30 day Kettlebell Challenge starting Monday 4/30

Does anyone else want to join me to get into shape? I could use the motivation/ accountability.

Very simple, very quick. Every morning, you do a short kettlebell workout (outlined below) to start out the day.

Here is how it will be structured:

Monday: 100 Clean/ Squat/ Press

Tuesday: 20 Turkish Get Ups

Wednesday: 100 Swings

Thursday: 100 Clean/ Squat/ Press

Friday: 20 Turkish Get Ups

Saturday: 100 Swings

Sunday: REST

There are three kettlebell workouts, and each day you rotate. On day four, you go back to workout 1. Sunday you rest. Very simple.

Workout 1:

100 Clean/ Squat/ Press. You start with a clean into rack position => hold it in rack as you do a deep squat => when you straighten up from the squat you do an overhead press with the kettlebell. Go on youtube if you don't know what this is. I do ten on the left side, ten on the right, for one set of 20. Repeat for 5 sets. 20 x 5 = 100.

Workout 2:

20 Turkish Get-Ups

Workout 3:

100 Kettlebell Swings. 25 x 4 = 100.

And that's it. I will be using a 24 kg/ 53 lb kettlebell, but if you are just starting you might want to use a 35 lb kettlebell or lighter. Does anyone want to join me for this challenge? I am going to start on Monday.

ChazThundergut -

Does anyone else want to join me to get into shape? I could use the motivation/ accountability.

Very simple, very quick. Every morning, you do a short kettlebell workout (outlined below) to start out the day.

Here is how it will be structured:

Monday: 100 Clean/ Squat/ Press

Tuesday: 20 Turkish Get Ups

Wednesday: 100 Swings

Thursday: 100 Clean/ Squat/ Press

Friday: 20 Turkish Get Ups

Saturday: 100 Swings

Sunday: REST

There are three kettlebell workouts, and each day you rotate. On day four, you go back to workout 1. Sunday you rest. Very simple.

Workout 1:

100 Clean/ Squat/ Press. You start with a clean into rack position => hold it in rack as you do a deep squat => when you straighten up from the squat you do an overhead press with the kettlebell. Go on youtube if you don't know what this is. I do ten on the left side, ten on the right, for one set of 20. Repeat for 5 sets. 20 x 5 = 100.

Workout 2:

20 Turkish Get-Ups

Workout 3:

100 Kettlebell Swings. 25 x 4 = 100.

And that's it. I will be using a 24 kg/ 53 lb kettlebell, but if you are just starting you might want to use a 35 lb kettlebell or lighter. Does anyone want to join me for this challenge? I am going to start on Monday.

In 

I'm in anything to show support. The program I'm on is ending today and I've been doing upwards of 250 swings. Afew more can't hurt.

In

For later 

If I wanted to swing something heavy I'd be swinging my cock!

That's pretty intense for KB work.

Kudos if you can make it through 30 days.

Every year I do "10,000 swing challenge" from Dan John.  Thinking I may start up this week.

Good luck OP

Epic

I’m already in great shape.

AlphaSlap - 

Every year I do "10,000 swing challenge" from Dan John.  Thinking I may start up this week.

Good luck OP

I do the 10,000 KB swing twice per year (or so I promised myself. I'm late now). Such a goddamn gut check.

But I like the sound of OP's workout but I'm coming off a bad cold and don't think I will be up to start Monday. However, I may try and start it next monday. I'll let you know. Voted up.

AlphaSlap -

Good luck OP

I actually did this challenge already last month, but with my old 35 lb kettlebell.

It was difficult at first. But I noticed three things that really stood out:

1. I felt myself getting WAY stronger. My whole body started working together and I could feel myself becoming more physically powerful.

2. I would work out every morning, and after that I felt super energized for the whole day. 20 minutes of swinging a heavy iron ball around is the perfect way to start the day.

3. I was surprised to notice significant improvements in my mobility. I am a pretty fat guy. Bending over, twisting around, squatting down, balancing myself have all become significantly easier for me. Turkish get ups are particularly useful for this IMO.

So I did 30 days with my 35 lb bell. But now I have a new 53 lb beast, and I'm worried that I've bitten off more than I can chew. I did a CLEAN/ SQUAT/ PRESS workout with it, and I nearly puked after each set (only ten reps on each side). This shit is HARD for me. That's one of the reasons I am posting this challenge- knowing that there are other guys grinding it out every morning will keep me motivated!

In

pfsjkd -
AlphaSlap - 

Good luck OP

I do the 10,000 KB swing twice per year (or so I promised myself. I'm late now). Such a goddamn gut check.

But I like the sound of OP's workout but I'm coming off a bad cold and don't think I will be up to start Monday. However, I may try and start it next monday. I'll let you know. Voted up.

10,000??? Holy shit. How does that even work?

And yes you should totally jump on.

Im in.  

ChazThundergut - 
pfsjkd -
AlphaSlap - 

Good luck OP

Here's the lay down for the 10,000 KB swing challenge. It sounds intimidating, and it will leave your asshole sucking buttermilk, but it's doable. First time I did it I started with a 35 lb KB. Halfway thru I started working in a 45 lb. Second time I did it, I only used the 45 lb.

Workout for 1 day:

10 swings

2 dips OR 1 pullup OR 5 pushups

15 swings

3 dips OR 2 pullups OR 5 pushups

25 swings

5 dips OR 3 pullups OR 5 pushups

50 swings

Rest 2-3 mins

That totals 100 swings. Repeat the above 4 more times (for a total of 5) to equal 500 swings. That's one day.

Perform the above on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. Rest on Wed, Sat, and Sun. In 5 weeks you'll have done 10,000 swings. The idea is to NOT do the same strength exercise inbetween the swing sets each day. Mix it up. For example, I would do dips on Mon and Thurs, pullups on Tues and Fri.

There's an option to finish the 10,000 swings in 4 weeks vs 5. You add 500 swings to Saturday with NO STRENGTH EXERCISE. Just swings. But that's too hard core for my old ass.

Only kettle bell workout I've been doing is simple and sinister. In for fun

pfsjkd -
ChazThundergut - 
pfsjkd -
AlphaSlap - 

Good luck OP

Here's the lay down for the 10,000 KB swing challenge. It sounds intimidating, and it will leave your asshole sucking buttermilk, but it's doable. First time I did it I started with a 35 lb KB. Halfway thru I started working in a 45 lb. Second time I did it, I only used the 45 lb.

Workout for 1 day:

10 swings

2 dips OR 1 pullup OR 5 pushups

15 swings

3 dips OR 2 pullups OR 5 pushups

25 swings

5 dips OR 3 pullups OR 5 pushups

50 swings

Rest 2-3 mins

That totals 100 swings. Repeat the above 4 more times (for a total of 5) to equal 500 swings. That's one day.

Perform the above on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. Rest on Wed, Sat, and Sun. In 5 weeks you'll have done 10,000 swings. The idea is to NOT do the same strength exercise inbetween the swing sets each day. Mix it up. For example, I would do dips on Mon and Thurs, pullups on Tues and Fri.

There's an option to finish the 10,000 swings in 4 weeks vs 5. You add 500 swings to Saturday with NO STRENGTH EXERCISE. Just swings. But that's too hard core for my old ass.

Damn that looks way more intense than my challenge. Good job dude.

^Yours is nothing to sneeze at since it's 6 days per week for a month.

After you're done with yours, wait a few months and give the 10K challenge a try. Although, I'd suggest not starting off with your 53 lb!

I'm in for a good kb workout! 

Would this kill a fat person?

Asking for a friend :(