WTF Shogun... why not sidestep the takedown???

seriously, why did Shogun let Chael take him down so easily and get that guillotine?

i have no formal training and i would have just sidestepped the takedown and kept the fight on the feet. especially since everyone knows what chael is going to do

sad day for me :(

shogun is not like he used to be

2 Likes

Good point.

I like ice cream

Oh! He should have just side stepped it. Gotcha. Phone Post

Lol at "I would have just sidestepped it." Phone Post 3.0

Chael's wrestling is ez to defeat. Just side step it yo. I've got no training or nothing, but just side step it. Side step will soon nulify mma wrestling. Age of the striker commence!

InspiritMick - Good point.

I like ice cream

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Why get sucked in to Chael's game and step to the side (a wrestling move). I would've just wheelkicked him in the face.

1 Like

3/10

Jumping side kick would have been the best choice in my opinion. Chael goes for a double leg and BAM right in the kisser. Phone Post

Lol sidestepped Phone Post

Oh Shogun, why didn't you just side step the takedown???? Phone Post

I've been saying all along op should of been fighting chael not shogun. Phone Post 3.0

Easier said than done?

Why didn't Shogun counter with a flying arm lock at some point? After all he is a BJJ black belt.

get real people.

JoeMimic - 
Monkey_tumscro - Why get sucked in to Chael's game and step to the side (a wrestling move). I would've just wheelkicked him in the face.

Yup fuckin just would've jumped over the takedown did a 360 flip backwards and then a liu kang esque flying kick for the KO. Phone Post

Unrealistic.

JoeMimic - 
Monkey_tumscro - Why get sucked in to Chael's game and step to the side (a wrestling move). I would've just wheelkicked him in the face.

Yup fuckin just would've jumped over the takedown did a 360 flip backwards and then a liu kang esque flying kick for the KO. Phone Post

Using OP's advice and sidestep followed up with a shoryuken for the knock out. I would do a Mark Hunt walk away.

I know, I screamed the same thing at the tv when Creepy got beat up - "just sidestep".

But I was watching a delayed broadcast, maybe that's why he didn't hear me. Phone Post

That's what I was screaming at Bendo when Pettis jumped off the cafe. Phone Post

Was thinking the same when Overeem fought, I personally would have sidestepped to avoid the kick.

I mean c'mon, what was he thinking?? Phone Post 3.0

Shogun is a legend and all-time great but his body (knees) have been through the meat grinder. No mobility. Phone Post 3.0

1 Like

If Anderson sidestepped instead of weaved he would still be champ. OP is a genious.