Aldo would wreck Penn

apparently it seems its going to take more than browns punches to beat aldo i would say

great thread

You guys are seriously reaching.  BJ would tool Aldo...lets not get ahead of ourselves here. 

The worst matchup in the world for BJ is a guy with faster hands that has great takedowns and top control. In a straight boxing match where BJ didn't fear a takedown, I think he'd actually beat GSP. We know how an MMA match would go at this point.

All that said, Aldo has ridiculous hand and leg strike speed and supposedly is best when on the ground. I gotta say BJ would win at this point, but Im not all the way sure about it.

I dont know how some people on this forum lock it into their brains that new talent could never take on an established vet with a huge resume. Sure, Aldo hasn't fought anyone near BJ's caliber, but to disregard him is crazy. You have to evaluate talent somewhat like Kiper does with college athletes. Find skills that translate to the next level. Aldo has elite skills. I think Aldo will walk all over the 145 pounders, eat some double cheeseburgers, and eventually hit the big stage.

LibertyForGranted - The worst matchup in the world for BJ is a guy with faster hands that has great takedowns and top control. In a straight boxing match where BJ didn't fear a takedown, I think he'd actually beat GSP. We know how an MMA match would go at this point.

All that said, Aldo has ridiculous hand and leg strike speed and supposedly is best when on the ground. I gotta say BJ would win at this point, but Im not all the way sure about it.

I dont know how some people on this forum lock it into their brains that new talent could never take on an established vet with a huge resume. Sure, Aldo hasn't fought anyone near BJ's caliber, but to disregard him is crazy. You have to evaluate talent somewhat like Kiper does with college athletes. Find skills that translate to the next level. Aldo has elite skills. I think Aldo will walk all over the 145 pounders, eat some double cheeseburgers, and eventually hit the big stage.

Main reason I feel the way I do about this is BJ's size.  BJ is extremely talented and a much bigger fighter then Aldo.  If BJ wants the fight to go to the ground, there isn't many guys out there that can stop him from doing it.  He rarely takes it there on his own.  His hands are good enough to hang with Aldo but not as good as Aldo.  I think once the fight hit the Mat BJ would have his way with him (and with most fighters = in size or smaller). 

Wish Aldo weighed more. This kid seems really talented. Would love to see him fight so many people including Silva, o well.

For now Im looking forward to seeing him take on Uriah.

A fighter is only as good as his competition. Aldo has run through everyone. I want to see him fight Faber but I think Aldo should win.

I think Aldo may have a very good chance vs BJ. Its not like BJ hasnt lost. He lost by cardio to Huges, but GSP pwned him.

Aldo might do ok vs BJ.

still think aldo would wreck bj?

ttt

evangelico - still think aldo would wreck bj?

Yep.

I actually did hope before the Edgar fight that they would set up a match between Penn and Aldo. It would be nice fight for sure.

Dana - make it happen!

LOL, BJ just lost his title to a guy who should be fighting at 145...it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if Aldo beat him.

Aldo is a bad match up for Penn.

goku -  aldo's striking is wayyy overrated...he is explosive and uses a lot of different techniques, but he is not that tight....

goku’s expert mma analysis at work, like usual.

Aldo matches up very well with penn. This could be a classic.

BJ could make 145 imo, but Aldo could prob make 135

The Mammoth -  People really get carried away after a good showing sometimes huh.

Aldo was barely talked about on here before today, now suddenly he beats Penn.

L to the mf'ing OL

+1

Aldo showed he could beat Faber by decision. That doesn't = beating one of the all-time greats.

Hopefully one day we will see this fight though (but not too long from now when BJ is on the downslope), as it would be spectacular.

Have heard him say recently he had no desire to fight Aldo because they were both Nova Uniao.

whoabro - BJ could make 145 imo, but Aldo could prob make 135

Bj walks around @ 168 and aldo walks around @ 166 IIRC