99% of Ariel's content is now an attack on Dana/UFC

Is there anything he has said that we didn’t know yet

I never understood that “not a full time job” thing. You are the number on promotion in the world for one of the most highly valued sport orgs in the world and you are acting like you are hiring uber drivers to perform on your fight cards. Like it’s a gig job.

5 Likes

Goodbye GIF

I mean the guy cried, literally cried, when dana gave him a slap on the wrist. He was in the right place at the right time to cover mma and made a successful career of it. That doesnt make him less of a whiny rat weasel crybaby bitch.

4 Likes

Try to think rationally. Why should you give a fuck about fighter pay? do you think your favorite fighter will pat you on the back for doing so?

all of these fighters signed a contract. they knew EXACTLY what they were getting. If you dont like it, dont sign with the UFC - theres plenty of other orgs out there.

1 Like

I agree Ariel, can be conniving, and a bit of a weasel sometimes.

However, he is an excellent reporter. Excellent at what he does.

Also, if he wants to bring up fighter pay, what is wrong with that?

It has come out, because of the monopoly court case, that UFC fighters get 16-20% of total revenue. And UFC has an internal policy of keeping it below 20%.

If Ariel feels that is too low, and wants to voice that, I don’t see a problem with that.

I am not anti-UFC btw. I think what Dana has achieved is amazing. I wouldn’t want for it to be broken up, and go like boxing. But 16-20% seems a little low to me too.

2 Likes

Ariel doesn’t give a shit about fighter pay. It’s about exacting revenge on the UFC. he is just using this cause to manipulate the fans against the ufc.

he hasn’t just disparaged the ufc about pay, he’s done it about other things and is trying to hype up other promotions too.

3 Likes

It’s a weird thing to say “why should you give a fuck about fighter pay” when there is lots of injustice in the world, contracts or not. Are you suggesting we shouldn’t care about right or wrong when a contract is involved?

1 Like

what exactly is right or wrong? did someone put a gun to their head and make them sign?

1 Like

Crypto Listing GIF by Gateio

1 Like

You have a really black and white way of looking at things.

I wish life were that simple.

2 Likes

Cant emphasize enough, ariel was in the right place at the right time to cover MMA when it became more mainstream and popular. His dorkball interactions with gina carano also made him more popular. The guy is a slimy ass weasel, and theres a million other people more suited to report on mma than him. He struck gold, and good for him for doing so, but that doesnt mean anyone is obligated to like the little fuckin rat. Hes like the cnn of mma coverage, he just wants his clicks/views at any expense.

2 Likes

Ariel is a colossal cunt

Anyone that disputes this is a cunt themselves

1 Like

the little mermaid sea GIF

1 Like

He got a MAJOR push from the UG and that’s what truly catapulted him into the limelight. He forgot where he came from. The Mermaid is a cunt.

2 Likes

No way, the ug was already largely irrelevant by the time he hit the scene. Mma media guys almost exclusively started on sherdog. That’s where all the non-training pussy fanboy pro wrestling fans would hang online. Guys who think watching a few hundred videos of fights actually gives them technical insight while having no actual high level athletic experience let alone in combat sports.

Just report what you see, guys. I don’t want to hear about your spikey haired “breakdowns”.

Ariel has said he refuses to interview Colby Covington because he’s “not real, and playing a character”

But Ariel had no problem interviewing Chael for years in a much more obvious fake character than Colby. Ariel even let him go on that 20 minute rant about how all Pride fights were fixed.

Ariel gets good interviews but he’s a giant twat and a hypocrite.

5 Likes

Hes the definition of born on third thinks he hit a triple. Most hateable guy in mma besides ali adella-ziz-aziz-abib-aziz

This is bang on, right place right time. He was the only one really covering it back then, I remember him around the time UCC was not yet TKO. Lucky little shit lol

did it hurt you when he broke the Brock news? Why are you so concerned about Dana? Dude is a rich scumbag.

1 Like