You can call Maynard vs. Guida a crappy fight, but

I just couldn't stand how much Anik and Florian were hyping Guida up

Elias Cepeda - 
ufc98newb - 
Elias Cepeda - Fans who are not drunk and understand fighting can appreciate a huge underdog somehow managing to pull off victory the only way he could (and then, unfortunately, getting robbed). Maynard got close to finishing the fight in the 4th with the choke, they had back and forth taunting, Clay hurt Gray badly with all of his three head kicks, and especially the last one that had two follow up punches that continued to rock him. 

Very good fight.<br type="_moz" />

This is elitist bullshit. People who know a lot more about fighting than you disagree. BTW, im sure you have seen the fightmetric report, so stop trying to brainwash people who haven't into thinking that Maynard was somehow outstruck the entire fight. To call this fight a robbery outs you as someone who doesn't know anything about fighting. It is one thing to call it a close fight and believe the wrong man won, but to call it a robbery is blatant bullshit..

And fans who understand fighting also understand that what Guida was doing was not in the spirit of what this sport has been built upon; and if this is what it becomes the sport will disappear very quickly.

Bad decisions are more of a risk to the sport than fighters fighting smart. And what is elitist is talking about how fighters should put their bodies and minds on the line, simply to entertain you more or less, without understanding what it is to get hit in the head.

Dude lets say Clay wasn't  running just for shits and giggles you said he outlanded Gray which he didn't so he won the fight just on moving side to side?

Yeah dude, you didn't see that wicked side-step he had? Maybe it just wasn't as noticeable without his hair flowing back and forth with the side to side motion. Phone Post

Elias, do you train with Clay?

I saw you fought in Illinois and that's where he's from.  Maybe you're not being as objective as you could be. 

clattymine -  Elias, do you train with Clay?

I saw you fought in Illinois and that's where he's from.  Maybe you're not being as objective as you could be. 

I don't and opinions are not objective. I'm giving my opinion, which is definitionally subjective, just as everyone else is. 

Elias Cepeda -
ufc98newb - 
Elias Cepeda - Fans who are not drunk and understand fighting can appreciate a huge underdog somehow managing to pull off victory the only way he could (and then, unfortunately, getting robbed). Maynard got close to finishing the fight in the 4th with the choke, they had back and forth taunting, Clay hurt Gray badly with all of his three head kicks, and especially the last one that had two follow up punches that continued to rock him. 

Very good fight.<br type="_moz" />

This is elitist bullshit. People who know a lot more about fighting than you disagree. BTW, im sure you have seen the fightmetric report, so stop trying to brainwash people who haven't into thinking that Maynard was somehow outstruck the entire fight. To call this fight a robbery outs you as someone who doesn't know anything about fighting. It is one thing to call it a close fight and believe the wrong man won, but to call it a robbery is blatant bullshit..

And fans who understand fighting also understand that what Guida was doing was not in the spirit of what this sport has been built upon; and if this is what it becomes the sport will disappear very quickly.

Bad decisions are more of a risk to the sport than fighters fighting smart. And what is elitist is talking about how fighters should put their bodies and minds on the line, simply to entertain you more or less, without understanding what it is to get hit in the head.

If you sign up to be a cage fighter, then you should expect to get hit in the head a time or 2. I'm a a chef and it can be uncomfortably hot in a kitchen, so who's to say I should have to deal with that to entertain people with a meal. Oh ya it's my job. Phone Post