Anyone else find Danaher a bit...annoying?

I think the takedown instructional next might make him look a bit exposed. 

deepu -
flemingo - 
Zero1 -

I actually like the japanese terms. That´s where it comes from so why not use it

By that logic we should be calling heelhooks by whatever they were called in ancient Greek

Holy shit, centaur heel hook!  Nice pic! 

Pro tip for watching Danaher videos.  Watch in 2x speed ... gets rid of a lot of annoyances.

Yep, speeding them up makes them far more watchable (I use a plugin for chrome, that works well). Same with Priit, who has some similarities to Danaher. They both love to lecture. With Priit, he likes to go off on long tangents. With Danaher, he       just      talks       reaaaalllly          slow). I find 1.8x is about the right level for Danaher. With Priit, I just skip ahead to when he starts moving again. 

Outside of the super slow talking, I don’t have an issue with Danaher. I strongly dislike the irritating “only I have the magical secret” etc marketing crap, but that’s more down to BJJ Fanatics than Danaher, I’d assume (along with the obnoxious pricing strategy, where they start with an intentionally ridiculous ‘normal’ price, then have permanent ‘sales’ and ‘discounts’ to a slightly less but still inflated price, to make it seem like it’s no longer a rip-off). 

All that said, the bottom line is that Danaher (and Priit) both make very good instructionals.

1 Like
slideyfoot -
deepu -
flemingo - 
Zero1 -

I actually like the japanese terms. That´s where it comes from so why not use it

By that logic we should be calling heelhooks by whatever they were called in ancient Greek

Pro tip for watching Danaher videos.  Watch in 2x speed ... gets rid of a lot of annoyances.

Yep, speeding them up makes them far more watchable (I use a plugin for chrome, that works well). Same with Priit, who has some similarities to Danaher. They both love to lecture. With Priit, he likes to go off on long tangents. With Danaher, he       just      talks       reaaaalllly          slow). I find 1.8x is about the right level for Danaher. With Priit, I just skip ahead to when he starts moving again. 

Outside of the super slow talking, I don’t have an issue with Danaher. I strongly dislike the irritating “only I have the magical secret” etc marketing crap, but that’s more down to BJJ Fanatics than Danaher, I’d assume (along with the obnoxious pricing strategy, where they start with an intentionally ridiculous ‘normal’ price, then have permanent ‘sales’ and ‘discounts’ to a slightly less but still inflated price, to make it seem like it’s no longer a rip-off). 

All that said, the bottom line is that Danaher (and Priit) both make very good instructionals.

What plug in do you use for this?

Is Mr Danaher perhaps on the spectrum?

Which doesnt mean he isnt a great teacher

EazyG -

He’s a single 50 yo dude who wears rash guards to formal events. Ya think? 

3 Likes
HillboFrateTrane - 
EazyG -

It also could be an insecurity where he feels his “identity” is stripped without some visible symbol from who he wants people to think he is. I saw this a few years ago with this guy who lifted weights at a wedding I attended, the guy actually wore a tight undershirt under his suit jacket, that’s it. And then after dinner he actually took off the jacket AND undershirt and walked around so he could display his identity. It was cringeworthy and no one knew how to respond. It was a fairly high falutin’ affair too. The father wanted him removed the moment he knew he was only wearing an undershirt. Guy was just so insecure in anything but his bodybuilding identity.

I also saw this at another wedding. Guy was 45 years old, single and a mechanic in a smaaaall town. Never had been anywhere. Showed up to his brother’s (who was a lawyer) wedding in completely grease stained mechanics one piece (wtf?) and torn, stained grease-running shoes. Again, everyone ignored him as they did know what to do. I think he realized it after and became very self conscious, no one had the heart to pull him aside and tell him to go home and change. He left early because he realized he looked like an ass.

John Clarke -
slideyfoot -
deepu -
flemingo - 
Zero1 -

It's called Video Speed Controller, plugin for Chrome. I think this is the link, if I've gone to the right bit of chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-speed-controller/nffaoalbilbmmfgbnbgppjihopabppdk

1 Like
slideyfoot -
John Clarke -
slideyfoot -
deepu -
flemingo - 
Zero1 -

It's called Video Speed Controller, plugin for Chrome. I think this is the link, if I've gone to the right bit of chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-speed-controller/nffaoalbilbmmfgbnbgppjihopabppdk

Thanks friend 

HotSteppa -
HillboFrateTrane - 
EazyG -

It also could be an insecurity where he feels his “identity” is stripped without some visible symbol from who he wants people to think he is. I saw this a few years ago with this guy who lifted weights at a wedding I attended, the guy actually wore a tight undershirt under his suit jacket, that’s it. And then after dinner he actually took off the jacket AND undershirt and walked around so he could display his identity. It was cringeworthy and no one knew how to respond. It was a fairly high falutin’ affair too. The father wanted him removed the moment he knew he was only wearing an undershirt. Guy was just so insecure in anything but his bodybuilding identity.

I also saw this at another wedding. Guy was 45 years old, single and a mechanic in a smaaaall town. Never had been anywhere. Showed up to his brother’s (who was a lawyer) wedding in completely grease stained mechanics one piece (wtf?) and torn, stained grease-running shoes. Again, everyone ignored him as they did know what to do. I think he realized it after and became very self conscious, no one had the heart to pull him aside and tell him to go home and change. He left early because he realized he looked like an ass.

![](upload://1SimtXnowrLhSqAKz6GMOAruMR4.jpeg)

Wow there's so much 80s cliche in that pic!

HotSteppa -
HillboFrateTrane - 
EazyG -

I’ve wondered this a lot more than I should have and I think you nailed it!

HillboFrateTrane -
HotSteppa -
HillboFrateTrane - 
EazyG -

![](upload://1SimtXnowrLhSqAKz6GMOAruMR4.jpeg)

+1 for HotSteppa's theory!

From the body builder at the wedding in a t shirt to the BJJ guru at the wedding in a rah guard

What would you even call the Mir lock? Overhook americana or something. Oddly enough I have a good bit of success with that but if someone has tight shoulders you can put them in a bad spot before it is even on so I'll skip it a lot. 

pahulkster -

What would you even call the Mir lock? Overhook americana or something. Oddly enough I have a good bit of success with that but if someone has tight shoulders you can put them in a bad spot before it is even on so I'll skip it a lot. 

Is a Mir lock a Mir lock when done in the standing position like Jon Jones does? 

The standing version is in the Gracie self defense too. Ancient Viking Heliojonemir lock. 

1 Like

Not annoying, he just has a different way of teaching. A lot of people find it difficult to follow.

Covid Fro -
pahulkster -

I looked it up, there is a name but yes, it's like blah blah shoulder lock or something. Still had a name and judoka were aware of and using it before Mir's father was a swimmer in his daddy's nut sack, so I get why some judoka at least get irritated by the new naming of stuff.

They didn’t invent anything though. All of those subs existed millennia before Kano. 

pahulkster -

The standing version is in the Gracie self defense too. Ancient Viking Heliojonemir lock. 

Yeah that is pretty cool. They do it when an attacker grabs you on your shoulder also.

![](upload://hKwXaaT4WXXVG13vEI31YugTQEl.jpeg)

You reckon the ancient cambodians called it a kimura or gayuke ude garame?

I watch all of danaher in double speed.