Your best upset picks of recent history

I'll kick it off with Sonnen over Nate. Everyone and their mothers were picking Nate to maul CHael and finish him. He was a shoe in for the rematch with Ando and it was basically decided that he was next in line when he got past CHael.

Frankie over Penn would be my next pick. I went and saw Nate Diaz vs Gray Maynard in Fairfax VA. At the weigh ins there was a meet and greet with Frankie Edgar. I told him I hope Gray has a bad performance so he could get the shot at BJ, which I thought he could win based on his movement. I did ask him if that's something he really wanted to do, via at the time BJ was killing everyone at 155, but was a fight or 2 removed fromt hr GSP greasegate beating. Of course he wanted it he said and Maynard went on to have a meh performance against Diaz, which many people thought he lost.

Shields over Hendo was a big underdog pick for me that paid off well. A lot of people called me a noob and acted like I had no idea about Hendo's credentials and what not, but I just looked at a lot of his pride fights, espcecially the Ninja Rua fight. Dan was so confident in his self during fights, he wouldnt really worry about getting in bad positions....and with a guy like Shields, that's justasking for a mauling. Im a huge Hendo fan, but that's just how I saw that fight going....WHen Shields got KOd in the first but woken up by his head hitting the mat, I was sweating bircks.

There's more, but these picks got me paid the most and were probably the ones I debated the most over.

The biggest one for me recently was Rothwell vs reem. I picked Rothwell by ko. I ended up winning like 750 off that fight. Phone Post 3.0

jellyonalady - The biggest one for me recently was Rothwell vs reem. I picked Rothwell by ko. I ended up winning like 750 off that fight. Phone Post 3.0

Capable big men wth power will always be trouble for the Reem. Good pick. Recently, I'd have to pick Tito over Schlemanko...When I checked the odds he wass a 4-1 underdog......tf? Against a WW essentialy. What really sucked that day was, I was unable to get a bet in via som strange message I got about not being able to make bets from "my area" anymore over some legal shit....by the next week I was good to go again though....but yeah, what a strange line for a man who basically beat Forest in his last fight in the UFC and was kind of robbed imo.

Leites > Carmont
Iaquinta > Pearson

Werdum over Fedor, but not sure if that still counts as recent history.

More recent- Dillashaw over Barao. Arlovski demolishing Bigfoot. Phone Post 3.0

Shields over Hendo
Shields over Maia
Frankie over BJ 1
Werdum over Fedor
Bigfoot over Fedor
Hendo over Fedor

(See a pattern?) Phone Post 3.0

Bigfoot 1st round KO of Travis Browne. was really happy with that one

A pattern of damn lies and hindsight! Shenanigans!

Nah, you might have.

I picked Tavares over Watson and... that's about it as of late. That's why I stopped betting. Phone Post 3.0

LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye -

I'll kick it off with Sonnen over Nate. Everyone and their mothers were picking Nate to maul CHael and finish him. He was a shoe in for the rematch with Ando and it was basically decided that he was next in line when he got past CHael.

Frankie over Penn would be my next pick. I went and saw Nate Diaz vs Gray Maynard in Fairfax VA. At the weigh ins there was a meet and greet with Frankie Edgar. I told him I hope Gray has a bad performance so he could get the shot at BJ, which I thought he could win based on his movement. I did ask him if that's something he really wanted to do, via at the time BJ was killing everyone at 155, but was a fight or 2 removed fromt hr GSP greasegate beating. Of course he wanted it he said and Maynard went on to have a meh performance against Diaz, which many people thought he lost.

Shields over Hendo was a big underdog pick for me that paid off well. A lot of people called me a noob and acted like I had no idea about Hendo's credentials and what not, but I just looked at a lot of his pride fights, espcecially the Ninja Rua fight. Dan was so confident in his self during fights, he wouldnt really worry about getting in bad positions....and with a guy like Shields, that's justasking for a mauling. Im a huge Hendo fan, but that's just how I saw that fight going....WHen Shields got KOd in the first but woken up by his head hitting the mat, I was sweating bircks.

There's more, but these picks got me paid the most and were probably the ones I debated the most over.

You said recent and then you start off with a pick that was nearly 5 years ago? Lol Phone Post 3.0

Bruce lee roy over sergio pettis.

My best underdog bet recently was $20 on Leandro Issa at +415 over Yuta Sasaki in the Brazil card last week.

ChrispyPicks - Shields over Hendo
Shields over Maia
Frankie over BJ 1
Werdum over Fedor
Bigfoot over Fedor
Hendo over Fedor

(See a pattern?) Phone Post 3.0

I made $1000 on a 10 to 1 bet I made with a Korean guy I used to work with on the Fedor/Wedum fight.  And it's not that I didn't think Fedor at one time was the best HW in the world, it's just you have to keep fighting guys at that top level to stay there, and Wedum had been doing just that, and coming into his own going into that fight.

Stephen Holder - 

I remember when Rashad smoked Chuck, there was an article on Sherdog where like 36 out of 40 pro fighters and mma related persons were picking the Iceman to win. All the comments were pretty much doggin the shit outta Evans like he was just the chump from TUF who didnt even deserve to stand in the same space. I had no idea that Rashad was going to rock him the way he did but I knew damn sure that Chuck wasnt going to win that. 

Actually come to think of it, when trying to think of other accurate predictions besides Cain v Lesnar and Cain v JDS 2&3, I'm pretty bad at predicting fight outcomes lol. I think like most people bad at predicting, I convince myself that the outcome I desire more is the one with the higher likelihood of occuring. Good thing online betting is too much of a hassle or else I'd be broke as shit haha.

Heh, I actually hate regular betting, but I have been having a great time with those Kountermove fantasy tournaments.  And I have been making decent bank off it lately too.  I bought all my Christmas money this year with money won from Tommy Toe Hold's tourneys.

I picked TJ to beat Renan Barao.

TheEmperorRises - Werdum over Fedor, but not sure if that still counts as recent history.

More recent- Dillashaw over Barao. Arlovski demolishing Bigfoot. Phone Post 3.0

Yah, I knew Bigfoot was done for after gettng off the TRT. Arlovski looked perfect in that fight

I called out JDS vs Cain 1 pretty well. Told my friends before the other started that if Cain couldn't take Junior down he was gonna get KO'd

Jones vs Shogun was another. My brother is a huge Shogun fan, so seeing the confidence shatter in his face as the fight went on made my bet with him that much sweeter lol Phone Post 3.0

*before the *fight started Phone Post 3.0

Problem with recent picks is no real (plus)400 picks or better have won. I don't call a girl 150-300 a big dog. Phone Post 3.0

BsbeLOCO -
jellyonalady - The biggest one for me recently was Rothwell vs reem. I picked Rothwell by ko. I ended up winning like 750 off that fight. Phone Post 3.0

I had a massive parlay that night,

Beal, Iaquinta, Moraga, Lauzon, Mitrione, OVEREEM, and Jacare... put $30 and it was like $2400 payout.  Overeem FUCKED ME bad, I was out to dinner at a nice restaraunt w the lady and kids. I'm reading the live blog and let out a huge FUCKKKK in the middle of the place, forks drop, eyes glare but I just don't give a fuck bc I was ready to tear that place down

Why would you put overeem as a favorite into a parley???? Sorry man but that's a no no lol Phone Post 3.0

somebrownwhiteguy - I called out JDS vs Cain 1 pretty well. Told my friends before the other started that if Cain couldn't take Junior down he was gonna get KO'd

Jones vs Shogun was another. My brother is a huge Shogun fan, so seeing the confidence shatter in his face as the fight went on made my bet with him that much sweeter lol Phone Post 3.0
Yeah the second one is hard to call a underdog, but I for sure called jones over shogun. I feel jones wasn't even the underdog then tho? Phone Post 3.0