YES no more soccer kicks or stomps

What's the deal with watering down a perfectly good ruleset just to get more mainstream acceptance? How will the fans benefit????

noones tryin to be undeground

we will never see kicks to a downed opponent legal in the us

mainstream would never accept it

and if you dont want mainstream then pay the fighters yourself

cus in order to "blow up". we need uniform rules, weight classes etc

"cus in order to "blow up". we need uniform rules, weight classes etc"

Ya because people getting stomped in Japan was REALLY holding back MMA in America - give me a fucking break.

i am tryimg really hard not to say fu kkm or stfu newbs to most of you guys

are you from sherdog or fightsport?

It's NOT ABOUT WHO'S BEEN FUCKED UP. It's about whether the strikes would be allowed in the US and whether taking away the strikes would negatively impact fights and the ways in which fighters can win.

I can't think of a single fight that stomps were used to win specifically, there's probably some just can't think of them.. Prove the worth of these strikes - Just give us some examples, I've never missed a Pride event, and have them all - so I want to check this out.

Other than your Takase's and Saku's of the world who were getting beaten to death anyway, does it REALLY affect the ability of fighters to finish fights?

Was Shogun stomping on people any less dangerous then his superman punch that KOed Overeem ?

I am not sure how the Japanese public will repsond to elbows...

But do we know what the OFFICIAL word is regarding the future of Pride rules (legal techniques, rounds, judging criteria) ?

pussies

fucking pussies that's all I have to say about the fags who don't want stomps and soccer kicks in MMA

i yam what i eat!!!!

Pulsar you are correct.

It's just simply that: Stomps and soccer kicks only happen once a fight is pretty much over.

obviously you guys are missing the killing blow aspect of the stomp or soccer kick, same goes for mata leo and any other finishing submission

that's what makes fighting exciting, the complete dominance of one fighter by another fighter

well i guess i suck

call dana, tell him i am wrong and you guys are right!

stompy stompy!!!!!!

Good riddance. Totally unncessary blows. If the guys head is available to be kicked and stomped, he's either totally punch drunk and therefore not moving, or he's in the process of scooting around and the strike will miss a la crocop versus minotauro.

For every competitive battle where one fighter (or both) manages to come back and mount an offense after being stomped in the head, there's going to be several more where a knocked out fighter is 'finished off' by some kicks and stomps to the head. And I don't think anyone can even cite a case where the former actually happened. It's mostly just Brazillians scoring extra damage on defenseless Japanese cans.

pulsar=pussy

pulsing pussy

nice imagery

No f***ing knees on a failed shot ... how weak is that ...

""and why would any fan want his sport to change so that the "general public" accepts it? ""

Exactly, Jesus, you shouldn't have to sell your soul for mainstream accemptence,

"Because they deserve the success of plenty of hardwork being put in? I've got two mates that fight, and 2 more starting this year, of course I want to see them earn enough cash and support themselves - that happens through mainstream acceptance, access to sponsors etc. "

No one gives a shit about your mates. Like these ham and eggers all over the world should have any influence on the direction on mma.

lol @ pulsar's hardworking buddies

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR GAY FRIENDS

Very sad news. I've always been a big fan of Vale Tudo. I'm surprised so many ug'er don't appreciate it.

Why dont they just get rid of strikes on the ground all together?

Maybe put pads on the fighter's knee. Ban elbows on the ground and standing which can cause bad cuts. MMA has enough problems with the whole "bloodsport image".

Get the fuck out of here. Soccer kicks and stomps were part of what made Pride stand out and more unique to all other MMA events.

American MMA has watered down the sport enough as it is. We pussify everything. This takes away the purity of Pride and only hurts the sport. To make every thing the same and take away the variety of MMA is a negative imo.

"we will never see kicks to a downed opponent legal in the us "
HAWAII has it all!elbows,stomps,knees to the head.

unification = pussification

soccer kicks, stomps, and knees is where it's at.

amen wres157 ... nobody has to set up the takedown as they don't have to worry about the knees as much ..