30 day Kettlebell Challenge starting Monday 4/30

In

pfsjkd -
ChazThundergut - 
pfsjkd -
AlphaSlap - 

That's pretty intense for KB work.

Kudos if you can make it through 30 days.

Every year I do "10,000 swing challenge" from Dan John.  Thinking I may start up this week.

Good luck OP

I do the 10,000 KB swing twice per year (or so I promised myself. I'm late now). Such a goddamn gut check.

But I like the sound of OP's workout but I'm coming off a bad cold and don't think I will be up to start Monday. However, I may try and start it next monday. I'll let you know. Voted up.

10,000??? Holy shit. How does that even work?

And yes you should totally jump on.

Here's the lay down for the 10,000 KB swing challenge. It sounds intimidating, and it will leave your asshole sucking buttermilk, but it's doable. First time I did it I started with a 35 lb KB. Halfway thru I started working in a 45 lb. Second time I did it, I only used the 45 lb.

Workout for 1 day:

10 swings

2 dips OR 1 pullup OR 5 pushups

15 swings

3 dips OR 2 pullups OR 5 pushups

25 swings

5 dips OR 3 pullups OR 5 pushups

50 swings

Rest 2-3 mins

That totals 100 swings. Repeat the above 4 more times (for a total of 5) to equal 500 swings. That's one day.

Perform the above on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. Rest on Wed, Sat, and Sun. In 5 weeks you'll have done 10,000 swings. The idea is to NOT do the same strength exercise inbetween the swing sets each day. Mix it up. For example, I would do dips on Mon and Thurs, pullups on Tues and Fri.

There's an option to finish the 10,000 swings in 4 weeks vs 5. You add 500 swings to Saturday with NO STRENGTH EXERCISE. Just swings. But that's too hard core for my old ass.

I will add that I do not do it in that time frame due to BJJ,judo and other training.

I will also switch the reps to 20 swings x5 or 25swings x4

I wore a chest strap during this and burned 650 Cal's in about 35 minutes

Charles Barkley -

Do you wild each kettlebell to the naked?

How much earlier should I be setting my alarm if I want to add this workout to my morning routine?

Neil McCauley - This is way too easy lol. Like s warm up for s work out. Try following the extreme kettle bell workout DVD but do it Mon Wed Friday

You think 100 reps of clean squat press is easy?

AlphaSlap -
Neil McCauley - This is way too easy lol. Like s warm up for s work out. Try following the extreme kettle bell workout DVD but do it Mon Wed Friday

You think 100 reps of clean squat press is easy?

If thats your entire workout for the day? Absolutely. 

Neil McCauley -
sewich -

We got a bad ass.

I can do this entire week of workouts in about 20 minutes. Seriously one workout of the extreme kettlebell dvd is more volume and its an hour. This is a joke.

Yea dude it sounds like you should sit out on this challenge. You are WAY past my level. Good for you man keep it up!

Eh_J -

How much earlier should I be setting my alarm if I want to add this workout to my morning routine?

30 minutes early. And that will give you plenty of time. The hardest days are the clean/ squat/ press. Even that won't take you very long.

The workouts are quick and dirty. You get a lot of bang for your buck when you're doing kettlebells.

And again, this isn't an elite level fitness challenge. It's geared towards guys who are at the beginner/ intermediate level. But whatever your fitness level, if you start off each morning with a short kettlebell routine it is going to give you a massive boost in energy that will last you the whole day I promise!

FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

Would this kill a fat person?

Asking for a friend :(

No it won't kill you but it might turn you into a skinny person.

I am a fat person myself, by the way. I'm only 5'9'' and I weigh 280 lbs. But I'm down from a high point of 320, and I've packed on quite a bit of muscle too. My point is, it's never too late to turn the ship around and start creating the life you want.

Let's do it!!

In for this.

Alright boys this is day one!

One hundred kettlebell clean/ squat/ press.

Who else completed the challenge? If anyone else wants to jump in it's not too late.

Get after it!!

That’s awesome. I would join but it’ll get in the way of my current athletic goals. 

Subbed

Was able to complete 400 swings today.  I used a 20kg bell.  Pressed for time and a bit out of shape, I really struggled with the last 100.  Used push/pull exercises in between sets like dips and very strict crossovers.  My grips are not anywhere near what they were last year, so no pullups or rows between swings.

Good luck everyone else getting into shape!

Finished with a 3 min plank, good times!

ChazThundergut -
Neil McCauley -
sewich -

We got a bad ass.

I can do this entire week of workouts in about 20 minutes. Seriously one workout of the extreme kettlebell dvd is more volume and its an hour. This is a joke.

Yea dude it sounds like you should sit out on this challenge. You are WAY past my level. Good for you man keep it up!

Sorry dude. Wasnt trying to hijack. Continue on! More exercise the better. 

Heres a tip for yall scruggling with grip due to sweaty hands or if the kettlebell hurts your callases ... take an old sock and cut the toe end off of it and wear it over your hand leaving your thumb out. It works great so you dont fling the kettlebell through your tv or walls etc. 

In

I know somebody has that gif of those two guys doing their kb swings

Day one complete. I’m adding these to my regular workout.  Definitely added some fun.   I forgot how important technique is on kB cleans.  Took a while before I stopped banging the kB on my wrist 

Got my hundred clean, squat, presses in today. Used a 35lb bell and broke it up into sets of 40/40/20, alternating arms each 10 reps.  Felt good.