WTF Shogun... why not sidestep the takedown???

Frames4Life - 

That's what I was screaming at Bendo when Pettis jumped off the cafe. Phone Post

Ah, the famed "cafe kick". Java jump to the cafe right into a caffeine fueled coffee kick. Brutal.

1 Like

"Sidestepping" a takedown is the way to beat gsp Phone Post 3.0

InspiritMick - Good point.

I like ice cream

I like turtles.

AHA! So that's how GSP's takedowns can be prevented from now on...side step em'.

Thanks for this completely awesome and non ignorant revelation OP ;) Phone Post

SWIM says he doesn't trane, but if he did, he would work on the 'side step'

SWIM also says "lol"

I'm dying. Vu all around. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1RqFRnrSpE

Since we all knew what Chael is going to do, Shogun should have just threw a knee, right as Chael went in for a takedown... na better yet, Shogun should have just punched him on the chin and knocked him out. what a dumbass Shogun is. sarcasm Phone Post

He should have pulled out the ebersole cartwheel kick. On that note where is Brian Ebersole? I heard be was dropping to 155 Phone Post 3.0

Somersault escape was right there for him...

Wow...this is the worst thread I have visited today. Congratulations all. Phone Post

thorsmitersaw - seriously, why did Shogun let Chael take him down so easily and get that guillotine?

i have no formal training and i would have just sidestepped the takedown and kept the fight on the feet. especially since everyone knows what chael is going to do

sad day for me :(

shogun is not like he used to be

LMAO. Thanks for the laughs,OP.

Who knew you could just "sidestep" an NCAA Division I All-American wrestler, without any training at all.Shogun is such a noob !

A lot of people could use your guidance, sensei.

This might be my new favorite thread. Phone Post 3.0

Shogun just read this, face palmed himself and went "my god! It's so obvious! Why didn't I just side step!"

Wandi just read read this and called Dana up and took the fight. OP unlocked the key to beating Chael for him.

Just sidestep for the win. Phone Post 3.0

6 months of side step traneing and Shogun is champ again. Phone Post

lol @ "I have no training but would have just..." obvious troll. Phone Post

Chareth Cutestory - 08/18/13 - The day wrestling in MMA became obsolete.

With the invention of the side step from OP.
This will be the side stepping era!

Seats Taken - Shogun just read this, face palmed himself and went "my god! It's so obvious! Why didn't I just side step!"

Wandi just read read this and called Dana up and took the fight. OP unlocked the key to beating Chael for him.

Just sidestep for the win. Phone Post 3.0

You had think so, wouldn't you?

No,no,no.Don't underestimate Chael Sonnen. Surely, he will not make the same mistake twice. Wand will need OP's advanced couch-training.

Game plan Shogun should have used:

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
Let's do the Time Warp again! Phone Post 3.0

side step no can defend.