160 to 135 in 2 months

Well I mean, they probably won't keep you from your weight goals, but why wouldn't you avoid that stuff if you could? You want to do this in as healthy a fashion as possible.

JonKellett - Avoid artificial sweeteners in everything.

Agreed, either way sugar in coffee is what makes it potentially "bad" I use pure unrefined cane sugar or honey,some people add to much and negate the good effects, I gave MG's incase you wanted to take a pill form, but just drink a cup, any size.No redbull, diet is actually worse than regular soda, so drop it, once a week is ok if you must but go regular.

Whole eggs, most of he protein and vitamins are there, the cholesterol (sorry if bad spelling) isn't as bad as once thought, and you should be working out pretty hard so its not a big deal.

those are small meals, the body breaks it down easy and this also is keeping your metabolism burning, the digesting of the food(while digesting you burn cals), also the trick is your eating protein and that is helping you lose the bad weight while gaining the good weight. Sometimes its what you eat, you can restrict calories but this sometimes sends the body into starvation mode and protein is what stops that effect.

Ask Juan, all wrestler eat to cut weight is MORE PROTEIN, they don't bulk up like some guys on here suggest, the drop weight without losing power, and they do it with 6 meals broken up. Bodybulding is a whole nother' thing, it is its own art.

feel free to shake it up a little, add almonds instead of yogurt ect.

This is more simple, the list I gave you roughly is about 3,000 cals, I think you burn 1,200 just being alive, the rest you should burn off in training, the high protein will allow you to keep the muscle but burning off the cals will allow you take off the fat. Try that for 3 weeks, your going to notice a huge change bro, keep me updated, we can talk about cutting water weight later, sauna is NOT the way, but that is for later.

the book Paelo Diet For Athletes is the most complete nutrition book ive read.

avoid peanut butter..i heard it'll stay in your stomach longer..Diego's advice is the way to go..and good luck on the dieting and dropping weight..also good luck for your fight hope you do great.

ttt !

great stuff, thank you so much to all of you. I will keep you all updated.

Been reading this thread every day

special thanks to Diego, Altair and Jon

SJFou - the book Paelo Diet For Athletes is the most complete nutrition book ive read.

This is a really good book. I have a copy of it somewhere. Yves, if you want to borrow it let me know.

Dan

Keep us in the loop in regards to your progress!

I'm in a similar situation to YJ- but weigh-ins are on the same day so ttt for my threads

I had the flu for three day a couple of weeks ago and went from 182 down to 166 in that period of time. Worst part was I had just finished a lifting cycle to get from about 175 up to 182.

It has been three or four wweks and I am only back up to 171.

How is training going for you Ramy?

Dan-

that would be excellent my friend, let me know what you would need me to do to pick it up from you. I'll hand it back to you when I get down to 150 :)

Jon-

I just started now to lose weight. I cut out all diet soda, all drinking and all hoping I could "get away with eating this" as far eating little things I know I shouldn't be eating. This is what my diet has been looking like:

Morning: Either bowl of kashi go lean crunch or oatmeal, sometimes with black coffee. Today I added two tablespoons of flax seed to my cereal. If i eat the kashi cereal I use soy milk.

snack: raw almonds or banana

lunch: either can of white tuna mixed with fat free mayo and usually veggies like celery, onion, etc. I eat it without bread, usually with a big salad consisting of spinach, radishes, broccoli, mushrooms, maybe some raw almongs as well. If I don't have tuna I will have a few small peices of grilled chicken breast with the salad

snack: raw almonds or some raw veggies

dinner: grilled chicken breast with asparagus and another salad consisting of the same ingredients as above.

Thats basically it. I try to drink a ton of water as well. Black coffee and green tea are like desserts now for me. I miss a lot of dishes terribly, and even have dreams about eating certain foods! If anyone has anything I should change/take out of my diet let me know.

Dave-

Training is going good. My main problem, as you saw when I trained at your gym a couple fridays ago, was my cardio. I think I have been out of action too long and was spending too much time drinking and eating wings with you fuckers that I lost almost everything haha. I'm getting my wind back and my body feels strong already, today is a conditioning day then 2morrow is hard sparring. Gonna get my ass kicked but oh well :)

Also how far can I go with a cheat meal? Can I eat a huge burger with a huge side of fries and a large coke? Thats prob like 1000 calories right there, no?

YJ,

Send me mma mail w/ your address and I'll ship it over to you. Unless your going to be out in the south suburbs and we can hook up that way. Let me know.

Dan

YVES JOCKSTRAP - Also how far can I go with a cheat meal? Can I eat a huge burger with a huge side of fries and a large coke? Thats prob like 1000 calories right there, no?

eat the burger, Bison burger if you can (Ruby Tuesdays has it), order small fries and coke, you can eat it 3-4 times a week so as long as your staying true to the diet every other time. Brother, trust me! you do NOT want to have to cut a lot of water weight, so do the hard work now and the cutting will be easier later and you will have the weight advantage. Yeah, the getting back on the horse after a lay off sucks, I actually was and am dealing with a very painful ankle injury that kept me on the bench, the time you stopped by I was just starting to feel better cardio wise, not ankle wise (damned take downs!).

Add low fat cottage cheese and sliced peach and berries if you are still hungry before you hit the sheets, it won't put a dent in your diet and will add protein,calcium and good carbs.

Ill humbly help in what ever way I can bro, keep away from the booze 100%, everything else looks good and your losing the weight, great!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcP6xy6vb9Y

Thanks for all your help guys :)

Shit dude, well done! Now kick that lil' feller's ass!