'Zombie' only real option as Volkanovski replacement at UFC 272, Cejudo never even considered

Who’s your UFC 272 replacement preference? Zombie or Cejudo?

Zombie isn’t retired, so he’s the obvious choice.

Dana/UFC was burned by GSP cherry picking a Bisping title fight then retiring again, breaking contract. Cejudo isn’t even close to a big enough draw to give him an opportunity to do the same.

4 Likes

What about Sandhagen?

Cejudo is essentially done. He’s not a draw, and no one really gives a fuck if he fights or not. He acts like he’s Conor, he’s not, he’s just another ex champ, he has no leverage and doesn’t deserve an immediate title shot

Zombie meanwhile, is a fucking boss, give him a second shot

3 Likes

He’s a 135er.

2 Likes

Cejudo was the much more compelling fight

2 Likes

TKZ getting a title shot after beating Ige? He is 4-2 since he came back. Idk if he deserves it but I guess it’s better then having to watch another title fight where the challenger is coming off a loss

3 Likes

The UFC doesn’t like it when champs retire.

Fuck the UFC.

Maybe there won’t be another chance for someone to become champ in 3 weight classes for another 20 years.

4 Likes

Henry Cejudo was main evented two cards. Zombie has main evented his last 8 fights. If you are the UFC, you have to reward the guy who puts the work in to carry cards for your events. And if Volkanovski were to lose, UFC would much rather have Zombie as champ than Cejudo who might complain about money and retire

4 Likes

See i don’t give a shit. From a sports perspective Cejudo is one of the most significant fights they could ever make.

There is a chance to create history here but they’re going to give us Volk vs Zombie let’s be real Zombie has nothing for Volk and noone gives a shit. Let’s see what’s better for business in the long run. This is the kind of shit that turns off the hardcores

4 Likes

I’m down with the Zombie match up. He’s a fan favourite journeyman and exciting to watch. Why not get another shot at the big time

Volk did what every Max fan wanted and agreed to a third fight and Max pulled out.

I got no time at all for Cejudo in this one. Come back and be active then call him out or fuck off

2 Likes

Sorry Dink but fuck Cejudo not the UFC. What did Henry give back to them? He won the belts then fucked off. Exactly the opposite of giving back to the fans and the sport and the same reason why everyone is pissed with khabib

So you as fan (not a business consultant) prefer the Zombie match up over Cejudo?

1 Like

From a purely stylistic once off fight match up I prefer Cejudo and agree with you.

As a fan of the sport and Volk I much prefer zombie

1 Like

That term journeyman gets thrown around too liberally.

The Cejudo fight would be more meaningful that’s my main thing. Volk is a bad dude, Zombie just a bit past his prime at this point

1 Like

The triple C match is by FAR a bigger more interesting fight, sure zombie is loved but let’s all be real with each other, it’s not nearly as exciting.

But I do get it as I posted in another thread the second it was mentioned, Dana will never let it happen after GSP fucked off

2 Likes

I agree. Probably used a bit loosely regarding tkz but you get what I mean

1 Like

You are right. If I’m being honest I think Henry beats him and I don’t like that outcome at all. It’s GSP v bisping all over again

Henry knows he will dominate volk with wrestling