YES no more soccer kicks or stomps

hooray for the death of transitional MMA! HUZAAH I SAY!!

The premise of this thread is inherently fallacious.

Pride with soccer kicks and stomps was already accepted by the general public in Japan.

No rules changes will ever help it become accepted by the general public in the U.S.

It will be the UFC's brand name that will help Pride become accepted in the U.S.

The rules will have nothing to do with how the general public will accept Pride here, other than the fact that they must comply with the current athletic commissions' mandates to hold events here.

So with that said, a big fat Boooooo to the proposed unified rules.

"obviously you guys are missing the killing blow aspect of the stomp or soccer kick, same goes for mata leo and any other finishing submission
that's what makes fighting exciting, the complete dominance of one fighter by another fighter"

So true. The modern day MMA fan just doesn't get it. They jump and cheer when their favorite fighter wins a a close judges decision and jeer at the loser. If one person doesn't make the other submit or go unconcious then he hasn't won a fight, he's merely won a sporting event. Stomps and soccer kicks finish an opponent who is too stubborn to admit defeat or is purposefully avoiding striking punishment.

Nothing good is ever accepted by the "general public"!

MCHammer just did the ring'em dance all over correctness.

In most of the bouts I've seen (and I've seen a lot), soccer kicks and stomps ussually occur when a ground fighter is trying to lure a stand up fighter into his guard. It really opens the fight up to a new level IMO.
Secondly, These kicks are also used as "finishing" moves. (and very good ones at that) But to say,"These kicks are only used when a fighter has already been beat", is no more true than, "Upper cuts should be banned, because they're only used when an opponent is beat". They are called "finishing" moves for a reason.

Lastly, these techniques (and that's what they are) are no more dangerous than a "haymaker", or Cro Cop's LHK!  Kicks on the ground ussually lead to TKO's not KO's.

I don't think they're Dana White sheep - they have high-horse syndrome. They feel superior to you because you want to see someone get finished by a soccer kick whereas they are opposed to such barbarics. Politically correct MMA just isn't MMA at all.

'No f***ing knees on a failed shot ... how weak is that ...'

Forgot Stomps they haven't the huge effect on the fight that knees do. I don't mind no stomps but I really think there is a need for knees on the ground.

'If the guys head is available to be kicked and stomped, he's either totally punch drunk and therefore not moving, or he's in the process of scooting around and the strike will miss a la crocop versus minotauro.'

The point for me is that the guy is forced to move around due to the threat of the kick. Like with the failed takedown, its important that the rules dont create an artificially safe position. The whole thing of kneeling in front of your opponent in the UFC knowing he cant knee you until you get up is lame.

KNEES to the fucking head

"but why are they mma fans in the first place then?"

Because MMA is trendy now. It's hip, it's cool, it's mainstream. Dana was too good at his job =(

dont really see the difference between brutally kicking a downed opponent, and sitting in the mount pounding his head into the canvas with punches,forearms etc...

'downed' can many several things in this game,yet most seem to be suggesting these 'downed' fighters are fully/partially KO'd or unable to continue for some reason.

you fight a guy for money,things dont work out,you get your head kicked in...such is the life of a professional fighter

Like i posted on another thread. People who cry that stomps and soccerkicks are barbaric are so retarded its not even worth arguing

You enjoy watching someone get pounded in the face with elbows from mount. But god forbid he gets kicked in the face while down. Now THAT would be barbaric

lol

the stomping/soccer kicking techniques appeal to me as a fan

ask brad kohler if he remembers babalu

who cares about the general public,let'm watch box'n....olskuul likes val-tudo and current icon rules...watered down mma is like watered down beer aka'it sucks'...........

"it will be cus of kicks and stomps not elbows

No, it will most likely be because of a broken neck from big takedown. Let's get rid of takedowns before it's too late."

lol
This is actually a very good point. No more takedowns in MMA. It starts here people.

I just don't like soccer kicks and stomps because I don't. It's nothing to do with Dana White because I didn't know he didn't like them.

To express my distaste for these techniques I simply didn't bother watching Pride events. If you guys like or liked them, that's cool with me. You watch them 'til you're horny.

If they're removed now because Dana says so, that's cool with me as I'll watch more shows. If you want soccer kicks and stomps, watch different shows.

It's all so very, very easy.

"No more takedowns in MMA. It starts here people."

Starts here? It started MANY years ago dude - and with techniques that impact the game FAR more heavily than stomps have ever made to MMA.

"...and with techniques that impact the game FAR more heavily than
stomps have ever made to MMA."

what a bunch of crap!! we don't wanna "impact the game",

just you face in with a nice combo: knee-soccer kick, and send your head

to the 5th row in the audience