1000 lb club goal

Did this guy ever gain 1000lbs? Pretty ambitious but I had faith in him. That’s a lot of gains

1 Like

You keep digging the hole deeper, I love it. Not a single strength and conditioning coach on earth for any major sport would agree with you, you’re an absolute clown. It’s hilarious. You have absolutely zero idea wtf you’re talking about. SqUaTs aRe BaD bahahah you sound like some 57 year old fat dude who tells people he used to bench press 400 in high school. Literally no one with any experience in S&C agrees with you

I don’t know that i have a big opinion either way… But @NineFightFour is there a reason you aren’t addressing that OP injured himself?

Why would I address op? I’m busy addressing an idiot who said “squats are bad” and how they aren’t good for sports etc etc or how you shouldn’t “squat more that 2x bodyweight” or how squatting 3 times a week is bad. This dude is bucking futs

So you bring up that “no athletes squat” and then your references are track athletes and body builders? Bahahaha what a fucking clown. Most body builders squat, a lot, but whatever idiot. It’s sad how lost in the sauce you are. I guess you’ve never heard of Platz before. Strong men def don’t squat right? Football players? Nawwwww who needs leg power am I right? I’m sure not a single athlete with big sting legs squats they all probably just pray real hard for quad gains and it just magically happens.

Im trying to hit the 1,000 lb club as well. It should be easy to get back to 315 lb bench and deadlift 400 lbs. My PRs are 335 on bench and 475 on deadlift. Squat is what will fuck me over but I think I can get up to a 300 lb squat. Im in rehab now for back issues but they are thinking I should be able to do both squat and deadlifts again. We shall see.

1 Like

I know, right… However. The PT was pretty sure with some rehab and maybe a tweak in mechanics that i could do both safely again but I won’t even load a bar until I’m 100% pain free. I know i may never do either again. Luckily it isn’t any vertebral issues and no nerves involved.

41 and the answer is yes…no excuse…simply look in the mirror once a day…really look…and let that motherfucker know…

Work on deadlift. If you can get to 415lb deadlift you can do a 340lb squat and only have to bench 245lbs. It can be done.

I got there at your size, well 175lbs with a 275lb bench 340lb squat and 385lb deadlift, and I didn’t really squat or deadlift that much. I did however do bench curl military press for hours and hours a day for 9 months.

The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX
Im not being dick just find it humorous

So what did you learn from it? Bad form? Weak core muscles? Or just crazy accident?

I know a guy whom whole spinal was just one big herniation xD from competing in weights lifting, fuker fixed everything in his 60s, just proper exercises, no surgeries, literally has its own clinic for fixing all sort of herniations, wrote a book about it, does seminars for other physiotherapist

The question is why though lol

I don’t really have much opinion on squatting or not squatting but 100% you need to listen to your body. So rare for 1 lift to break something on you. Its repeated stress. That means you have so many opportunities to either give yourself a break, correct your form, or switch the exercise out for something else. That’s why I hate rigid programs… because you stop listening to your body and just do whatever your program tells you to do regardless how you feel. You need to get connected to your body and let it guide you or you’re going to get injured (as evidenced in this thread and all these threads all the time).

2 Likes

But you have people here who literally got injured doing something that want to go right back and do same thing that injured them. That’s crazy.

I fucked my shoulder for 6-7 years with heavy barbell overhead presses… my shoulder is finally fixed and no waaaaaay will i ever do a heavy barbell overhead press again… no fucking way.

And why did i injure myself? Because i took like almost a year off from lifting lost a lot of progress and decided hey ill do a good strength program to get it back… so I did starting strength and just pushed through even though it didn’t feel right. Before that I was exclusively doing dumbbell presses and I got heavy as fuck without even the tiniest issue… but i decided to follow a program religiously and not listen to my body and that fucked me.

3 Likes

I can agree with this, anyone who rly squatted heavy regrets it, not everyone, but majority xD, can sit in car for too long cuz knees are in pain, can walk upstairs cuz knees are in pain, best option is to walk backwards LOL

3x times squatting per week? What are you doing the other days lying in bed? How light are your sessions? On what drugs you are?

I can do one sessions with 210lbs do it about 30x times, and i do bunch of other stuff, but i bike and run other days, and still 210lbs isnt a lot, and it doesnt feel like you will go far with it, lol at 3x times per week xD first of all wont recover well, and your knees would be replaced by plastics or hip and that would set you back by A LOT :laughing:

1 Like

I dont know. Maybe my ego still isnt as in check as I would like it to be. I just see some little shits at the gym hitting respectable numbers and it makes me sick I cant even bodyweight squat without pain. I want to get back to slinging heavy weight again. I didnt hurt my back doing squat or deadlift, my back was good for years while I was throwing heavy weight (for me).

There are no bad exercises, only exercises done badly.

1 Like

Yup. I didn’t even get seriously injured but I did strain my back bad doing deadlift. I was dumb though. I did dynamic effort dl. 267lbs for speed. Could barely walk for a week after and I haven’t lifted heavy since. The most I would probably lift would be 315lbs. I actually just got back in the gym last week after not going since maybe April. Might do some DL at some point once I’m in the swing.

2 Likes

Not heavy, retard.

Well… Thats not very nice. You said the “R” word. Shame shame shame…

475 is heavy for anyone that’s not a 300lb fatass

1 Like