You Watching PFL?

Gee what a great fight … two grapple fucks in a row… yay

1 Like

wet blanket wins again

1 Like

Awful card. Bellator was 100X better this weekend

3 Likes

How did Santos look? I know he lost but did he at least look sharp? He just is not the same dangerous explosive fighter he was after the double knee surgery

He looked stiff and slow. Same old Santos. This time he got taken down and lay & preyed out.

In fact 8 other fights went the same exact way.

I never watched an MMA organization this bad in my entire 20 years of watching MMA.

2 Likes

That’s tragic and not good for pfl in a big ufc name coming in and getting laid on

In all fairness of can’t force the fighters to stand and strike but they do seem to have quite a few boring grappler types .

There’s just not much drawing me in to watch pfl now

1 Like

Jake Paul and Francis to the rescue :joy::joy:

1 Like

These UFC guys haven’t done well in PFL. Not that I have faith any of their tournament champions would win a UFC title but seems like if you leave the UFC past your prime for PFL you are still in for a rough night. Unless you are a woman. Its an absolute stain on the UFC rankings that Thiago Santos was still ranked in the top 10 when he left the company. They have a massive problem where they keep guys with name value ranked and ignore age/damage taken/performance/lack of relevant wins. I love Tony Ferguson but its absolutely insane that he was still in the top 15 after 5 consecutive losses and not having won a fight in 3 and a half years.

1 Like

2023 Featherweight standings

Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 21-42-10 LiveTV _ WebPlayer

2023 Light heavyweight standings

Sorry, didnt screenshot it … I think I was taking a piss :smile:

1 Like

wow i didn’t realise it was Marlon Moraes that the champ just kicked to death! most impressive.

Marlon suxxx so bad, at least they broke his legs and not his face this time around

Yeah I agree but PFL and Bellator will continue to pick up UFC wash outs. There simply isn’t enough talent out there that isn’t already being monopolized by the UFC, and there are so many active fighters, that a very small percentage of them actually have name value.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure how he got stopped because I turned away when he got hurt. When I turned back around it looked like he had quit completely. Not surprised that he was looking for a way out, that guy doesn’t wanna be in there, that really sucks. Now I won’t feel as bad watching the finish though

Was it a quick rd 1 finish?

Tomorrow’s card

2 (33)

1 Like

At least there are some new faces… makes me more likely to watch

1 Like

The big guy Renan Ferreira is fun to watch,

As is ex UFC guy Yorgan de Castro

I always enjoy seeing aspen Ladd lose too

2 Likes

I recognize very few on that card. Mma is brutal to track these days .

These are the names that I recognise

There are 5 UFC fighters

1 Like