10th Planet = BJJ/VT watered down

TUF - someone had to bite on Diego's thread - otherwise how do we keep up the 10th Planet hating?

"what exactly is your point?"

That your instructors lack of real fighting experience has resulted in him teaching his students sport grappling instead of fighting. And the result has been failing to execute basic takedowns or show any striking skill whatsoever.

Thankfully he has realised the error of his ways after his humiliating loss in a real fight and he will now step aside and let experienced guys teach the people who want to fight

Wow, I looked it up..

Epsteins, Fletchers, Chambers and Geralds combined record in the last year is 2-6..

Ouch..

"his humiliating loss in a real fight"

hmm - strange, I don't recall. Were you there? Cause besides a takedown in a nightclub, a guy getting held in guard and then separated by bouncers, there really was nothing else there.

oh yeah - you live in fantasy world, where made up things are real, just to reinforce your made up views. Don't you live halfway around the world? I don't remember seeing you at the Pangea event.

so Eddie runs a mcdojo because he teaches his students grappling (not striking, cause they get that elsewhere), who then go 2 out of 3 in their most recent endeavor--and also held a guy in guard who shot in on him out of the blue in a nightclub.

Ok - great rationale. Your simplistic world view must be a soothing place to live.

Well, this has been fun but I've got to get back to work. Enough attention for you. Also, if you live halfway around the world, it's got to be getting pretty late for you. You need to rest those fingers for more hate in the morning!

WOW! Now this is really kinda Funny.

IF you take the last year of the four fighters on Team Freedom (Robert Fergusons Team) they have the exact same winning percentage as the Planeteers!

Ferguson 1-3
Bravo 2-6

Looks like Eddie is the new Prince of Leglocks!

"That your instructors lack of real fighting experience has resulted in him teaching his students sport grappling instead of fighting. And the result has been failing to execute basic takedowns or show any striking skill whatsoever"

Pretty much sums it up IMO.

I was going to learn wrestling...but then I got High...I was going to learn standup too..but then I got high

LOL...ONLY KIDDING.

I believe Jason Chambers is a STUD in MMA...and has just chosen to fight tough fighters instead of picking and chosing his fights.

Eddie Bravo doesn't claim to be the 10th planet standup instructor...or the MMA instructor.

By all accounts he is a VERY LEGIT Grappling instructor (I've never gotten the chance to train with him)

There is a reason most of the top MMA guys stop by his gym when they are in LA...and it isn't because they are trying to get a free Eddie Bravo Music CD

I do find this thread entertaining though.

LOL@ EB revolution.... taking off the gi is a revolution? Oh well @ my gym
we revolutionize every friday nights.

these guys are total clows;"Eddie proved to the world..." they're all over-
medicated hollywood nut cases.

"The problem is not what we don't know... but what we do know that ain't
so." (Mark Twain)

My mma students don't learn their takedowns or striking from me, that would be ridiculous. All I teach is jiu jitsu.

There are several striking coaches at the bomb squad, home of 10thpjj. Scott Epstein uses one, Edwin Grubbs uses another, Conor Huen uses another and so on. Tait works on his stand up at an entirely different school.

We used to have national greco competitor Mark Mirales teach wrestling at 10thpjj but now Conor Huen, who has wrestled since he was a kid, is working with the mma team. Edwin Grubbs works on his wrestling at the R-1 gym.

Jason Chambers runs the mma classes and is doing a great job. He is very passionate about his coaching and my students love his drills and dedication. and he's an excellent corner man as well.

As far as me not wanting to be on top when grappling, well that's not true at all.

90% of my twisters are set up from side control.

Side control is a top position.

My half guard is all about getting on top with sweeps, or getting to butterfly guard if I can't get the underhoooks, and from there, I like to sweep or recover full guard or go back to half guard if I get the underhooks back.

The only time I recommend pulling guard in mma, is when it's clear that your opponent is a far superior wrestler and striker. At that point you have no other choice.

I don't work on my wrestling and striking because I don't plan on becoming a full-time mma fighter. I'm just a jiu jitsu guy, that's all :)

Eddie,

Dont sweat it, you have the best 2-6 guys around, bro!

""his humiliating loss in a real fight"
hmm - strange, I don't recall. Were you there? Cause besides a takedown in a nightclub, a guy getting held in guard and then separated by bouncers, there really was nothing else there."

I WAS there. Eddie went after the guy after his buddy got whacked. Eddie then got taken down and POUNDED (punches and elbows!) I've never posted on anything before, but it's frustrating reading all these excuses.

lol - really - cause he doesn't have a scratch on him.

it's a revolution in fighting sports.

They don't fight

Good lord--I will be the first to ask:

"I just read he will be partnering up with Bas Rutten and Randy Couture in opening a new gym"

This true?

"lol - really - cause he doesn't have a scratch on him."
1# the fight was broken up quickly.
2# the fight was TWO WEEKS AGO
3# If Eddie wants to talk about cheap shots, why was everyone punching the guy in the head (to no effect) when they (his own guys)were trying to pull him off Eddie?
lol at MMA fighters that can't even beat someone up from behind. Again, hahahahahahaahh!

ok naws, now you're hooked..... you'll never leave!

"...I'm just a jiu jitsu guy, that's all :)"

here he comes trolling again...

KASCA, you're probably right, but on to business. Let me ask you guys a question: what makes more sense. That Eddie stood there after his friend (who was right next to him) was whacked, then (Eddie) just waited (totally defenseless) as the guy walked up to him and took him down. OR, Eddie saw his friend get whacked, went at the guy, and then got taken down?
WTF

Who cares!

I just got a call, a guy I know just caught a world record hammerhead shark!

1280lbs! 14.5ft!

big fish..