've seen in MMA ever. WTF is that? Okay if you didn't agree with the DQ fine, but putting the ref on the spot like that? WTF Joe?!

I agree potentially damaging to a refs impartiality in future events, definitely a bad move.

I didnt like that Joe did that..

That was downright disrespectful behaviour from Rogan there

I think the ufc have a superiority complex. It's like they're a law unto themselves. Rogan was absolutely bang out of order towards Yamasaki. Who in gods name is Rogan to doubt, and belittle a referee like that in front of thousands of people, and on live tv. It's a real, "oh I'm with the ufc, we are the law" attitude. I was really disgusted with it i have to admit. It's stuff like that, that will always have it behind boxing as the number 1 contact sport

it was gringe worthy listening to Rogan watching the replay when he kept saying, "thats legal, thats legal ,thats legal, thats legal"

when more shots than not where clearly NOT LEGAL,

since when did the referee have to answer to Mr Fear Factor???

im actually still really annoyed with Rogans behaviour last night.

very amateurish

KevinMcAllister - 
MiddleEasy - Every ref should be accountable for his/her actions. Good choice by Hogan. Phone Post
It isnt Joes place to say anything. Hes not a coach, fighter, manager. Do you see Al Michaels interviewing Ed Hochuli after a bad call in football? Nope. They say its a bad call in the booth and move on. Joe has a platform to discuss the calls in the booth, and should use that. He should leave the complaints to the fighters team. Phone Post

NFL media doesn't interview refs because they are prohibited from doing so in post-game. Just as the NBA, MLB, and NHL do. If there is controversy, the leagues will arrange for a statement to be made, and the ref in particular may be allowed to comment on the fact a couple of days later (after the higher-ups decide how to handle it).

However, if they had the opportunity, you can guarantee the media would be all over refs in league sports the moment the game was over just like they interview coaches and players before they can even get off the field/court/ice.

But other sports safeguard their officials, and even go so far as to censor the teams/players from bad-mouthing the officials in any respect.

So if the UFC was like those other sports, there would be no opportunity to interview a ref right after a controversial call. But there WOULD be fines for the fighters and camps complaining about getting robbed...justified or not.

This thread shows what a bunch of butthurt, whiny bitches about EVERYTHING the majority of mma fans seem to be. 

There are actually more people upset over a referee being asked a legitimate question by the man whose job it is to ask questions than there are upset about an exciting fighter being denied a big win due to a terrible call.