Yamatodamashii Tshirt Contest!!!

ttt

What you got playing in the iPod?

Usually I listen to Britney Spears or Insync..Just kidding, it may be crazy but I like listening to Reggae and melow music when I run. Once in awhile I'll turn it up and listen to Tech9 and listen to some hip hop.

^ Exactly what I listen too.....gotta love reggae.

Wohoo just broke the 8 minute mile barrier. Now I am going to really push and try and do some elipitical crap in the afternoon.

Next goal 8 minute 3 miles

Phil Baroni definetly earned himself a free tshirt!!

Ok winners are getting shirts mailed today.

Here is was an exceptional one I recieved

Well it's the end of the week and here is what i got so far from the challenge you issued, again i did take it very serious and i may have overstepped my boundries but i'll see how certain situations play out, anyways i started off by calling my sister in law who i don't really get along with and decided to congratulate her in receiving her bachleors degree in english, i told her it is something that can never be taken away from her and she should be proud. Also I started to talk to a co-worker about reuniting him with his daughter who he hasn't seen in 14 years, he says their are reasons why he hasn't seen her but family is family and blood is blood, so this mission is going to take longer than this week lol. And to end it off light, I decided to work off my back more in grappling to get my guard game better and submission game better from my back, i always shoot to get top position fo fear of being on my back so this week i started pulling guard and working from my back, it is a struggle but hopefully i will improve. Well that is what I have done, not sure if that is what you were looking for but i do feel good about these things. PEACE

^ Was I supposed to email you? awww damn

or do you pick who wins via email. Fyi I posted mine few pages back :/

edit: I sent an email to you..

Thanks, awesome story, sent you an email back

ttt good luck everyone

is it wrong to demand a re-count?

lol I will post another awesome story tonight

ttt for a GREAT company

Enson's a stud.

Sorry the tshirts took forever, I'll post it tomorrow

lol i was joking by the way. it's my damn australian sense of humor. I'm thinking it doesn't translate so well via the net. lol but i can't help it

I've been involved in some sort of martial art or another since I was 15 (now 36). It helped take me from an overweight introvert to a fairly in-shape and socially adept adult.
On October 31 2004, I was putting up siding on the garage we had just built behind our house. I was gettting to the end of the job and wanted to be done before winter. I set up my ladder incorrectly and ended up falling about 30 ft to the ground. I dislocated every bone in my left hand and tore every ligament there, broke my wrist in my right hand, dislocated the first three ribs on my right side from the sternum and tore my left ACL for good measure.
As I laid in the hospital, I worried about so many things; my profession, I'm a digital imaging artist. My martial arts, how would I ever work out again. And mostly my family, my son was 2 at the time and my wife had a baby on the way. What kind of father could I be with crippled hands?
My hand surgeon was the best. He them back together. He said that I could thank my martial arts training for surviving the fall with relatively few injuries. He'd seen people die from less.
That really set off a spark in my head. What if I died? What if that was my last day? Was I satisfied with where my life was? I love what I do for a living but hated the place I worked. I had a good marriage but was I being a really good father and husband? Did I train in martial arts like I really meant it? Like I really loved it? Did I live like I loved it?
Since then, I quit my job and opened my own retouching/digital imaging business. My work got me noticed and hired by one of the top ad agencies in the US. They moved my family and me from Massachusetts to Boulder, CO. Here we can start a new life in a much easier place to live financially. My wife has set us up on a financial plan to put us in a better place economically. We are now closer as a family and much happier. I work every day to be a good dad.
I've rehabbed the hands, but they'll never be 100%. They still hurt every day. I had to stop going to the martial arts school in Massachusetts in which I had earned my black belt as it was too much striking and impact for my hands. I took up BJJ at a place in Mass. I love the physical chess match that it is. Every time I train, I do more to learn, share and really enjoy what I'm doing. My classmates ask me why I'm laughing through parts of our sparring/training. I ask them why they aren't. Isn't this fun for you? BJJ is much more friendly to my hands as long as I tap early and often. I even found a new school here in Boulder that is excellent.
Since the move however it's been tough to get in to train as I'm trying to get the family settled in. I'll be heading back to the school this week after a few weeks off. It's very important for me to continue training. Not only for the physical and psychological advantages it has for me, but for the example I want to pass on to my kids. I want them to see that despite the challenges I've had in my life, I kept going. I want them to never give up no matter what obstacles they encounter. I want them to learn that there are no ordinary days, you should try to make every one your best.
Anyway, wish me luck. I hope this story helps to motivate someone else in some way.

TTT for that guy

Good stuff